VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » great eating out ex...

great eating out experience

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/11 7:56 am
My husband told me to get ready and get the kids ready because he wanted to surprise me with a new place to have lunch this afternoon.  He took us to a Shabu Shabu Japanese restaurant for lunch.  I am in love, with the restaurant and with the husband.  :)   It was perfect for what I needed.  They brought out a bowl of water with seaweed and plates of veggies and thinly sliced beef.  You cook the veggies and beef in the broth with the veggies and they give you yummy sauces to use for dipping.  They even had a lean beef version.  This is as good as it gets for me.  I had my lunch and now the soup will be my dinner.  I love this place. 
moparmemaw
on 4/3/11 9:40 am - IA
It sounds yummy.  I've never had Japanese food.  There's probably a restaurant in Des Moines, but we usually go for seafood or Chinese when we're there.  I would like to try Japanese food sometime. 
Wanda
Some people might not support my WLS decision. 
Those people remind me of slinkys. Not good for much but it would would bring a smile to my face if someone pushed them down the stairs.

Ticker includes Pre-op weight loss 24 lb. 

Donna09
on 4/3/11 10:43 am - CA
I had Shabu Shabu and Sukiaki in Japan...it was sooooo good.  We even named our cats Shabu and Suki after the best food that we had eaten...This was almost 20 years ago though.  They also had something with an egg.  I think the meat was dipped in the raw egg...but I can't remember.

Glad you had a great experience.
jimbovsg
on 4/3/11 12:54 pm
What shabu shabu place?  Sukiyaki is what I was telling you guys about the other day.....we should make it some time!  Some people eat sukiyaki W raw egg.

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/11 1:24 pm
It was on Castro St. in Mountain View.  It was really great and so healthy, even my kids loved it.  It was surprisingly inexpensive for lunch.  Something like $10 per person.  Yum.
Kelby F.
on 4/3/11 1:47 pm - Minot, ND
 That's sounds yummy... That the bad thing about living in ND.. there's ZERO variety in options for going out eat.. maybe that's why I hate it soo much!!! Everything is like Applebees, fast food or an italian place which I avoid like the plague!!!! 

I did for the first time experience Sashimi last weekend when a friend and I went out of town.. I had peppered tuna and it was AMAZING!! Too bad I have drive 3.5 hrs to have it again!!! 

~Kelby~       HW: 356 SW: 330 CW:231 GW: 175 I'm 5'6"

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/11 2:21 pm
I am sorry!  That would drive me crazy.  I can totally understand why you would not want to go out.  I have been really having fun experimenting with restaurant food in moderation.  California has a good deal of healthy fare if you want to find it.  My husband is also looking for places we could enjoy together.  He knows I like healthy protein options and preferably small, tapas style dining.  We have had a few fun outings this way.  I am finding I really like Japanese and authentic Spanish cooking as they often have the small plates that are so much fun. 
Kelby F.
on 4/3/11 9:35 pm - Minot, ND
Don't they say "California has everything"? Lucky people! lol

Oh by the way... did you get bored and rub that crystal ball of yours???  

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 12:46 am
Oh  Kelby, I am rubbing that thing every day!  Are the pounds starting to move?  I knew they would.  I never lost in a straight line, always steps.  It was hard to get used too, but eventually I learned to expect it and not freak out at every stall.  It's hard to do at first, but than you learn to trust your body and the process. 
Kelby F.
on 4/4/11 1:05 am - Minot, ND
They are.. lost 4lbs since I made that post about not loosing!!!  I tell myself I won't freak out or get frustrated when things like that happen... MUCH easier said than done!!

Thanks again for all your support!!!!  You rock!