The WLS Weigh, Raleigh NC WLS Support Group

Recent Posts

Zeraphine00
on 8/19/19 7:19 am
Topic: Certificate

Hello Everybody,

I need to join an online support group meeting in order to qualify for surgery. I need to do it on this website. Does anybody know how?

Thank you,

Jessica

grey
on 12/29/15 6:18 pm - dalton, GA
Topic: chat times

hi group, i am in the process of getting a surgery date. I hope to have the Rny before February. I am scared and excited looking for help and to give help through this journey.

Grey

Jordan B.
on 6/9/14 3:18 am
Topic: RE: Is this group actively meeting up?

Hi all! Same here- I am 6 days post op

HW 345 (01.2014)  SW 324 M1: 21 lbs m2: 14 lbs m3: 10 lbs m4: 15 lbs

chinadoll12
on 4/17/14 6:26 am
Topic: NEW TO THE GROUP

Hi I'm 4 yrs out w/the band. My hair is as soft of a birds feather!! What can this be even the Endo has no answers neither does the dermo. I'm seeing a new Dr. in Raleigh on my B-day 4/29 hopefully he can give me the answers I'm seeking.

MarcyisMyName
on 2/23/14 4:21 am
Topic: RE: Is this group actively meeting up?

I hope so! I just joined but would love an active local group to converse with.

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/14 5:35 am
Topic: Is this group actively meeting up?

Noticed most the posts are years old. Is this group still meeting up?

Thanks!

mjd2013
on 9/6/13 12:19 am
Topic: Letter Help

Hi all,

I'm new here. I am almost at the end of my 3 month medical managed weight loss requirement and have surgery scheduled for Sept. 30th. I received a call from the coordinator yesterday and have some concerns that they are not going to approve my surgery because I am facing some major stressors in my life right now. Be that as it may, I do not believe those issues should impact my ability to move forward with my own life. I have four support people and my PCP writing letters on my behalf. I would also like to write a letter on my own behalf in an effort to show that I am ready for this.

If anybody is up to talking me through this and helping me draft my letter, I'd appreciate it. Please feel free to send me a message.

Thank you,

MJ

sixtwotee
on 8/16/13 9:29 pm - Raleigh, NC
Topic: RE: Recommendation for duodenal switch and/or sleeve surgeon

Hi Sunshine1968, 

I am not sure if anyone is in this group anymore. I have been trying to get responses for a while and no one ever responds to me. I have been looking for a support group since I had my surgery in 2008, and I thought this one would be a great start, however I have had no response from anyone. It shows that this group has 256 members. But where are they! I am willing to give you any information that I have, but I had the gastric bypass. I have 78 pounds, and then stopped. Old habits! I am comtemplating getting back on track with the sleeve. Still up in the air.

Add me as a friend, and I will make sure that I do respond. I don't come here often, but when I do I spend a few hours catching up.

Ms.SixTwoTee2u  
sunshine1968
on 7/19/13 2:24 am
Topic: Recommendation for duodenal switch and/or sleeve surgeon

Hi all,

I am contemplating getting either the sleeve or duodenal switch surgery and I really need the name of an excellent surgeon in both areas. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I lived in the Durham area but will travel if the surgeon is excellent. I would love to hear your experience with your surgeons before, during and after surgery/follow up. 

I would also love some input on your experiences with either surgery. I am over 150lbs overweight and I have had some folks tell me I can lose that weight with the sleeve and others tell me that I would be better off with the duodenal switch. I would love to hear your experiences and he pros, cons and complications with both.   

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. I have been contemplating this surgery for 10 years and am trying to muster up the courage to do it.

Thanks!

sutherngrl94
on 1/31/12 1:49 am - Raleigh, NC
Topic: Events
I'd like to begin attend support groups but don't know where they are held.  Can someone help me find one please?