Just found you!

Harpediem
on 11/14/17 5:44 pm

Hi I've been hanging around on the Canadian form which is intensely helpful and just discovered you folks. I've been curious to see how it works out for us lower BMI peeps. I'm cleared for surgery at 221 it's, but haven't heard from the surgeon yet. Getting both excited and apprehensive. I hope I can get surgery by early February.

I'm also 66, and most of you are my kids' ages so I'm hoping this all works out ok. I had breast cancer 10 years ago but other than apnea, im healthy.

i notice so many of you lightweights get to your goals and stay there. Thstvmakes my heart feel warm and gives me hope. I want energy and mobility to chase my grandchildren around the yard.

i have a question: did any of you have insomnia before surgery that went away with weight loss.

Pauline

MajorMom
on 11/14/17 6:00 pm - VA

Welcome aboard! WLS is the best decision I've made in a long time. I've always been a light sleeper and that didn't change. Good luck with your WLS journey, I hope you can find a solution for the insomnia.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Ginnny
on 11/15/17 6:42 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Like Gina, I was not and still am not a good sleeper. Takes a long time to get to sleep and I don't stay that way. If I get six hours that's a bunch, but according to my Garmin tracker its mostly light sleep never deep.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

italianspice
on 11/15/17 6:59 am - Eastlake, OH

Welcome Pauline!

Congrats on the start of your journey!

I am 51, for a little while longer! lol

Love my tool, feel better than I did in my thirties and my forties!

Used to sleep like a roc****il menopause hit. Found I dont need as much sleep as I did post op though. my energy levels definitely increased after the first few months.

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Roz !!!!
on 11/15/17 8:20 am - Butler, PA

Welcome!!!!!! Having WLS has been the most exciting ride of my Life!!!! I was 55 when I had my surgery and I'm 9 years out now making me 64. My only regret is not have my surgery when I was younger. I didn't feel like I was missing anything while my girls were growing up but now I know I did.

I rarely sleep at night. I take a Tylenol PM practically every night. Last night I took it at 3am and then had a hard time getting up this morning. For me it's always been a Mom/Grandma thing and has nothing to do with my weight. I'm a worrier and WLS can't help that.

WLS surgery has changed my Life!!! I'm active and can keep up with family now since I don't have all of that weight and low self esteem holding me back.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/17 9:09 pm
Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/17/17 6:03 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I had WLS just after my 61st birthday and it was the best thing I ever did for my health and my looks (side benefit). I had insomnia years ago but found a way to eliminate it many years prior to WLS. I don't think the weight and insomnia are related (though HBP and insomnia can be I think).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views