NJackson5’s Posts

NJackson5
on 6/6/18 3:18 pm
Topic: RE: help me choose lightweights?

Thanks for the response. You really did well losinn weight. I actually had never heard of the Sadi and I don't think my surgeon performs those but that will be something to keep in mind. I can tell you understand exactly what I was saying about being a lightweight but not wanting to deal with regain later. That is what I am most afraid of. I have the band now which is the reason for a second Surgey. I lost minimal weight with this procedure and wondering if I should do something other than just restrictive procedure again. Although I did not regain with the band I never got down past about a 30 lb lost so I am still well over my goal.

I really need something that is gonna give me the best shot at losing and keeping it off!

NJackson5
on 6/4/18 8:02 pm

Denise

Thanks for your input. This definitely gives me a better outlook on the procedure and yes I will be discussing this with my surgeon. Thanks again!

NJackson5
on 6/3/18 11:06 pm
Topic: RE: At how many months did your weightloss stop?

What procedure did you have? Just curious

NJackson5
on 6/3/18 11:41 am

Hi there I am curious to know as a lightweight , what surgery did you opt for and why? I am looking for some guidance. I have had the Realize band and was 216 at my highest weight in 2011. Now I am 193 and have managed to keep the weight off but never got down lower than 178 lbs .

I am thinking of getting the sleeve but I am trying to keep an open mind to the RNY because I want to be successful and maintain weight loss. I guess I really have some bias against getting the RNY but I know it works.. I guess I am scared I will lose too much weight with that procedure. Any thoughts?

NJackson5
on 6/3/18 11:35 am
Topic: RE: I need help! Advice Please!!

Liz

Thanks so much this is very encouraging. I believe we have been in the same place. I have a Realize gastric band which only assisted me in losing 20 lbs at best. I am grateful that I was able to keep it off but it has never given me full restriction. I am looking to get band removed and revise to VSG or RNY but I am a little scared to get RNY because I feel that it may be too drastic but looking at my overall experience I would like to be able to get down to my goal weight and keep it off which is about 120 lbs. Could you shed some light on my situation or provide any suggestions?

NJackson5
on 6/3/18 11:27 am
Topic: RE: Surgery Postponed

Hi there I am curious to know as a lightweight , what surgery did you opt for and why? I am looking for some guidance. I have had the Realize band and was 216 at my highest weight in 2011. Now I am 193 and have managed to keep the weight off but never got down lower than 178 lbs . I am thinking of getting the sleeve but I am trying to keep an open mind to the RNY because I want to be successful and maintain weight loss. I guess I really have some bias against getting the RNY but I know it works.. I guess I am scared I will lose too much weight with that procedure. Any thoughts?

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 402 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 489 views