CHECKING IN

Roz !!!!
on 5/16/18 7:21 am - Butler, PA

I just got a message from JB so I thought I'd check in. This site used to be the BOMB! Lots of posters back then but it got to be depressing seeing my picture on 90% of the posts. I'm always available if you want to send me a message!!! I still care about my LW's!!!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Ginnny
on 5/16/18 7:40 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good to here from you Roz. I hope all is going well for you and your husband and family.

Thanks for stopping by!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

JB1114
on 5/16/18 1:33 pm - Grain Valley, MO

So glad you are alright. When I saw you weren't posting I thought you or your husband might be ill. It was unusual not to see your posts.

I have been on Weigh****chers for a few months, but I really can't afford $45 a month for meetings. Seems like every meeting has one or two members that talk, talk, talk. Then there are the ones that talk to each other making it difficult to hear. I tried the online WWs for $19.95 but again I don't want to spend the money. I'd rather use the money for my hobbies. OH is free!!

The new WW program is very good and pretty much how I should have been eating since 2008. The only exception is fruit doesn't have to be counted so they encourage you eat a lot of fruits and veggies. I can't eat a lot of fruit even though it's healthy. Too much natural sugar in some fruits for me. Raw veggies don't digest very well. Being on WWs did get me on track making good choices and I was so happy to rid myself of those extra pounds.

The dietician that was working for my surgeon now has a bariatric website called foodcoach.me. I'm following her now too. It's free for some of the info but there is a $12 charge per month for access to the complete website. I think it's very good.

I'm really enjoying retirement. I work on quilts a lot and read a lot. Love being able to read for hours.

Hope we can get more people participating. Makes it more interesting.

Jo

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Jody ***
on 6/12/18 12:22 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Hi Roz!! Yes, this site used to be very busy - lots of people. I check in about once a month (reading mostly)... Hope all is well with you and your family - love seeing your posts on FB!!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Frances T.
on 6/15/18 10:48 am - Houston, TX

Hi JODY!!!

The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.

5' 7" Pre-Op 253 / Surgery 229 / Current 180 / Goal 140  Met Goal 9/18/09  
Frances T.
on 6/15/18 10:43 am, edited 6/15/18 3:44 am - Houston, TX

You aren't the only one checking in. I just did also!!! It's been so long and soooooooooo and many things have happened in my life. I remember when we were like family and shared, cared, and carried each other through more than just the weight. We were sisters and had a couple of brothers. Maybe we can bring it back.

It's been more than 6 years since I posted and I had reached my goal of 140. Now I'm 191. Doing Weigh****chers and down from 204. I hated it when I crossed over 200.

But hello everyone! Spread the word. We really can help each other!

Lord knows I need the support! LOV you ROZ!!!

The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.

5' 7" Pre-Op 253 / Surgery 229 / Current 180 / Goal 140  Met Goal 9/18/09  
mobius
on 9/30/18 10:13 am - Fergus Falls, MN

Hi Roz, It's nice to see you and celebrate your success. It's been nine years since surgery for me, so I rarely stop in. Maybe once a year. But when I do it's nice to see a friendly face and a poster that I know.

Husband of 1 - 5 daughters - 4 sons in law - 11 grandchildren -  Loved by God  
I am a "Lightweight" with Co-Morbidities and I am returning to good health.
HW 250 - SW 232 - MD's GW 173 - My GW 160

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 285 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 409 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 469 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 493 views