VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » There is life after...

There is life after vsg

diane S.
on 12/11/10 5:24 am
So we just got back from a couple of days in San Francisco. Now this is not the first trip I have taken since my weight loss, but it just reminded me how totally possible it is to have reasonably normal food experiences and how much easier it is to have other life experiences after ditching that extra 118 lbs. Hubby had a couple of days off and i needed to see my hand surgeon for some cortisone shots so we planned a fun trip. Went to the SF classic Beach Blanket Babylon, ate really good thai food (kept my portions small and leaned toward protein - restriction still won't let me blow it) and did the new Science Academy and visited my husband's dream place - an Apple computer store. It was good to be able to find appropriate and pleasant food choices. Driving back was a stop at Carl's JR. where i get a plain hamburger and skip the bun. Sure was easier to walk up and down those SF hills without all my former baggage. Stuff like this reminds me how so worth doing this surgery has been. diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

ThinLizzy
on 12/11/10 6:26 am - Benicia, CA
That's great! Isn't the Science Academy fun? The rain forest and all the butterflies? So cool!

Starting BMI-38.5, Surgery 08/14/07

sassyscorpio
on 12/11/10 9:11 am
I am glad you had a good time and were able to make good food choices. I wi**** were that easy for me. I have another party to go to tonight. I just ate a steak in hopes that i will be so full,the treats won't look appealing.

I need to dig down deep and find some willpower! The sleeve can't do all the work and I know that.

band 12-29-06     revision  to sleeve  Alberto Aceves  4-29-09

I love my sleeve!!

Lost 107 lbs and maintaining

Posted Image

diane S.
on 12/11/10 2:41 pm
well, having some steak is a good start. nothing fills you up like steak or chicken. I guess i am still in the stage where my restriction is pretty powerful and i am thankful for it. but i know that may well change and i gotta be prepared for it. enjoy the event and i bet you get through it fine. D

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 12/12/10 4:23 am
SassyScorpio - are you currently eating low carb? because if I wanted holiday treats and what I gave myself was steak - I would not be satisfied.

I wonder if you ever eat fruit or cereal? some of my go-to things when I want sweet.

just kind of thinking out loud - I don't think much of the willpower plan, it never worked for me.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

moparmemaw
on 12/11/10 11:03 pm - IA

One of the best perks of this surgery is being able to enjoy life like a normal person!  Happy for you to have this opportunity!

Wanda
Some people might not support my WLS decision. 
Those people remind me of slinkys. Not good for much but it would would bring a smile to my face if someone pushed them down the stairs.

Ticker includes Pre-op weight loss 24 lb. 

mini_me_ now
on 12/12/10 7:12 am
personally i think the getting out and enjoying life and the fact we can move without pain and struggle is like a dream come true... i know for me before surgery i struggled just to walk around a mall for an hour let alone go walking up and down hills in SF..  I had so much lower back pain, hip pain, knee pain all gone now...
to be able to go out and live without fear of everyone staring at the "fat person eat" i definatly love life after the sleeve i have gone from a stay at home person to one that cant wait to get out the door to go do something.

I love my sleeve.
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight

diane S.
on 12/12/10 10:20 am
you are right - that is the true value of this sleeve. and i know what you mean about going to the mall and being in pain after 15 minutes and not being able to do more than a couple of stores or errands in a day. all my back and hip  pain is pretty much gone and i feel so good. its such a gift to not be fat anymore. i am gonna fight like a tiger to keep things this way. D.