The WLS Weigh, Raleigh NC WLS Support Group

New to this group

sutherngrl94
on 11/28/11 12:37 am - Raleigh, NC
Hey all!

I have my inital consultation with Dr. Sudan and the nutritionist today at 2:00 pm.  It's funny, but I'm nervous about all this because I wonder what I'll look like once I lose all the weight.  Excited and nervous all at the same time.  I don't even have a surgery date yet!  Also, since I have PCOS I'm a little scared that I'll either gain the weight back or not lose it in the first place.  This is a lot to go through just to gain the weight back or not lose it initially. 

Anyway, just thought I'd say hey!! 
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/11 10:29 pm - Knightdale, NC
Good to have you in the group!  I'm in the same position w/ tests & evaluations, but no actual surgery date.  I've been dealing w/ PCOS for years and surgery for me has become a last resort so I'm with you as far as anxiety towards the end result.  

What procedure are you thinking of?
sutherngrl94
on 12/1/11 10:54 pm - Raleigh, NC

Thanks!  I'm thinking of the VSG.  I was concerned about malabsorption with the others and I think this would provide me with results that I can be happy with.  I'm starting to doubt my decision to get the surgery though.  For the past few years I haven't really been good to my body through diet and exercise because I've been so frustrated with my PCOS and my seeming inability to lose weight.  My roommate (who used to be heavy herself) and I have had long talks about this and she keeps reminding me that I need to be good to myself and patient as well.  She went from a size 16 to a size 2 so I feel like she sorta knows where I'm coming from (minus the PCOS) and she has other medical issues herself.  I'm very fortunate to have a friend and support person such as her.

All that being said, we've decided to basically cook our food and eat fruits, veggies and lean meats and get into a workout routine and see what happens in the next few months.  I'm not even trying to schedule surgery until after March so there's plenty of time.

More than you asked for, I know.  Sorry about that.