Menus and Miles Saturday, August 1, 2015

lerkhart
on 8/1/15 5:20 pm

Guess I'll post.  I know everyone gets busy on the weekends.  Hope all of you are having a great weekend!

B:  Protein Decaf Coffee
S:  Decaf Coffee
S:  Lemon Tea Protein Drink
L:  Chicken Pizzola
S:  Lemon Tea Protein Drink
D:  Pimento Cheese, Whole Wheat Ritz Crackers
S:  Strawberries, Lite Cool Whip & Sugar Free Chocolate Chips

Vitamins:  Done
Water/Fluids:  100 ozs
Miles:  Walked 2 miles

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
singdoremi
on 8/1/15 7:17 pm - NJ

I have a rotten summer cold and haven't exercised in days but my food was appropriate and I didn't carb binge. All it takes is a couple of bites and it's off to the races.

Premier Protein/coffee cube shake, coffee with ff creamer

Tuna and kale salad, small peach

chicken and more kale salad, beets, Apple slices

cheddar cheese

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

lerkhart
on 8/2/15 11:08 am

Hope you feel better.

Food looks good!

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
DanaDenise
on 8/1/15 8:58 pm

This is my first time on this forum, so forgive me if this has been previously shared.  Where do you get protein decaf coffee?

Price S.
on 8/2/15 5:22 am - Mills River, NC

Hi and welcome

I make my own.  I brew a 5 cup coffee maker of decaf (DH still drinks the real stuff).  Then I mix protein powder in about 3/4c of warm water.  I use that for my creamer in my decaf.  My favorite these days is Syntrax Mint Cookie and Vanilla.  I use about 2/3 scoop of each and yummm.  Some folks mix the protein with a milk or milk sub bu****er works great for me and less calories and carbs.  What you don't want to do is add the protein powder directly into the hot coffee because if it gets too hot, it will curdle.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

lerkhart
on 8/2/15 11:12 am

I have a Keruig coffee maker.  I make a large cup of decaf coffee.  I use Syntrax Nectar Latte Cappuccino Protein powder.  I use Hood Calorie Count Down Low Carb Milk and put about 1/4 cup of the milk in a cup mix in the protein powder and make sure the powder is dissolved good.  Then I pour the Protein/milk mixture into my hot coffee.

Don't put the protein powder into your hot coffee or it will clump up and be a big mess. 

You can experiment with different flavors or protein for your coffee to find what you like.  You can do cold coffee drinks also with Chocolate Protein or Vanilla Protein.

You can order protein samples from Vitalady.com  if you don't have a favorite type yet.

Linda

MajorMom
on 8/2/15 3:18 am - VA

Hi guys,

MENU: (DS Maintenance Mode)
Pre-B - coffees w/HWC
B - Greek yogurt w/blueberries
S - small portion of leftover lasagna
S - protein shake (30g)
S - peanuts
D - pork and coleslaw (pork was too dense and didn't last long)
S - CarbSmart ice cream

VITES:
morning batch: done
4 calcium batches: done
iron: skipping 
evening batch: done
heme iron: done

MILES:
laundry and housework

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

lerkhart
on 8/2/15 11:13 am

Looks good Gina!

Did you retire for good or are you still working some?

Linda

MajorMom
on 8/2/15 11:45 am - VA

I'm still working. I'm just getting my Reserve Component retirement benefit now since turning 60. 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 8/2/15 5:25 am - Mills River, NC

Busy day yesterday and headed out this morning for a week in Va. Hope we get rain here and dry there, lol. 

decaf protein coffee  33g
low carb pita, 1/2 cheese toast, 1/2 cinnamon toast
lemon tea protein  13g
turkey sausage, squash
Caribbean cooler protein  13g
meatballs, salad

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 285 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 408 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 469 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 493 views