Wife going to have the bypass

Tori12456
on 7/4/09 1:59 pm - Marrero, LA
This is actually her log in I just ran across this part of the site. I have been reading and talking to her about this for some time now and I just want to know how eveyone feels the best way to stay close and together.  I mean before reading this I forum I thought that this was going to be great for us.  She does not love herself obviously making it hard to love anyone but she is so miserable sometimes it kills me. Honestly I just want her happy and would give her up for her to be happy but I just dont know we are highschool sweethearts and she is all I have ever known and now she is talking about buying cloths and I really really do not want to be unsupportive I just dont want her to get bored with me. I have a career and have now for a few years but she is just about done and I know she is going to change. Man I am confused I want her happy more then anything I just dont want to lose her...
tamalam
on 8/19/09 1:51 pm - Seattle, WA
My husband has a lot of the same fears.  I was already over 300 pounds when we met, and he worries that I'll get thin and then everyone else will see what he sees- an incredibly beautiful woman *blush*- and then I'll either cheat or leave him for an upgrade.

I think this is a common insecurity- we married women know that much of a man's bravado is really a mask for the real man, who craves the encouragement, support, and uplifting spirit of a loving wife.  I know this is true for my husband.

I can tell you this- I am not threatened by his insecurities.  In fact, I love him for who he is, flaws and insecurities and all, and he's so precious to me that I don't care if Tom Brady met me on the street and said he was leaving Giselle and would I please run off with him, with his hotness and millions of dollars and all- I wouldn't bat an eyelash.  Jason is the love of my life, Jesus is the God of our marriage, and though I know we'll inevitably face things that will be hard- like how to deal with men hitting on me, something I've never experienced except for from creepy old dudes- we'll face them TOGETHER.  He's everything to me, and he loved me even when other men just saw a fattie.  And you know what?  The men that may hit on me or check me out are probably the same ones who have made fun of me and mocked me publically at this weight, so screw them!  Even if they are kind guys, I don't care.  Jason's my man and we're in this for life.

Talk to your wife about this!  Be honest with her, so that it doesn't catch her off guard later.  She'll be going through so much that if you wait it could totally become a bigger thing than it really is only because it may overwhelm her.  Tell her now so you can become stronger together as you go and as she loses the weight.  You clearly love your wife, so don't hesitate to make that clear to her and to remind her how much she means to you.

Your post is very sweet, and it made me smile.  I love sweet marriages :)
"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." [I Corinthians 10:31]

The name's Tami :)  Check out my blog and my twitter!

376            /             350           /    255      /     58.9      /       39.9          /   121
Highest (2/09)Surgery (9/09) / Current  / High BMI / Current BMI
/ Lbs Lost

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/13 2:58 pm

it made me smile.  I love sweet marriages :)

yeah,O'm too.

I love sweet marriages and beautiful wedding dresses

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/13 3:02 pm

it made me smile.  I love sweet marriages :)

yeah,O'm too.

I love sweet marriages and beautiful wedding dresses

HOLLI00
on 8/24/09 12:04 pm - ALTUS, OK
Most Active