VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Sunday, September 2...

Sunday, September 29, 2019

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/29/19 7:30 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Last day before the move. I have essentially everything packed and probably more pictures than I will need but I'm not sure exactly what I will want to use.

I am going with SIL's to look at a condo with a water view (for me to think about for the future), then a ranch that my SIL is very interested in. We have about 2 hours because BIL is leaving to help some co-worker. Weird that he prefers that over spending time with DH but I guess he can keep up his role with the outside world. I admit I was a little sharp with him this morning as I don't have patience with him today. He complained about DS eating the last 2 pieces of pizza in the refrigerator in the middle of the night. I reminded him that he used to do that all the time (in all his siblings and mothers refrigerators). He denied knowledge. Then he described someone on a TV show as the "fat blonde chick" and I told him that was inappropriate language. He said I was over sensitive and I reminded him that I used to be the "fat blonde chick".

At least the weather is beautiful again. I'll take DH and Justice for a walk this afternoon.

Have a sunny Sunday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

CC C.
on 9/29/19 10:39 am

Liz, your BIL sounds like someone who needs some sharp feedback in his life. Might as well be you who gets the pleasure of delivering it!

It's cold and rainy today. I'm making ham and bean soup. My dad and his wife are spending the day sailing the sailboat to it's winter home. They got it halfway there several days ago, but the weather has been bad and they haven't been able to get it the rest if the way. I'm sure they're freezing as it's in the high 40s/low 50s today, so the soup will likely be welcome. I'm inside with the heat on, the soup simmering and the dogs napping around me. Pretty nice day!

DiamondD
on 9/29/19 1:58 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Liz your brother in law is a piece of work and he's really ******g me off. If he does put himself in the role of heroic, caring brother at your husband's memory care facility, at least maybe he won't look to you to meet his infantile needs, he'll have the staff soothing his ego. And sheesh, who would complain about a nephew eating the last of the pizza. If it were my nephew, I would run out and get another pizza, put it in the fridge, so that he'd have something to eat if he got hungry again.

Cecily, sounds so nice and cozy where you are today. It's chilly and rainy here today also. I thought about soup, but not sure I have the ingredients. I do have what I need to make margarita pizza. Ingredients purchased on a sunnier, warmer day than this :)

Tomorrow is weirdly supposed to be 82, and then a cool front rolls in, dropping us into the 50s for at least a week. No frost warnings yet, but even so, my flowers are beginning to struggle, because the shorter days, and lower angle of the sun leave them light deprived.

CC C.
on 9/29/19 2:01 pm

Same here! 78 tomorrow then cold again. How it'll manage that, I'm not sure. I think you have our weather the day before we do.

diane S.
on 9/29/19 2:09 pm

Greetings Sunday Funsters

Not much fun going on here today. Its a sleepy rainy Sunday and I feel like going back to bed. Opting for laundry and straightening up. We have multiple throws for the living room and the dogs are always on them - hence need for frequent washing.

Liz, your BIL sounds like a real piece of work. Feel free to use him as a Damnit Doll!. One former "fat blonde chick" to another.

Speaking of fat, I did weigh myself today. Still at 159. I have not weighed in over a week and have been sort of eating intuitively. So far so good. I weighed myself because I needed to weigh dog Tesla. She had dental work done a week ago and DH is obsessed that she is not eating enough. He offers her food every 5 minutes including his junk food. Of course, she is eating just fine - I told him she does not like his cooking! LOL. She is happy to eat poached chicken, roast beef, scrambled eggs etc. DH decided she needed to eat some bread so he bought some. Of course she won't eat it Guess who does! Anyway, Tesla weighs 13 pounds which is exactly what she weighed the morning of the dental. So I am trying to convince DH that if she has not lost weight she is eating enough. What a concept!

Oooooh Cecily, ham and bean soup. Sounds lovely and comforting. Stay warm and dry. Fall is indeed here and in full swing.

Hmm I need to go out to get coffee but its raining and icky. Such a trauma. I feel like I live my life within an episode of Seinfeld.

Thats about it. So will Diane get coffee or bail on it? Tune in tomorrow for "Days of Our Unbusy Lives". Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Paula1965
on 9/29/19 5:49 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

Hey friends! Have not been here in forever but had some down time tonight and thought I would stop on in. How nice hear your chatter again! Read a few days worth of news. Liz, sounds like you made some important decisions regarding DH. Good for you! David, you were chattier then usual, nice to see. More pups in the future for Peps. And Diane contemplating whether going out to get coffee was worth it - unheard of! Cecily Ferg is so lucky to have you as his Mom. Ann, still doing a great job of tracking your foods and keeping your weight pretty steady. Mine is up, just over 150 and about 10 of the extra pounds seemed to come on rather quickly. I would like to blame menopause and fluctuating hormones but know my diet is far from good and activity could be a whole lot better too. Ocean, congrats on the nuptials! Bonnie, those babies of yours are just precious! Shel, I miss you. It is so hard to believe you are gone. Love to you all.

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

ocean4dlm
on 9/30/19 2:19 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Paula, you are a valued member of the tribe.. don't be a stranger !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!