Lots of questions....

Sue E.
on 4/21/16 10:51 am - Paulding, OH

Hello Everyone.

My husband is having sleeve surgery on June 15th and I have a ton of questions for people willing to help me with them.

My first question is what do I need as a spouse during this time??

Thanks
Sue

Smallbites2015
on 4/24/16 2:02 pm, edited 4/24/16 7:03 am

Hi Sue

Clean the junk out of the house.

look at recommendations for food he can eat...usually dietician will give a list

be supportive 

don't force food or make suggestions

be ready for roller coaster of emotions

body changes are normal

libido may tank

when he is full believe him

encourage exercise.....walk first

food tolerances change and what he liked before could change

shopping for clothes can be rough...buy on sale

i needed help showering for first two weeks...those little stitches hurt when you pull too much

sitting on the toilet hurt like hell too..didn't realize how low it was

pack your patience

breathe

Be happy for him!

rejoice in his weight loss as well as his NSV (non scale victories)

be open with compliments...men like to hear it too

give him time to adjust

Help,him find good,things to eat...snacks, meals

try not to eat crap in front of him...I told my husband he better hide it or I would throw it away!

hope that helps...

msuburge157
on 6/22/16 12:25 pm

i try to be so supportive but i guess i have feelings of jelousy and hatred that i never thought i would have and i feel bad that i do. i want to not even be around him since his surgery. i feel like a bad wife and person..

Ginnny
on 8/31/16 11:12 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Why are you jealous?  Is it because he's lost weight and you haven't and you need to?  Or is it because he looks good and you're jealous of other women?

rce884
on 9/27/16 1:32 pm
RNY on 09/05/17

Smallbites2015.

This is a great list 

Mind if i print it out for my partner to have a copy of. 

we are just starting to delve into the meaning of this surgery upcoming and our relationship and where it stand with this change. we have been together 18 years and i cant see her changing, but it would be nice to have some things to help smooth the transition.

the one thing she has done Sue, Is promise me that she will be honest and tell me what she is feelign about everything. 

and remind me that she loved me when i was 170 and loves me when im 295, she will always love me. let him hear it. 

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

Smallbites2015
on 5/21/17 12:53 pm

Absolutely!!! Sue how is it going?

Most Active