VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Plastic surgery for...

Plastic surgery for the face

diane S.
on 2/9/11 8:30 am
Ok, so i am at the stage where i should be thinking about plastics if I am ever going to do any. At age 59 it seems sort of pointless. Will never have the bathing suit body again and come to think of it, never did.  Plus on the body side, I would need quite a few things done such as inner thighs, lower body lift with tummy tuck, arms, and probably other stuff i don't even know about. So right now I am kind of thinking no on all that though would love to hear the experiences of others.

But the thing I am thinking more about is some procedure for my face. I have some wrinkles i didn't have when the fat pooched my face out plus there are deeper creases on the sides of my mouth. I know there are all kinds of partial face lifts, mini lifts, skin sanding to get rid of fine lines and other things short of a full blown old fashioned major face lift. Has any one had a face procedure and are you happy with it? As an older person, some face work would be useful regardless of whether I had lost the weight or not but the weight loss sure shows those fine lines i don't like. Greasing them like mad but that ain't gonna cut it. Comments please?     wrinkly diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

sassyscorpio
on 2/9/11 2:17 pm
Oh Diane, you are saying the same thing I am thinking.

I am going to go to MX. My friend moved there and she is a nurse. I can recover at her her house.
We were just talking about it tonight. She is going to find out prices for me. I hate the way my face looks! I was lucky with the skin everywhere else not being too bad but I hate those wrinkles!

I just sold my parents' house so I will have some money to work with. I am just afraid of pain!

band 12-29-06     revision  to sleeve  Alberto Aceves  4-29-09

I love my sleeve!!

Lost 107 lbs and maintaining

Posted Image

diane S.
on 2/10/11 2:21 am
me too afraid of pain. had so little with the vsg that i am not willing to put up with much. let me know what you do in mexico. its a hike for me to get there so i probably won't do that. i may get a consult with one of the local plastic surgeons in our small town as there are a few, just to see what the options are and what they recommend. but i really don't want a big deal procedure and don't know if one of those lifestyle lifts or some mini thing will do much good. oh well. will be awhile before i can do anything anyway.   glad you have some money to work with and a contact in mexico. keep me posted. diane

bajahahamama
on 2/10/11 12:05 pm, edited 2/10/11 12:08 pm - CA

I am in the same boat... at 55 my face really showed the effects of the weight loss.  I actually put some pounds back on and it helped fill my face and my turkeyneck is not as noticible.  Many friends say I look better with the extra padding!  I too am afraid of the pain and recovery time.  I figure I need the Face/Neck lift a TT and a Upper Body lift (hate that extra skin on my sides at the bra line.  I am lucky in that my arms thighs are pretty good.  My husband thinks I am fine, my skin doesn't bother him, it is only me.  I  and am ok with it now, but am keeping my mind open.   I would do the face first, if it hurt to much I'd probably not do the TT and BL.  I just started having some skin issues and am going to document when I see the doc next week,   who knows I might get part of it covered!

Edited to add.  I've talked with my Esthestician, she said the life lift was not a good choice, that it didn't last.  I will go under the knife if I do it.  I know what surgeon I'd like, she is spendee, but heard she did really good work, of course the face is not covered by insurance.

Good luck in your research!    Ter

momto3girlz
on 2/11/11 11:12 pm
I am only 42 and have a terrible turkey neck. I always tell people the best part of being overweight is that it kept me looking so young. Now, not so much. I actually have a consult with a plastic surgeon in two weeks who specializes in the face. I have already seen two plastic surgeons in the past two weeks for a tummy tuck and didn't ask about my face. I will post what the face guy says. I am hoping maybe there is something I can do to tighten without having surgery. Wishful thinking?
Funny, I just so the infomercial on the lifestyle lift. I was mesmerized!
208/129/138
Starting weight/current weight/ultimate (would be shocked to get to!) goal weight
Jennifer

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/11 8:18 am
VSG on 06/08/09 with
 I had a full face lift (including neck) - cost me about $12K.  Very happy I had it done.  The only thing I didn't have done was my eye lids.  I am 61 and look 40.  I am ecstatically happy with the results.  It's the first time since I was in my 30's that I look damn good!
diane S.
on 2/12/11 9:56 am
thanks for the info. good to know. don't know if i will ever do it but worth checking into. sure hate the wrinks!  diane

laurak712
on 2/13/11 6:25 am - New Braunfels, TX
How painful was your face lift?  I just had a lower body lift combined with a breast lift 4 1/2 months ago and it was NOT that painful...just uncomfortable.  I am 47 and probably could use at the very least, a neck lift.

Laura

Height 5' 7

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/11 7:59 am
VSG on 06/08/09 with
 I would say not really painful but uncomfortable.  The worst was wearing this band under the chin and up over the head night and day for days on end.  I was SO  glad when I could ditch that thing.  It was very tight and you were supposed to sleep in it.  I would invariably wake up and find it on the floor.