have you found your spouse cheating now they are thin

jane B.
on 9/30/05 2:23 am - Redmond, WA
After sticking it out with my husband through all the years of him being overweight and all the health issues and trouble with his surgery we are now getting a divorce due to him having an affair now that his has lost weight. He is so self consumed now and only thinks about himself and how he looks. If I had known this would be the outcome of his surgery I would have left him. He has devestated my life and our marriage. If your spouse is showing any signs please make sure you are checking on things.
tomicavols
on 9/30/05 7:28 am - Jacksboro, TN
I am very sorry this has happened to you. You alluded to watching out for signs. What do you mean?
LaPamela A.
on 11/10/05 5:58 am - beverly Hills, CA
The Lord will heal your heart. I know that this is a painful thing to have gone through. I will keep you in my prayer. Who he is now may just be who he has always been inside. Now he has just been given the opportunity to take advantage of it. A Send A Smile For U! pammy
Brie H.
on 11/12/05 9:47 am - Los Angeles, CA
I thought I was the only one that this happened to.....my WIFE lost 200 poiunds and dumped me for another WOMAN!!!! For years I stood by her while her weight esclated to 400 lbs...the sleepless nights with her snoring and apnea...her never wanting to leave the house because it TIRED HER OUT but if it was for Sonics, she would split in a minute...a bananna split, and she was UP...she looks beautiful now but she wants something else....I just couldn't give her what she needed...Hang in there!!!! This is his loss, not yours!
tardisintime
on 1/17/07 11:32 pm - Trenton, NJ
My wife are both about 5.5 months out, and both look great. But she's never had any self esteem. We've been together 15 years, and she is having an affair, and we are getting separated, and soon to follow a divorce. Just be careful.
tinamarie47
on 11/7/10 9:26 pm - Hot Springs, SD
My husband & I have been working out together and have both had some success - his more than mine. He has overcome alcoholism...4 years sober now, quit smoking & chewing tobacco and is a spiritual leader in our church. He looks GREAT and feels great as well....He has discussed divorce if I can't make some changes...one being my weight which I am actively working on. Ironically...the same day I met with my surgeon & did all my tests & labs for approval was the "D" day! This is not the only issue and I get that. I have been absorbed in prayer and inflection on myself. We have been together 18 years and I know he is looking forward to active years ahead and has said he wants that to be with me.
You talked about "signs"...I've had a few. New "private" cell phone just for him...trips out of state on the spur of the moment...LOTS of new clothes and style changes. I ASKED him about it though. He was honest and said he has considered cheating but that is not him and I know who he is as a person and his personal integrity and I truly believe him. I know if I can't make the changes in me necessary for this marriage to be happy he will leave. I simply ask for your prayers and offer mine for you as well. Many blessings....

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.   Phil: 4:13    View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
Most Active