VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Saturday, October 1...

Saturday, October 12, 2019

DiamondD
on 10/12/19 7:54 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Good heavens, there is a dusting of snow on the ground. It will melt as we are going to be in the 50s next week. But jeeze Louise....

I just ordered my grocery delivery from Wal-Mart, the food will appear on my doorstep tomorrow. I am happy to pay the delivery fee to have someone schlep the cans of cat food, and kitty litter, and canned goods for me. I still want to pick out my own produce and meat, but it's a lot easier to run in after work to pick up a few items.

I have slept so much, surely I will defeat this cold. Today we are meeting friends in Minneapolis to see Chicago. I'm so excited! The reviews say they kept a lot of Bob Fosses choreography; I am a huge fan.

Tomorrow evening we have tickets to The Glass Menagerie. I've never seen this play, it seems people either love it or can't stand it. I'll find out tomorrow what side I'm on.

Next week we have another conference night, but then, thankfully, a short week. No school Thursday and Friday for Union Convention. I must admit, I've never actually gone to the conference. They always have some stellar keynote speakers and classes, but we always use it for a trip or staycation. This year it's staycation. A college roommate is getting married, so we're attending her wedding and a few of us are staying overnight in downtown Minneapolis.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, and if you're in the storms, stay warm.

Shirl, thinking of you so much.

Peps
on 10/12/19 10:02 am, edited 10/12/19 3:03 am

DD - seems we share a theater gene. I have a BA in Theatre Arts. Bob Fosse was an odd duck. Great dancer and choreography, but odd duck! Glass Menagerie... If you go prepared to be uncomfortable watching a truly dysfunctional family on stage, you might marvel in the brilliance of the play. There are only 3 characters, Amanda, the mother; Tom the son; and Laura, the daughter - plus Jim, "the gentleman caller" which is truly a very small part. I hope you do like it. If Laura and Tom are played well, it will be easier to enjoy the play. If not, it could be easy to dislike the play.

Weight was down a bit more today. I am reading a new book called Get Serious written by a neuro-surgeon. It is about preventing disease through lifestyle choices, etc... Will let you know what I think when I'm finished, but so far it's a "Don't blame your genetics. Get off your ass and make some changes toward better health because there are no magic pills" type of book. I tend to like those.

Busy day ahead. Just got an emergency text from Auntie Kathryn. Her new Mastiff has decided she doesn't want to get in the car and Auntie Kathryn can't life 163 pounds of doggy stubbornness into her Highlander! So, off I go to the rescue!

DiamondD
on 10/12/19 6:30 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

We are privileged to have the Guthrie theater here in Minneapolis, so as kids, we got to go on some awesome field trips to see really world class theater. But my life really changed when I saw my first touring Broadway musical (I was in Chicago to compete in the National Forensics Speech Tournament, how's that for nerd credentials). It was a Chorus Line. I can still remember all the joy and wonder, it was just magnificent. I've been a theater/fine arts devotee ever since. Luckily I married someone who loves theater too, although he did take a pass on ballet season tickets the years I did that. One of our considerations for relocating for retirement: what's the theater scene like?

diane S.
on 10/12/19 10:49 am

Greetings All

DD a dusting of snow! Sounds lovely but being a former midwesterner I know what that means. Glad you have some fun stuff planned. I like the Glass Menagerie but be prepared for some intense stuff. Its an interesting play to read. And Bob Fosses - yay. I vote for staycation. Conferences are a big yawn.

Peps to the rescue to lift the big dog. A benefit of being buff and strong. Maybe I will read your book as I need to get off my AZZ.

Gallery duty today but first I have to take bananas to the homeless. One woman has a cute little dog and I want to take her some biscuits. Getting to know some of these people is interesting and heartbreaking. When our power was out for the day and night I thought about how hard it would be to live like that all the time but without a safe home. Scary thought.

Pizza last night but its the thin crust chicken spinach artichoke so not too horrible. One slice is super filling.

Won't make it to the health club today again and its closed tomorrow. But it will happen next week. Wish I knew why I hate exercise but I have done so from childhood.

Ann I wish I could do your France journey. Want to know all about it. Our tour to Italy years ago worked out well even though we were on a bus to get around.

Another lovely day here on the coast. I am blessed. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CC C.
on 10/13/19 9:14 am

I don't love exercise "during" either (but seem to look back on it fondly). My mind always thinks of Newton's First Law, "A body at rest tends to stay at rest. A body in motion tends to stay in motion." I am a body at rest at heart!