on 10/1/19 3:22 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15
  1. Within Range: yes
  2. General Wellbeing: 9 on SS
  3. 10,000+ Steps: 6107
  4. Fitness: Tai Ji
  5. Self-Care: Tai Ji
  6. Fun: Tai Ji
  7. I learned/relearned: Slower is not necessarily easier !

Liz, eager to hear how your day went. Paula, good to hear from you ! Miss Bonnie, so glad you found your way back to us ! Ann, that belt buckle took you down ! Hope you didn't damage your tailbone. A doughnut pillow for the plane isn't a bad idea ! PEPS, may the force be with you in PA ! David.. keep up the good work. Hope you get the internet/cable resolved. Shirl..may you show jet lag who is boss ! Diane, you must be needing sleep of the thought of coffee doesn't levitate you out of bed ! DD, how is that classroom rearranging working out ?

Tai Ji went well. I am feeling the stretching today ! I knew my balance was week, but MAN ! I was reminded that even though the exercises/steps/moves look flowing and gentle, Tai Ji IS a martial art, and rooted in self defense. Everything is about center of gravity, protecting the body and the power of pivoting. DH is remaining open minded...

We haven't been down in the family room much lately, where the Abdoer, yoga stuff, and my Rei****nter are. We also have a bathroom and trundle bed adjacent, and my SIL is coming Thursday-Sunday to celebrate with us. Lots of dusting, vacuuming, sheet changing and bathroom supplying to do !! Great exercise !!

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

VSGAnn2014
on 10/1/19 4:13 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight 140.2

Boy, is it going to be warm here today -- high of 92. Later in the week, the highs are in the 70s. And on a different topic, I need to poop!

I enjoyed yesterday's eating intuitively experience. Going there again today.

This afternoon I see my chiropractor (who is the town's BEST anatomist; even my GP goes to him). This morning I'm skipping yoga to get my hair cut/colored. Progress is being made.

Today's plans are to start the actual packing. As much as I travel, you'd think I would have programmed all the anxiety out of this process, but nope. I cannot bear to leave all those extra shoes, scarves, and third pieces at home. I mean ... what if I were to run into Emmanuelle Alt while she's scanning the boulevards for la nouvelle femme d'un certain age to feature in Vogue France's mid-winter issue?

Liz ...

Shirl ... hope you're getting close to home by now.

DianeO ... tai ji sounds like something you've been needing.

Paula ... it's nice to hear your voice here again.

David ... your recovery progress is admirable.

Peps ... good luck to you and all the pups you love this weekend.

DianeS ... coffee is the #1 priority. Do what must be done to get it!

BonnieB ... I'm curious about how your surgery recovery is progressing.

DiamondD ... And you're right--I need a ****yl cut-out cushion, although sitting is not terribly uncomfortable right now.

Bonnie150 ... Damn, girl! Your childhood skating-butt-injury sounds like a farm machinery accident!

Cecily ... Never heard of "rub some dirt on it" family values, but I know exactly what that means. LOL! And yes, I think I've bone-bruised my ****yx, among other bits back there.

No matter what's going on, let's all have the best day we can. Enjoy your 24. :)

This morning, Greg Street and Nappy Roots give us "Good Day"

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

CC C.
on 10/1/19 6:04 am

Morning all! Yesterday went from cold to 80 and steamy in a matter of hours. Today is warm, sticky, and rainy then we plunge into more rain and 50s for the foreseeable future. I love MI weather!

I will jump back on the treadmill today for day two of C25K. My dad's wife is going to do it with me. That should help us push each other. Now to keep myself from undoing my efforts with crap food is the hard part...

I saw a great movie yesterday (Maiden). It was a documentary on the first all-women crew in the Whitbread around the world sailing race from 1989/90. So exciting and inspiring. They had loads of footage from a camera on the boat and wove that in with interviews of the women now. You know it's a good movie when the audience breaks into applause at the end! Here's the trailer.

Off for a cup of coffee and to think about putting on my jogging shoes. And today I go to another movie with my neighbor to see Brittany Runs a Marathon. We'll see if it inspires me to run.

Liz, thinking about you.

Shirley, you must still be in the air! Goodness that's a long flight. You certainly showed us how to do vacation well.

Ann, good luck with the packing. It's a huge source of anxiety for me too.

Peps, good luck to your sweet pups at the big show!

DianeO, balance work is so important for anyone and especially as we get older. It's an area that can get deceptively weak - you don't know you've lost it until you really need it.

DianeS - thank you for the veggie burger warning. What are your thoughts on all these fake meat (impossible, beyond meat, etc) burgers? I'd rather eat the real thing, myself.

Paula, so good to see you!

BonnieB, how are you doing? Surgery healing and losing your grandma is a lot to handle with two babies. Take care fo yourself.

MissBonnie, good to see you back and glad you're kicking the depression monster's rear. It's hard to recognize it from inside, which is why I think it's so hard to get rid of.

David, 1 month down! How is the PT going? Aside from burning my soup, I find the most annoying thing about the InstantPot is that stinky silicone ring. Even running it through the dishwasher doesn't help. I opened the dishwasher door and was assaulted by smelly onion coming from the ring. Yuck.

DD, good luck tracking down Zantac. Sounds like the Seinfeld episode for "the sponge" where Elaine runs around the city buying up all the contraceptive sponges she can find when they're discontinued.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/1/19 6:26 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It is very quiet here this morning. Feels odd.

Yesterday went smoothly. All the furniture and boxes were in DH's room by 11, I returned the van and went back to unpack and decorate and was done by 1:30. A quick change at home, then I picked up DH at daycare and took him to his new home in time to see the end of a music performance. We spent the next 90 minutes in his room with DH relaxing in the recliner and people stopping in to say hello and introduce themselves. He seemed to realize that it had his pictures and his stuff but it is hard to tell. I was able to get the Echo Dot connected so we had Irish music playing in his room. DS joined us for dinner and we left pretty smoothly afterwards while DH was watching the TV in the common area. The food was nutritious and a proper portion but not terribly good. DH liked it but DS was disappointed (the chef in him thought it should be better). Everyone was so nice and I think DH felt comfortable initially which bodes well for him adjusting. I just called and DH apparently had a really good night and morning and was walking around meeting more folks this morning prior to his first activity of the day. They suggested I skip going today so he can continue settling in, but I will call again later. Pictures of the room and DH below.

Shirl- What a trip you have had. You packed in so many wonderful activities. You sure know how to do it.

Ann- I am glad your butt is feeling better. Sounds like most of us have done something similar at some point but mostly when younger (mine was on a toboggan). It does take a long time to heal even if only bruised.

Cecily- I hope Ferg is still doing well!

Paula and Miss150- Great to hear from both of you.

Diane O- Tai Ji! That sounds like a great activity. I need to get restarted with yoga.

Diane S - Lucky you getting caught up on sleep. I do think it makes a huge difference in everything

Dave- it sounds like your recovery is proceeding well.

DD- I hope your hand therapy is helping.

Peps- I would say that extra money is absolutely worth another year. Four weeks until you know if Ella is pregnant? It sounds like you did everything to help it happen so I bet she is.

BB- I hope you are recovering well and happier with your TT revision.

Have a thoughtful Tuesday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

ocean4dlm
on 10/1/19 6:39 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

He looks so happy. Your love radiates from the decor !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/1/19 6:45 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It helped me to make the room feel homey for him.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 10/1/19 6:39 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Oh, honey ... that's a very well done early transition for Paul. Please make today about YOUR early transition.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/1/19 6:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm going to lunch with my SILs and I have a couple of one night trips planned later this month to see old friends I haven't visited with for a long time. Can't wait to hear about your trip too!

Miss150
on 10/1/19 10:37 am

What a lovely, comforting-like room. Wonderful windows- Yay. Take gentle care of you.

Peps
on 10/1/19 2:14 pm

Paul's room is beautifully appointed. You did such a great job making it look homey and comfortable. He looks absolutely radiant in the photo.

I hope you are okay today. Part of my heart is happy for you and feeling celebratory and light. Another part wants to weep for everything this move represents. Like I said yesterday, I really can't imagine...

I am so impressed by your strength. Hugs!