Thanks for your support EIGHT years ago. I made it.

mobius
on 5/21/17 2:53 pm - Fergus Falls, MN

I am a lightweight and an active member of this group eight years ago. I'm just stopping in to thank you all and to let you know that I made it.

I was diagnosed and then medicated for so many problems I may not even remember them all. My surgery was Sep 9, 2009 - Almost eight years ago. My surgeon's goal for me was 173 lbs and my personal goal was 163. I was a diabetic *****quired non insulin injectables, glucophage and another med that reduces absorption of glucose to keep my A1C below 8. I am now on metformin only and I have not been above 6 for years. My internist keeps saying "when you were a diabetic." I had a heart attack and triple coronary bypass in January of 2001. My heart and circulatory system are still just fine. No chest pain and no blockages in my entire body. I had a dozen other diagnosis, but there is no use dwelling on them or even listing them because they are no longer a big deal with the exception of RLS which has continued to progress. I also have developed neuropathy which appears to be independent from diabetes.

By the way, for the last five years my weight has floated between 159 and 168 depending on the season and my emotional state. Without RNY I would be dead by now. there is no doubt in my mind at all. I have paid for my success in a minor way. If I eat too much I feel bloated and miserable. If I eat too many simple carbs to fast I feel sick for 30-40 minutes. These are my only two reminders that I was very close to being dead by now and instead I am alive, active and a part of my family.

Dear fellow lightweights, Just keep paying attention and you will make it. Just listen to your body, get counseling if you start to fall apart and believe. You will be with us for many years. Congratulations on your decision to live experience a real life. Mel

Husband of 1 - 5 daughters - 4 sons in law - 11 grandchildren -  Loved by God  
I am a "Lightweight" with Co-Morbidities and I am returning to good health.
HW 250 - SW 232 - MD's GW 173 - My GW 160

Roz !!!!
on 5/22/17 10:26 am - Butler, PA

Thanks for stopping in and posting!!!! I'm going to be 8 years out in October and it's been an exciting ride!! Congratulations are your upcoming Surgiversary!!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Jody ***
on 5/23/17 9:20 am, edited 5/23/17 2:21 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Congratulations on your success! I will be 9 years out in October .

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views