VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Having trouble W/ f...

Having trouble W/ fluid intake!!

jimbovsg
on 11/28/10 4:00 pm
Hey all  When the weather gets cold  (i know, I know, I'm a wimp Diane!!)  I seem to not drink enough?  I normally get in close to a gallon a day!   Do you experience this too?  I'm switching to hot green tea! ( mommy just gave me some fresh from Japan!)

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

diane S.
on 11/28/10 4:23 pm
Hey Jimbo, I am a wimp too. Usually drin****d tea all the time but it loses some appeal in the winter. Just got an assortment of hot teas. Took one to lapsf support group tonight. Good thing - it was freezing in that room. I end almost every evening with a cup of hot skim milk or protein coco. Getting to be a real old lady in that way. Helps me take the big calcium and fish oil pills i need. Fresh green tea from Japan sounds great! Full of anti-oxidants I guess.  Also had soup twice today so i guess thats some fluid. made out of  the turkey leftovers. d

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

frisco
on 11/28/10 4:38 pm
Hey Jimbo,

When I'm in Japan (and it's warm) I drink a lot of cold green tea. When I'm here I only have it cold every once in a while.

I spent some time in London this year...... Got hooked on English Tea (sipping on one now)

Waiting till middle of December for a friend of mine to bring me my favorite back from England. 

I've been trying a few brands here.....So far my "go to" everyday "Budweiser"  brand is from Safeway.

Tetley brand.....Dark English Tea..... comes in round tea bags with no string crap.....

The beauty is that you Microwave/boil the tea bag/s together in the water. (this may be really old news to some..I'm a tea newbie)

I add Splenda and a touch of milk and I'm all English !

This helps me keep up on liquids as it is harder to consume waters when it's cold!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

ThinLizzy
on 11/28/10 11:18 pm - Benicia, CA
Try TeaDog.com--that's where I buy my Barry's Irish tea...yum!
L.

Starting BMI-38.5, Surgery 08/14/07

laurak712
on 11/29/10 6:35 am - New Braunfels, TX
Yuuum, tea!!!  I love me some chai and some English with milk too.  I'm gonna go make some right now!!

Laura

Height 5' 7

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/10 8:19 am
VSG on 05/04/09 with
I really like Sugar Cookie tea from Celestial Seasonings, and Bigelow makes a yummy Apple Cider tea that really tastes apple cidery!
mini_me_ now
on 11/30/10 12:41 pm
well i dont mind tea, but after taking the milk out on one of my many "diets" could never put it back, it tasted rancid so that was the end of my milk and 2 sugar lol then  came the diet with no sugar LOL so i still drink my tea black... or green if im having green tea...

but frisco no microwave for me water has to be boiled in a electric (jug)  (or) tea kettle?? im not sure what you call them here lol..  microwave changes the taste..
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 

MacMadame
on 12/1/10 1:35 am - Northern, CA
I base my drinking around the color of my pee. I don't need to drink as much in winter to keep it the right color... so I don't!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights