on 10/6/19 3:57 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15
  1. Within Range: yes, just
  2. General Wellbeing: 8.5 on SS
  3. 10,000+ Steps: 5319
  4. Fitness: walking
  5. Self-Care:
  6. Fun: shopping with SIL

The best part of visit with SIL was a little girl shopping side trip yesterday. There is a seasonal sprawling collection of artisan / crafts/ clothing/ jewelry / produce / food shops in farm country, open Saturday and Sunday from 9-5 May through October. Some of the wares are around the perimeter of interconnected steel buildings with a series of garage doors the vendors back up to and unload. There are also scores of outdoor sheds you can visit walking along outside. One of the largest representations of artisans is the Amish Mennonite farmers and craftsmen. Unique wood pieces, tools/gadget, hand made linens and baked goods as well as sauces, spices and soup starters abound. It would take several consecutive weekends to cover all of the shops, and it takes a fair amount of skill to navigate and figure out your orientation in relation to the car. Everything is integrated together, so shops are not organized by function/section. Most women approach this type of environment very differently than men. Men seem confounded by the lack of logical layout. I see things, mull them over in my head, brainstorm possible uses, then when I see a shop like that again in the next building, I know if I want it and how exactly I would use it. Works for me. SIL went crazy over some Blue Hubbard squash she found, she had been looking for forever, for some roasted vegetable recipe.

Ann, great job arriving early ! Glad to hear the first class Gods were with you ! Cecily, safe travels for you as you fly west to organize for NZ. Shirl, I'm sure the family dinner went well ! So much better than pizza ! DD, hope you are feeling better. Peps ! What a red banner weekend for you !!! Your pups will be spoken for litters into the future !!! BB, love all of the pictures of you and the girls on FB ! You look wonderful, and they are sooo big ! Liz, I hope Paul continues to respond well to his transition. When is your first short trip ? Miss Bonnie, always eager to hear your voice. Diane, when does your pre-holiday season start at the galleries? David, eager for an update on your progress. Love you all !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

DiamondD
on 10/6/19 9:00 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Good morning! After several damp dreary days the sun is out today. I spent the day napping and reading. Today, I hope to get a few things done, but I'll make resting a priority because I have a long week ahead of me. Conferences before classes on Wednesday, until 8pm after classes. Repeat on Tuesday the following week. I already feel tired thinking about it. But enough of that, I'll tackle it when I get to it. This morning is beautiful, I'm sipping my chai tea, followed by Irish porridge and some quality time with the Sunday Paper.

LeapSecond
on 10/6/19 9:34 am - AR

Just checking in. You would think I could post every day because I do spend a fair amount of time sitting on ice packs. Not much going on. Eating is within normal. Weight has leveled off after surgery / pain decrease in appetite.

Pain level is getting better every day. Still not ready to entertain the idea of doing the other side.

Did get one of the mowers working so I was able to clean the place up a little. It is the newest mower. But is the smallest mower. I was going to sell it but it continues to run when the other one does not.

Adalyn has another chest cold. Always on the week end. Walk in clinic is 35 miles. One of these days she will make it a month without fever or cold symptoms. I knew she was going to be sick when she was hugging me and patting me as we rode the tractor. She is very stingy with affection.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/6/19 10:34 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Poor Adalyn getting sick again. I hope she outgrows her tendency to get sick soon. My DS seemed constantly sick from 6 months to about age 3 with ear infections and every other illness around. We got so concerned we consulted with an immunologist who said that some kids just have to build up their immune system that way and it usually gets better after age 3 which it did. But I do feel like DS learned how to be sick and miserable because he can still be incredibly whiny even with a minor cold.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

LeapSecond
on 10/6/19 12:39 pm - AR

We are all hopping she outgrows it soon. She will be 2 soon. In December. Her vocabulary is expanding some. She can say no, no no, no way. It is hard not to laugh. I tell her yes way and go on. She is a bright spot in my day even when she is cranky. She is cranky because she feels bad.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

ShirlAus
on 10/6/19 12:59 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Poor Adalyn :( Hope she shakes it fast

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/6/19 10:26 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am struggling with a slight cold. It has stayed at a low congestion level for a little more than 2 days now so hopefully it won't progress anymore. So I ate in last night and haven't done much today so far other than laundry and walking Justice on the beach. I used one of those leashes that can extend out by 15 feet and he was running all over the beach with joy and greeting other dogs.

Later I will go visit DH for a bit. He was perseverating over something yesterday which wasn't clear and I think it may have been an Irish sweater his mother knit because it somewhat fits what he could say and he has done the same with the hat previously. And he kept rummaging in his closet. So I'm bringing the sweater and hat and hopefully he will be in a different state today.

Have a satisfying Sunday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/6/19 10:30 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm going to my childhood hometown on 10/18, staying overnight then visiting another friend and my daughter a little further west the next day. On 10/30, I'm going to Portsmouth NH to visit friends for a couple of days. I will be going to Florida for 11/17-12/12. Not sure if the schedule in 2020 yet.

ShirlAus
on 10/6/19 12:58 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All - Hauled my butt out of bed this morning as Im back to work. No more sleeping till I wake. I am truely dreading going back to work to deal with the inevitable mess but the time has come. All good things must come to an end

Dinner last night was lovely. All our kids came with the exception of our daughters partner as he was still travelling home from a week away. My mum came too. The meal was super simple and delicious.They all loved their gifts. Had fun playing with our grandson - hes 2 this month and a real character.

Did a true weight this morning and pleased to say its down to 172.7 - I wish I had taken my measurements as I feel I have lost volume as well as weight. If only I could sustain the amount of walking with my knee long term without chewing painkillers.

Today will be work then I am going to get my nails soaked off. Back to reality and Im far too active and rough to have them when not on holidays. Broke 2 at the farm over the weekend - speaks volumes

Diane O - The shopping trip sounds lovely. I adore exploring places like that. Makes my heart sing

Liz- Sorry you have a cold. I think your body is telling you to rest. I can only imagine just how tired you are feeling after having to keep going and shoulder everything for such a long time. Rest my friend

DD- Enjoy your rest and heal fast - your week sounds hectice

Leap - You are doing well. My Orth surgeon said if I end up having a full knee that I wouldnt like him for the first few months and by the sounds of it - hes right on the money. My neighbour slipped off a ladder and her body went one way and her knee the other. Looking like major damage for her - she had an MRI yesterday and is awaiting the next apt to find out what they can do. Poor thing. I will do some cooking for them this week.

Hello to all that follow - I best stop avoiding starting work and just do it

Have a wonderful day all

S

CC C.
on 10/6/19 2:28 pm

We had a houseguest recently who had both her knees done. She said the advice she gives anyone in pain is to do it and get it over with. It's given her her life back. And my good friend I hike with had her hip done and she has climbed 10 local mountain peaks this year and hiked 15 miles yesterday with a lot of climbing. They are life changing!