At how many months did your weightloss stop?

100Buttons
on 11/30/17 10:47 pm
RNY on 03/03/17

Thank you All for your responses! It's so hard not to worry my honeymoon will end and goal will be no where in sight. I could have predicted I would be a slow loser and slow is fine....as long as it doesn't end far too soon ?. I just finished month 6 and lost 6.6 pounds, so I am thrilled with that. 1 pound in month 5 scared the crap out of me! I am 2/3 to goal now so as long as I can lose the last 33 pounds in the next 6 months I will be thrilled! I will be focused on tha****er and protein!

Thanks everyone!

Roz !!!!
on 1/22/18 10:28 am - Butler, PA

I lost for over 2 years. Don't get fooled if your body takes a rest from loosing and you hit a stall.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Erin T.
on 12/1/17 5:32 am, edited 11/30/17 9:33 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

I lost every month until I decided to start maintaining and drastically increased my calories. You can see the breakdown in my signature. I started increasing calories for maintenance (slowly) at the end of month 6.

Edited to add: I was at my goal when I started doing that and I lost another 12-15lbs beyond that (depending on the day now!).

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

tusun50374
on 6/4/18 9:50 am

I went from 350 to 149 in about 28 months, and so glad I stopped losing weight. I had actually got too thin and my face was drawn.

sweetpotato1959
on 6/4/18 12:44 pm

100Buttons,

I had a surgery that is no longer done now, a RNY+banding, intestinal resection and large section of colon was removed..+ other health problems were addressed...Gall bladder issues , cysts and fibroids. I have been to goal, and am about 15 lbs from there again.With much stress and forced inactivity between. i had regained close to 45 lbs and had a wake call when i got too close to 200 again. I had a really hard time breaking the 200 lb mark. It took me several weeks, to drop 3 lbs...then after 12 months,I began a job that was physically demanding and many hours.. .and dropped the remainder of what was my orig goal, by the 20 th.month.

..Orig. protein goal set by Dr was 90 grams, and carb 20-50gram.. was really hard to begin with, I began with a 45 cc pouch, until edema subsided- then I had capacity about 75 cc for several months. I am 23 years post op.

It was a drastic surgery that gave me the tools I needed. I had drastic weight loss, for 6 months, after that it slowed...as I inched back toward 500-600 calories. Most weight loss stopped for me between 18-20 months. I maintained for several years with little effort because my diet is very tight from lactose and other intolerances, My carb limits is 50 tops... any thing more than that starts intense cravings..I usually try to limit to 20-30grams day.... I combat with B complex sublingual in double doses for 3 days...

You may just be to the point of changing the rapidity of loss. If that is the issue you can get a clue by doing what others have posted., they have done with sucess.... decreasing the carbs and increasing two full servings of protein.

Any time I stall, I do this and increase my pure filtered water intake. I am off all sodas, all" diet" products- because of additives in them. The more protein you can get the morning will generally reduce hunger for the day and help with any craivings...

You know "you" better than anyone else. Maybe make a diet diary, and see if you can find the problem in something you are doing or not doing. Hang in there! you can do this and now have the tool for sucess..

Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 474 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views