VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Xpost.. feeling goo...

Xpost.. feeling good about my new dress

Still Fawn
on 1/30/11 7:43 am, edited 1/30/11 9:04 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
I put this on the VSG forum, and then realized that I should have posted here, lol.. I am maintaining easily about 27 months out and still waiting for the hard part to start.. I am sure that I *could* be thinner, but I am happy where I am for the most part and the last 10lbs of my weight (much like my dear Mandy) came from my boobs and butt, so why tempt fate any more.. lmao.. Anyway, my xpost:

Today is my hubby's bday and he asked me to wear a certain type of outfit for him... and I obliged.  Got this at the thrift store a bit ago for the occasion- for $2.. saw it on the mannequin and thought it would never fit.. Even said to my friend how cute it was but it was too small for me. It is a Charlotte Russe size S... but  she INSISTED that I buy it, and lo and behold... it fits like a glove.. and my hubby was VERY pleased.. and I feel good in it too..

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

diane S.
on 1/30/11 8:19 am
Absolutely awesome look! glad you shared it. Bet your hubby is glad too. Tell us your secrets of maintaining. YOu have done a great job. diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Still Fawn
on 1/30/11 9:06 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
I know I am too old for the look, but too bad for today, lmao... I wish I had secrets. I just eat what I want. Same thing since I had surgery (my surgeon was one of the wonky ones who said eat normally, don't have to cut anything out etc)... My weight loss pretty much stopped on its own as I got further out, and has stayed that way on its own too... waiting for the other shoe to drop I guess..

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

Lee ~
on 1/30/11 9:45 am - CA
I think you look adorable in that dress.  Who the heck cares what's age appropriate when we were denied the cutest stuff for so long.  You're definitely rocking that dress!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Still Fawn
on 1/30/11 9:53 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
Thank you! I like the way you think, lol...

Lee ~
on 1/30/11 11:18 am - CA
Heck, at 60, I have to say the heck to what's appropriate or I'd miss out on so much fun.  :)

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Boscogirl
on 1/30/11 10:06 am - TX
I LOVE it Fawn!!  You are so beautiful!
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
Still Fawn
on 1/30/11 11:23 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
Thanks! I love, love your avi btw!

mini_me_ now
on 1/30/11 3:41 pm
you look fabulous, who says its too young for you?? age is only a number lol how old we feel well that is entirely different... i say dress for what makes you feel good and look good and that outfit is a winner for you... anyone who dared to comment its "too young" would be only speaking through jealousy of not being able to carry it off.
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

sam1am
on 1/31/11 12:48 am
You look great and I don't think its too young for you at all!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One