Surgery Coming Up

sdrichm
on 3/10/15 1:35 am

My wife and I have been going through the process to get approved for surgery.  And she was notified yesterday that there was a last minute cancellation for next week.  So she is going in for RNY on the 18th and then I will most likely be a couple of weeks after that.  Does anyone have any thoughts to help us get prepared for the surgery?  Anything on recovery, transitioning to the eating habits for the next several months, or anything at all?  Or is there anyone that has gone through it together with their spouse?

Thanks,

Steve

Doingrightin2015
on 3/19/15 2:31 am
RNY on 03/10/15

Hi Steve, Just saw your post. The day you posted this is the day I had my surgery. I take it your wife had her surgery yesterday. I'm sure she is sore and sleepy still today. It does get better. About that first week I wanted to sleep a lot had very little energy. My advise is to just encourage sip sip sip. I can say today 9 days out from surgery I am feeling much better. Still sore but not to bad, getting around very well. Drove myself to my follow up appointment that is an hour away without issue and stopped on way home and done some shopping for things I can now have on my puree diet. It gets better each and everyday!

Best wishes to you and your wife!!

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

sdrichm
on 3/19/15 4:40 am

Thanks for that. I can take all the advice I can get. I'm glad everything is working out good in your recovery. That is a big "unknown" for us. Unfortunately my wife had to have her surgery postponed due to some concerns in her blood work. So we are now working through that as well. I have gotten mine scheduled and is on April 7th. A lot of changes coming. 

Keep  us updated on your progress. 

Steve

Doingrightin2015
on 3/19/15 8:21 pm
RNY on 03/10/15

Hope everything works out ok for your wife with her bloodwork. Will be thinking of you on 4/7/15 that's getting close. Soon you will be on the losers bench with us. Just remember that first week is a little pain for a couple days and I just wanted to sleep most of that week away. The second week things really start looking up. In the end we will find it is all worth it. Probably best that you and your wife are spaced out at least a couple weeks apart for this reason.

Keep me informed of how things are going for the both of you also!!

Lora

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

Most Active