The WLS Weigh, Raleigh NC WLS Support Group

Groups » The WLS Weigh, Ralei... » Discussion » Recommendation for ...

Recommendation for duodenal switch and/or sleeve surgeon

sunshine1968
on 7/19/13 2:24 am

Hi all,

I am contemplating getting either the sleeve or duodenal switch surgery and I really need the name of an excellent surgeon in both areas. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I lived in the Durham area but will travel if the surgeon is excellent. I would love to hear your experience with your surgeons before, during and after surgery/follow up. 

I would also love some input on your experiences with either surgery. I am over 150lbs overweight and I have had some folks tell me I can lose that weight with the sleeve and others tell me that I would be better off with the duodenal switch. I would love to hear your experiences and he pros, cons and complications with both.   

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. I have been contemplating this surgery for 10 years and am trying to muster up the courage to do it.

Thanks!

sixtwotee
on 8/16/13 9:29 pm - Raleigh, NC

Hi Sunshine1968, 

I am not sure if anyone is in this group anymore. I have been trying to get responses for a while and no one ever responds to me. I have been looking for a support group since I had my surgery in 2008, and I thought this one would be a great start, however I have had no response from anyone. It shows that this group has 256 members. But where are they! I am willing to give you any information that I have, but I had the gastric bypass. I have 78 pounds, and then stopped. Old habits! I am comtemplating getting back on track with the sleeve. Still up in the air.

Add me as a friend, and I will make sure that I do respond. I don't come here often, but when I do I spend a few hours catching up.

Ms.SixTwoTee2u