VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » 10/09/19, Wednesda...

10/09/19, Wednesday

ocean4dlm
on 10/9/19 3:59 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15
  1. Within Range: one over
  2. General Wellbeing: 7.5 on SS
  3. 10,000+ Steps: 3087
  4. Fitness:
  5. Self-Care:
  6. Fun: visiting with my mother

I got a good report at my cardiologist. My blood pressure upon standing is stabilizing and the valve leakage is unchanged. My next recheck is in a year, rather than 6-8 months. My acid reflux, however, is out of control. I knew that the hiatal hernia repair with VSG had not held. The reflux was under control with Pantoprazole 2X daily for the past 4+ years, but recently I've been adding increasing Tums/Rolaids to deal with acid. I haven't seen a bariatric surgeon in two+ years, since I moved, and am inclined to see my gastro as I have no intention of revising to a RNY as a solution.

Peps and Diane, will you be impacted by the planned power outages due to high fire risk ? Man ! Diane, you'd better get those new undies while the registers still work ! Peps, good time NOT to have a litter of brand new babies ! BYW, you radiate joy and pleasure in the photos recently on FB. I concur, you are not the same person you previously were at the same weight. The comfort you are beginning to feel in your own skin shows ! Liz, you need a guilt jar. Every time you say the word guilty, $1. Every time you think about feeling guilty, $.50. That can be an additional source of funds for self care, because you deserve it !! David, glad Adalyn is feeling better. Can you believe how well manufacturers hide those serial numbers ?! Hope you can get parts ordered now. BB, your time as a SAHM will be fuller than your time in the office. I love your approach exploring new places with DDs. A child is never too young to experience curiosity and life long learning. It's just like reading to them in the womb... they soak up all sorts of wonderful things. Cecily, your screen door is perfection ! That red really pops !! Nice work !! Loved the FB postures of Indian summer. How long will you be in NZ ? DD, I hear you on perpetual giving and saying yes when you need to say no totally draining the tank. Have you done any work around setting and maintaining boundaries ? That is my surest way to keep my sanity ! Congrats on DS's job offers. Shirl, haircut and color is well deserved ! Jet setters need to keep it together. Your mention of catching up on emails resonated. You've inspired me to pick up bok choy today. Miss Bonnie, Swann sounds like a subliminal message that you need a fur baby !! I understand the ambivalence you feel about DS's long distance interviews. Two of my DD's final three options were out of the country...great opportunities for her...tough on mom. Ann, it sounds like you and France are a great pair !! It is a good thing you love your home so much, or I'm afraid we'd lose you !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/9/19 7:25 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am glad you heart is checking out well, but that gastric reflux is not good! Maybe your hiatal hernia can be repaired more permanently? I think Cecily had to have that done.

I'm waiting for the garage people to come and do a "tune-up" on my doors. They were installed almost five years ago and are making all sorts of strange noises. I have a two hour window so naturally they will come at the end... I had to miss yoga and am hoping for time to take a shower after they come but that may not work out depending on when they show. I hate waiting.

On the plus side, I did make some calls this morning to cancel some things I've been paying for and not using. I think the major one left is the cell phone plan for which I think I am paying about twice as much as I should.

I am meeting SIL for lunch with BIL (unless he cancels again last minute but he did call this morning and say he was coming). If he goes to see DH I may skip visiting today too (but definitely plan on going tomorrow regardless).

It is windy and rainy today and the next two days following so it will not be pleasant outdoors. I am glad I got Justice to the beach yesterday.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

CC C.
on 10/9/19 10:18 am

Inevitably I wait the full window only to find I was never on their list!

ShirlAus
on 10/9/19 1:54 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Hope they come at the beginning of the window for you and stay dry over the coming days

Lunch sounds lovely. Your BIL sounds like a flaky piece of work. Good luck

CC C.
on 10/9/19 10:35 am

I did have to have my hiatal hernia refixed about 10 months after my vsg when the repair from during my vsg didn't stick. It's been great until the last few weeks when I've had to take a PPI. I was thinking that my regain has something to do with it coming back. I hope I haven't wrecked my repair!

I'll be gone for a little over 2 weeks. Argh! Packing anxiety!

Today was oil change/tire rotation so I can put this car to bed for the winter and starting to get my stuff together to leave. And an exhausting conversation with the cable company to cancel the tv here which I rarely watch. Why do they make everything so hard??

ShirlAus
on 10/9/19 1:57 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Not long now - will come up fast

Peps
on 10/9/19 7:53 pm

Too bad Ceci will be so close, but still too far away!

diane S.
on 10/9/19 12:15 pm

Greetings from the third world

no power here. Made coffee on a camp stove on the deck

dh has a generator but no gas. Many gas stations closed. Some big box stores open.

we wii be fine with cans of chili on camp stove.

p g and e is going to hear about this!

more later when I can type.

diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

ocean4dlm
on 10/9/19 12:29 pm - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

I liked that you checked in, not that you are without power ! May the force be with you and tell DH a generator without gas, generates not !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

ShirlAus
on 10/9/19 1:53 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Enjoy your enforced camping adventure ! Thinking of you both and hope its back on soon