VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » One Year Appointmen...

One Year Appointment w/Dr. C

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 12/12/10 4:13 am
congratulations on your sucess!

I was self pay for surgery and now for labs (as I am for all health care) and I am thrilled at the new trend of labs where you can choose what you want done instead of going to a PCP for your only option.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

moparmemaw
on 12/12/10 5:30 am - IA

Frisco - our new poster child!  Way cool doctor visit.  But I'm curious about the lab issue.  My insurance didn't pay for my surgery, but has paid for my labs all along.  I get them done through my local hospital ( the order is from the VSG surgeon because he wants more than the basics).  Just wondering why insurance wouldn't pay for yours?

Wanda
Some people might not support my WLS decision. 
Those people remind me of slinkys. Not good for much but it would would bring a smile to my face if someone pushed them down the stairs.

Ticker includes Pre-op weight loss 24 lb. 

frisco
on 12/12/10 6:36 am
Hi Wanda,

I'm self employed........

And for years.....like the last 20 years.... have only carried hospital/surgical insurance. Which means I am self pay for anything besides major hospital/surgical care. Bummer is paying for labs and meds!

I think I'm ahead of the game a little bit.......but who knows!

And poster child...... not by a long shot !!!!! Many here have done far better than myself. I'm just happy I met my surgeons expectations so far.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

mini_me_ now
on 12/12/10 7:03 am
woot woot frisco, you must be so thrilled to get where you are, and to have your doctor be so pleased with your results... you have done a fantastic job with your sleeve congrats.
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/10 8:15 am
Great to hear Frisco.  You are the poster child for VSG, you have done an amazing job getting to your goal.  Dr. C told me the say thing when I asked about maintenance, but honestly doing the same thing just meant that I kept losing.  I did not think I needed to lose any more so I added more calories.  Now, I pretty much eat whatever I want and weigh myself every day.  If the scale goes up two or more pounds, I scale back on carbs for a day or two.  So far it is working pretty well.  If I got out of control, I would go back to all the original rules.  It seems to be pretty easy.  (At least so far)  I also stopped going to see Dr. C for individual appointments.  I don't seem to have anything more I need from him right now.  I do see him at support group and ask any questions I might have there.  He hasn't brought it up when he sees me.  I guess that as long as the weight is holding, there just isn't that much to say.  My labs were fine and he told me to do them again next year.  See you in January at the next support group.
frisco
on 12/12/10 10:26 am
frisco
on 12/12/10 10:31 am

Hi Elina.....

Thanks for your comments...... Although I am no poster child for VSG..... many here including yourself have done way better than myself..... I'm just a guy who ran out of choices and had to play my last card. If this doesn't work..... I'm screwed !!!!

By the way.... I asked Dr. C about the San Jose Dec. meeting on Wed. as it was still on the LapSF schedule. He had mentioned at the last meeting that Dec. may not happen.
He said the San Jose meeting this Wed. is on...... just wanted to let you know cause I think I was the one that told you it may be off. 

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

MacMadame
on 12/12/10 11:20 am - Northern, CA
Are we still supposed to bring a pet?

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

jimbovsg
on 12/13/10 6:56 am
On December 12, 2010 at 7:20 PM Pacific Time, MacMadame wrote:
Are we still supposed to bring a pet?
    A PET??   Are we havin' a BBQ or somethin'??  My cat is pretty tiny,  but she'll feed several VSGers!   Are they high in protein...... I wonder? 

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

MacMadame
on 12/13/10 7:46 am - Northern, CA
Cats are definitely high in protein.

My *****hilla, on the other hand, doesn't have a lot of meat on her but she'd make a nice ear muff.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights