From Bad to Worse

JB1114
on 3/18/17 5:59 pm - Grain Valley, MO

I haven't posted here for months, but I've been reading recently. Life has been like a roller coaster for months so I've had a lot of stress. What do I do when I'm stressed? Eat.....and usually not good choices. I had regained about 12 lbs. and now it's way more than 12. Many of my favorite clothes are too tight. I rejoined Weigh****chers' for the gazillionth time but just couldn't stick with it. It's a great program but not really for WLS patients. I wasn't getting much out of the meetings plus the expense of the meetings.

I joined my surgeon's dietitian's website for $10 a month. She is really knowledgeable and has a lot of information to share. I've printed off recipes and got ingredients today to make some meals for myself.

My meals are usually geared toward what DH and DS like. That has to stop. I need to eat differently and after 8 1/2 years of doing this, it's finally sunken in that I need to take care of myself.

After 6 months as a temp, I was offered full time employment. I'm planning to work for a year then retire for good. Financially, we really need the extra income and it has helped the stress.

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to do protein shakes for a few days with a meal once a day. There are 10 women in my department. Fortunately, I'm the only one that likes to cook so we're not bombarded with treats. When they do bring in something, it's from a grocery store bakery. One lady has a blender that she shares so I can make a shake or make them at home and take with me. I need to find some RTD that I like. I've not told anyone there I had GB because I'm ashamed of having regained weight.

I plan to start posting my meals tomorrow.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Roz !!!!
on 3/19/17 6:44 am - Butler, PA

Not YEAH you have gained weight BUT YEAH you've decided to make a change!!! We all get a little ****y and think we can control our weight on our own. We also think a few bites here and there won't hurt us but those bites turn into 1...2...3...and then we are hooked. Sometimes our scale doesn't go up right away and by then we are in trouble.

PROTEIN....PROTEIN....PROTEIN is the only way to fight this battle!!!

I'm soooo excited you are going to start posting again. I KNOW for a fact that the days I don't post I eat a little more than usual. I can't do this on my own. I need ALL of you!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 471 views
Still kickin'...