Any positive stories about WLS inhancing a marriage

kourichavez
on 9/4/09 1:09 pm - Tigard, OR
All I see are the negative stories how WLS torn us apart.  Aare there any sucess stories about how WLS enriched a marriage and brought 2 people together?

HOLLI00
on 9/26/09 9:41 am - ALTUS, OK
IdaMae D.
on 10/9/09 4:43 am - Philadelphia, PA
My hubby had his wls in 2006. Our marriage continues to grow stronger and stronger with each passing year. We looked at his surgery from a family systems persepctive. We continue to grow closer, I love him more each day and his love for me grows each day. His life has been extended. He has none of his co-morbidities. He's still off all his pre-surgery medications. We are looking forward to a long happy healthy life together.

I just had my surgery the 14th of september and he has been my biggest supporter and it's really nice to have someone else in the house that totally understands what I'm going through.

Your might be thinking why did he have his surgery first. Well in 2006 I was 140 pounds and didn't need WLS. As I've aged my metabolism has gone haywire. I continued to gain weight, did everything to loose weight, from nutritionist, diets, as well as working out and walking. Nothing worked. Doc did all the blood tests for thyroid/cushings etc. no smoking gun there. So I had to do something that would change my metabolism. Gastric Bypass has done that for me.

Hope this is helpful to you. Prior to my WLS my honey and I were very close and now that I've had my surgery we are even more connected.

Ida

IdaMae

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/09 5:53 am - Midland City, AL
I am approaching 9 years post op VBG.  I was very blessed to have a husband that NEVER criticized me for my weight nor my appearance.  He accepted me as I was.  Although he never commented on my weight I know it had to bother him.

When we first met I was a size 12.  I can't blame my weight gain on childbirth because I adopted his daughter!  My problem began after a traffic accident and an undiagnosed head injury.  Fast forward a few years and 150 pounds.  I decided to have WLS.  The one and only comment my husband made was if I was determined to have WLS he had rather I not have "my innerds rerouted"   I chose VBG and have been very happy with my choice.

I am back to my size 12 and our relationship is stronger than ever.  We have 4 grandchildren that I will be alive to watch grow up. 
PetHairMagnet
on 5/22/13 1:16 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
My husband is 8 months post op **** lbs) and I find him even more attractive. He has been very vocal about how positive my changes are (56 lbs total since Jan) and we feel closer having this shared success in our marriage.
FindingAndrea
on 4/7/10 12:50 pm - Waterbury Center, VT

What we learned as I prepared for  my surgery was that relationships that are strong going into this tend to do well and get even stronger.

Ticker

Create Your Own Ticker

Most Active