VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Saturday, October 1...

Saturday, October 19, 2019

CC C.
on 10/19/19 8:13 am

Good morning and happy Saturday! I slept like a rock last night. Sleep is my favorite, as Buddy the Elf would put it. I have one cup of coffee in me and am headed for a protein shake and a beach walk with a friend. She will likely suggest stopping to eat at the Shake Shack (they make incredible cinnamon roll french toast, which eaten overlooking the water is perfection), but I am going to pass because I'm on a roll and as we know you have to hold onto a roll when you'e on one as long as you can.

I am down another 0.4 today which was a nice surprise as I ate a lot yesterday, but it was all healthy stuff. Lots of veggies and fruit, which I think helped "move things along". I made a grilled veggie salad yesterday and left off the dressing to add as I eat it hoping that it will last a few days in the fridge that way.

And later I still need to get these suitcases unpacked. Lord, I can procrastinate with the best of them! And I hate unpacking as much as I hate emptying the dishwasher, which is my #1 most hated household chore. Safe to say putting things away is not high on my list.

Shout out to Liz, BB, and Miss Bonnie: it's been a few days, hope all is well! And special hugs to Shirley.

Peps
on 10/19/19 9:24 am

Good morning!

Ceci - so glad you are on a roll! It feels good doesn't it? Yay you!

DD - If you have Showtime watch the brand new documentary on Judy Garland called Sid and Judy. It was released on Showtime yesterday and on the heels of Judy would be a fantastic "lesson" on the real Garland. If you don't have Showtime, they are offering a free online streaming trial. You could do that and watch it on a "device" or smart TV.

Up a pound. My eating was a **** show yesterday. Not going to even get into it, because I'm back in the saddle again. But my, oh my! My saving grace was that I did focus on protein all day long, which was a good thing!

I did a simple workout yesterday. Olympic squats with 135 pounds, Dead Lifts with the same weight, Booty Builders (a hip thrust machine) with 50 pounds and battle ropes for 1 minute. Simple but effective, I guess because I already have mildly sore quads!

Off to a dog show to show a Border Terrier pup in sweepstakes and pick up Dottie and bring her home! I am so happy to have my girl back at home. I'm betting her "brothers" will be equally happy. They are a great threesome. Though Ace and Lucky have gotten much closer since Dottie has been away. It's pretty cute how these two intact males play and romp and rough house. I am very proud of their great temperaments. So many people I know can't run their males together.

I still haven't tried the whey protein. LOL! I am packing a lunch and snacks to take to the dog show. I have promised myself no fair food today. It will only thwart my efforts to expose my underlying muscle structure. I think that's my goal even more than "losing weight". I want to see more of my hard work in the gym when I look in the mirror. That makes sense to me so I'm going with it. Whatever works.

Hasta la bye bye!

DiamondD
on 10/19/19 10:42 am, edited 10/19/19 3:42 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Cecily, what is the deal with unloading the dishwasher? I hate it too. More than loading the dishwasher, which doesn't make sense, because why wouldn't the preferred task be the one where I handle nice clean dishes, instead of dirty ones.

Peps your dogs' good temperament reflects your responsible and careful training and breeding. When I read your stories about the dogs, I must say, it makes me long for a new pet in the house, but now is just not the time. We're gone too much, and we would want another Labrador. Ours did great in the car and loved to go places with us, but not all places welcomed her, so we would need to make arrangements if we were going to be gone all day, or overnight.

Today is wedding day for our friends. One of the brides, my college roommate, was married to a man and had 4 children. They, and the 12 grandchildren will all be there to celebrate their Mom's new life and happiness. She knew the woman she's marrying in high school, and said, I never understood why she made me so damn nervous! After my friend divorced, her fiancee, who had been living in California, moved back, and they reconnected. Sounds like a truly, meant to be story. I've been blessed to find my love at 22, but many of my friends found their happiness in the second act. I love a happy ending!!!

CC C.
on 10/19/19 12:20 pm

I never thought about it, but you're right! Loading is better than unloading!

diane S.
on 10/19/19 12:25 pm

Cuz' loading gets messy crap out of sight. Unloading just makes for lots of stooping and wondering where to put all this stuff. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Miss150
on 10/19/19 4:13 pm

Howdy all! What a difference drugs make....I have not really been "myself" for some few weeks- Present in the real world about as much as I have been here- not very.

I woke up several days ago with half of my face massively swollen- off to the dr for what was diagnosed as massive sinus infection- steriod shot and pills along with antibiotics the size of horse pills. Call back the next day for progress check and labs- Swelling and pressure down, but I seemed to have facial weakness on the side of swelling. Checked out for stroke (right now, doesn't seem so), but diagnosed with Bell's Palsy, and sent home with these frighteningly massive antiviral meds, Bells P thought to be viral infection. Dr putting this together with labs and the fact that I had an infection that needed antibiotics a few months prior, figure I am immune compromised (probably Whipple). Totally explains the fatigue and brain funk I've been in. Well, those massive doses evidently kicked in and I woke up this morning feeling like an engaged human being.

So for the moment not begrudging the 18 pills I'm taking daily, hoping they are not destroying other important body parts in the meantime and that it is the immunity thing jacking with me and not anything in addition. My face is mostly back to normal and I only look a little ****eyed. For most, the BP totally resolves its self if treated quickly. Am back for further study and check later in the week- but, since I'm feeling better- energy, mood, functioning, I'm thinking infections and run of the mill bugs see me as an easy mark, attack, and I fold like a deck of cards. Not sure what the future plan of action is - if there is one. The parts of my spleen and fat absorption are jacked ...

Anyways, I am so very grateful for feeling better, and fingers crossed that tomorrow will be even better!

Haven't read any back posts yet, and hope all is well and good with everyone. Thinking of all with smiles and hugs. -b

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

CC C.
on 10/19/19 4:19 pm

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you're feeling better. That all sounds miserable.

DiamondD
on 10/19/19 8:40 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

So often when one is really, really not well, antibiotics still seem as miraculous as when they first came on the scene. One time when I was recovering from pneumonia, I kept telling my husband ~ antibiotics, the wind beneath my wings.

Glad you are getting better after being put through the wringer. We always miss your voice while you're recovering.

ocean4dlm
on 10/20/19 1:27 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Thanks for the update ! Makes sense, looking back on it ! Feel better !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!