WOW!!!!!! Out of his crib!!!

smileyjamie72
on 1/7/08 5:13 am - Palmer, AK
I cannot believe it!!!! I have a boy on my hands now, not a baby who sleeps in a crib!!!!!!! (he will be 20 months on the 22nd)We started this journey on Friday night, I put Hunter in his big boy bed (a queen size........... We are going to be moving into a bigger house eventually, so the plan is to use the queen bed in the spare room, and get Hunter a twin. ONE THING AT A TIME, LORD!!!) And it seemed like he was just WAY TOO excited to sleep, he could get up, roam in his room (we close his door, but I could hear him in there talking & goofing off) After about 1 1/2 hours, I snuck in to check on him & he was asleep on the floor next to his crib!!! At 2:00am, he was crying, so I went in there & laid down with him, and we both fell asleep. I woke up about an hour later and went down to my bed. Saturday afternoon's nap went ok, I put him down on his big boy bed, and he slept next his crib again. Saturday night, he slept thru the night. But, last night, I checked on him, before I went to bed, and he was asleep ON HIS BED!!!! (yes, I did indeed take pictures!!!!!!) YAY!!!!!!!! And at 1:00am, I got up, and checked in on him, and he was asleep..... still in his bed!!!! So, we are doing much better than I had anticipated. The holidays were just GREAT!!!! Mark's parents came up from California, so we were busy, but it was a good time. First time in like 15 years Mark had been able to spend Christmas morning with his mom & dad!!!!!! -Jamie
~GetnBack2Me ~
on 1/7/08 5:28 am - York Haven, PA
Jamie Isnt that a great feeling! Elijah was about 15 months and HATED his crib! So we got him a toddler bed....He would get up and play in his room and than fall asleep on the floor next to his bed...Well we blew up the air mattress, and laid it next to his bed..And every night we would put him to bed in his bed, and when we would check on him he would be sleeping on the air mattress..Now he goes back and forth, but he loves it!!! Glad you had a nice Christmas!! Jen
smileyjamie72
on 1/7/08 11:27 am - Palmer, AK
Geeze!!! Parenthood is SUCH the mindblower of GREAT TIMES!!!! I find myself having a hard time catching up to him growing so fast!!!! He is such a HAPPY baby!!!! THANKS!!! -Jamie
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/08 6:06 am - OK
Oh wow. Nate will sleep by himself in his own room now which is great and wonderful. I've caught Nate a few times this past week with a blanket asleep on the floor. They are growing way to quick hard to believe they are a few days apart isn't it amazing. wow 15 years i bet that alone was the best Christmas gift ever. Sounds like everything went well and little man is doing great. Thanks for the update. I believe i will move over here and post more updates on Nate and pictures and join you. Marsha
smileyjamie72
on 1/7/08 11:41 am - Palmer, AK
Hunter had a BALL on Christmas, he is now a "professional" at unwrapping gifts!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Ya, how about that????!!!! Someone who LOVES & CHERISHES their in-laws!!! I wish they lived here in Alaska, or us nearer to them. Mark's mom & dad JUST LOVE their grandkids to pieces!!!! My mom, was a GREAT mom, always tried to be there when we were growing up (she was a single mom) But, now, she ""falls short"" on being the grandmother roll. (She lives here in Alaska, 15 minutes from my sister & 30-45 from my house) I understand.............. to a point. She doesn't work at a job, she has rentals, and will do flips & remodels, but, she has the ability to be flexible & chooses often to IGNORE my sister, me & all 4 of her grandboys. Sorry, I shouldn't rag about my mom, but, having Mark's mom & dad here, I tend to compare. Sure would be nice if some of the post-op pregnancy gals would post over here too!!! I know it is the old format, but there is NOTHING I can do about that!!!! I have never posted on the Alaska board. I just want to brag on my boy, that's all, plain & simple!!!! Ya, hard to believe, I am going to be starting to talk second birthday's with you, being as Nate & Hunter are SO DARN close!!!! I knew when Hunter was 6 months what theme I wanted for his very first birthday!!!!!! Think I'll get a catlog from Birthday express & another from Oriental Trading Company to look. I think he is too young yet for the "military-hunting" theme this year, anyways. -Jamie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Support for Non-Surgical Members
Cathy W. · 0 replies · 7466 views
How do you....
Sandie E. · 0 replies · 8080 views
test
justin2smart12q · 1 replies · 8132 views