VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Well now I have bee...

Well now I have been blocked.. lovely...

sublimate
on 2/2/11 3:25 am - San Jose, CA

I tried to respond to someone on here recently sharing my thoughts and she blocked me!  I wasn't intending to hurt her at all with my words, but I guess I inadvertently hit a nerve.

But rather than write to me and let me try to clarify or apologize, she simply blocked me and I am hurt that she did that  when she has been on my "friends" list for months.  Perhaps someone would be willing to pass a message on to her that she might reconsider her deleting me from her life and allow me to apologize that I didn't "get her".

We can't always understand what someone goes through but I definitely try to empathize as much as possible.  If I fail to do that I am willing to apologize when my intentions don't hit their mark.. when people allow me to do so.

If anyone is willing to pass a message on for me please let me know.  Additionally, I'm wondering what everyone thinks about avoiding blocking people unless you have at least given them a chance to atone for what ever offense you might have received.  

I have not blocked anyone on OH yet and would only do so as a last resort because I don't want to miss posts.  Now I can't see any of this person's posts. :(

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

Jen C.
on 2/2/11 3:39 am
 I'm happy to pass along a message, it may have just been a mistake!

Height: 5'7"     Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!!  
                          http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

abejita
on 2/2/11 3:42 am - dallas, TX
I never thought that I would get blocked, but I did too a couple months ago. I think that sometimes people are not ready to hear the truth. The girl who blocked me went on and on about how she absolutely only ate 500 calories for the past bazillion years and she kept gaining weight. I think that she was about 350lb. She was considering vsg and wanted to know if it would work. I told her how first off, I 'knew' that I wasn't overeating before surgery and I gained weight. I told her that looking back, I was obviously over eating because as soon as I COULDN'T over eat because of my surgery, I started dropping weight. I also suggested that she start logging every bite of food. I then told her if she truely was eating less than 500 calories and gaining this surgery would not work for her and she should look into a surgery with malabsorption.

She proceeded to say how evil and unsupporting I was and then blocked me.

I was upset for awhile, and then realized that was her issue and her problem. I knew that I always try to speak the truth (as I know it) and not attack or demean anyone.

P.S. If you just log out of your account, you can read all the posts.

I'm 5'4"      SW 220 / CW 130 / GW 115
sublimate
on 2/2/11 3:50 am - San Jose, CA
Thank you Abejita for your response. Yea I logged out and I was able to see her messages. I can't really say it's her issue in this particular case as I don't think my communication to her was as effective as I would have liked it to be.

I would like to apologize to her because the last thing I wanted to do was offend this lovely lady and I just feel bad that she felt the need to block me. I wish she had given me a chance to clear things up.

I think there is enough hurt in the world without going out intentionally hurting others. So if I ever offend anyone here please let me know because you can pretty much assume it wasn't intentional on my part.. I will definitely try to resolve things. Sometimes you just don't know how people are going to take things, you know?

3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

abejita
on 2/2/11 3:59 am - dallas, TX
I guess I am just trying to say, don't let it ruin your day. It is very comendable that you want to clear up any kind of misunderstanding...but don't let the episode upset you ;-)

I'm 5'4"      SW 220 / CW 130 / GW 115
sublimate
on 2/2/11 4:02 am, edited 2/2/11 4:02 am - San Jose, CA
Gotcha... that's always easier said than done isn't it? Gotta work on that one. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/11 4:15 am
I am here to tell you that I KNOW you mean well when you post and I am sorry your feelings were hurt.  It is hard to deal with the Internet sometimes.  When things like this happen I find it helpful to hear from those who know us real life.  You are an important voice both on this site and in real life and I often turn to you for usable information on nutrition.  I hope that the support you receive from others will sustain you and keep you from feeling totally misunderstood. 
sublimate
on 2/2/11 4:17 am - San Jose, CA
Thanks Elina.. in reading back over my post to her I saw how my response could have been worded a little bit better and so I do feel a responsibility to try and clean it up. Hopefully she will forgive me. Thank you for your support and I look forward to seeing you soon!

Mimi N. Y.
on 2/2/11 4:45 am - New York, NY

Honestly, no one has to give you reasons/chances for blocking or unblocking. This is a public board and for whatever reason someone may not care for us, our advice, writing style, avatar, etc...

Oh well. Put your big girls panties and deal with it. There are plenty of other people who will enjoy reading whatever you write. It's ok not to be liked.
sublimate
on 2/2/11 6:52 am - San Jose, CA
Yep, I understand not everyone will like me. :)  I guess from my perspective the big girl and considerate thing to do is admit when I screwed up.  In this case I do feel I have to admit that and try to fix it.  Sorry for taking so much space with this guys.