WLS for two

eljayem
on 2/13/09 10:05 pm

My husband had the surgery 2/07 and has lost 130 pounds - he's down to the 180s now.  He had some complicaitons, isn't really following any diet, but he's doing okay.  I am considering following suit (BMI 41ish) and am wondering if anyone here has experience with both partners having the surgery.  I'm a nurse, and knew what we were in for - I'm marginally worried about his jealousy which seemed weird the first year or two of our marriage, although we've been married 12 years, and at 48, even smaller I wouldn't  be a prize.  I also think he has unrealistic expectations about me controlling his eating after my surgery.  I recognize WLS is a tool, not a solution, but I'm hoping that it will make it easier to not overeat.  Just looking for some advice  or comments.

Eljay

While the weight loss is easier with surgery, the lifestyle is harder.
NewLeaf
on 3/23/09 3:46 pm - Canada

Hello--there are several couples I have seen (whole families) at the VSG forum...you might want to ask them the questions :) Good luck

Deman
on 5/30/09 7:04 am - Gainesville, FL
Eljay, Me and my wife had the RNY.  She had it two years before me. She lost over a hundred pounds and has kept most of it off.  She doesn't follow the diet either. I am a nurse also(RN) and three years post op. it may help your husband to get back on track if  you both R eating healthy. WLS is only a tool and seeing him go thru it may be an advantage four you. I think it was four me. No surprises. U may be more of a prize than u think. We husbands know these things

eljayem
on 5/30/09 8:19 am
Thanks for the reply, Deman.  I now have a date of June 16, and am starting to get anxious to get it over with so I can start on the rest of my life. 
Most Active