VSG Maintenance Group

Mirena

abejita
on 4/5/11 6:28 am - dallas, TX
Does anyone have any experience with the IUD Mirena? Specifically trouble with weight gain or inability to lose weight with mirena?

any other insights would be appriciated!

mary

I'm 5'4"      SW 220 / CW 130 / GW 115
KMDominguez
on 4/5/11 6:44 am
I have seen this question posted before, and the general consensus seemed to be no big issues.

I had mine inserted about 3 month postop, and it didn't seem to affect my weight loss at all. Made goal by 7 months, lost a little more and have been maintaining ok for a few months.  
Katie       Photobucket

abejita
on 4/5/11 8:13 am - dallas, TX
Thank you for this! I did a ton of research and came to the same conclusion. Then I talk to my dr about getting it and I am scheduled to have it placed tomorrow and of course, now I find all these horror stories online.

I've never had any problems with any type of bc that I've used and I hope that holds true with the mirena.

BTW, congratulations on making it to goal so quickly!

mary

Margo N.
on 4/5/11 10:49 am
I love my Mirena and it has solved the problem I had been having with hellaciously heavy bleeding every month. Not sure if it coincidence, as I am within shouting distance of goal, but my weight loss has slowed WAY down since the Mirena was placed at the end of November. I am still losing a lot of inches right now, even though the scale is pretty much stuck, so I'm not all that concerned, but I do wonder if it is related to the Mirena.
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

abejita
on 4/5/11 11:29 am - dallas, TX
well, it took me a year to lose the last 15lb...I think the last few are just slow...

sassyscorpio
on 4/5/11 3:44 pm
My daughter and daugher in law both have it. My daughter in law had my grand daugter a year and a half ago and she had it put in as soon as they would let her. She has lost all her baby weight.

My daughter had the RNY 6 years ago and my grandson will be 3 . She hasn't lost all her baby weight but most of it. I think it's great that she has not gained a lot of weight back like everyone else I know who had RNY.
(Isn't it great that i can say that cause this is a VSG board)

band 12-29-06     revision  to sleeve  Alberto Aceves  4-29-09

I love my sleeve!!

Lost 107 lbs and maintaining

Posted Image

abejita
on 4/6/11 7:43 am - dallas, TX
Thanks everyone! I got my mirena put in today, so I guess we'll see! Didn't hurt anymore that my annual exam and the cramps have already gone away.

mary

MacMadame
on 4/6/11 8:32 am - Northern, CA
I had mine put in back in Oct and I haven't noticed any weight gain that I would attribute to that.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

abejita
on 4/6/11 9:49 am - dallas, TX
Does it bother you when you cycle long distances?

mary

MacMadame
on 4/7/11 1:14 am - Northern, CA
No. 

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights