VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Thursday, 11/14/201...

Thursday, 11/14/2019

Peps
on 11/14/19 9:15 am

Well, a rarity indeed, if I am the first to post!

Not much to say since last night, but let's see....

I had a very good workout on my own last night. I worked on back and did one light shoulder exercise. I am finding that the hormone/endorphin release from exercise is helping me at the end of the day. The exercise seems to lighten my mood and wash away the ick of the day.

Though I have talked about how I am not a fan of the JFDI mentality, I am beginning to see that in the case of my sugar "addiction" issues, I'm just going to have to JFDI. I can say this because I have done all the mental work around the sugar. It's now a matter of putting the work in motion to stop the ingestion of said substance. Damn it!

So, research tells me I should pick a day and get prepped and just do it. I can make all the necessary excuses to put off what needs to be done, but I simply have to stop making excuses, get my **** together and do it. Here I am dropping the F bomb. Because I really hate, hate, hate this part of it! F, F, F... The idea of doing this makes me want to stay in bed and curl up in a ball and hide from the world. Such a dramatic reaction for such a seemingly simple thing to manage. **** **** ****! I love that I can share my effed upness here with such abandon!

Must pick a day....

Well, if this doesn't a thoughtful Thursday make!

Peps
on 11/14/19 9:18 am

PS - Mama Ella is getting as big as a house. 9 to 10 days before the babies come.

LeapSecond
on 11/14/19 9:59 am - AR

I hope every one is a champion.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/14/19 11:15 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

So exciting!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

LeapSecond
on 11/14/19 9:58 am - AR

Well my mom is moving today. Out of a wonderful assisted living place. And to a very remote place with 2 of my brothers. They finished the tiny house last week. She is 88 and wants to leave money to her kids. She is a big girl and can make her own decisions.

I got on the elliptical a couple of days ago and guess I did too much. I thought I should do as much as I was doing in PT on the bike. Feeling better today. Got my walk in. Maybe I will try all my PT exercises except the elliptical.

Sugar. Man I have been craving today. More than my normal ever since knee surgery. Meats make me nauseous like when I was eating nothing but nuts and yogurt. Nothing else sounds good. Except soups. And baked goods

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/14/19 1:44 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Still coping with excess company... I do like my alone time.

I think we are just visiting DH for his birthday tomorrow as I think it would be too difficult for him if we take him out. I'm not sure he is happy, but he wasn't happy here either.

Three days until I leave for Florida. Though I am looking forward to it, a certain amount of guilt is kicking up in my mind.

Have a thriving Thursday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 11/14/19 2:13 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Send your guilt to me while you're in Florida enjoying your long-postponed independence. I'll take care of it for you. :)

xoxoxo

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

DiamondD
on 11/14/19 2:33 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I'm sure lots of conflicting emotions. Go, and leave your guilt as Ann says.

diane S.
on 11/14/19 1:50 pm

Greetings Friends

Sitting home this morning with my usual coffee. Dave sorry you can't have as much coffee. Its so comforting, but ya gotta take care of your belly!

Speaking of bellies, mine seems to be expanding. I am feeling old and flabby. Most forms of motion involve pain. So I hear you Dave and Shirley on not being fond of knee pain. Mine is not knees but overall legs and various. Time for a pool visit which is my pain free time.

Sugar Sugar Sugar Peps! Why is such a simple substance so addictive - and I do believe it is. I guess Overeaters Anonymous is the only sugar 12 step program but I don't think its very effective. I truly don't crave sugar like I used to but I want carbs and crackers which is just as bad. Curses.

A book was recommended to me "The AutoImmune Solution" by Amy Myers MD. Its a dietary approach to inflammatory diseases. I kind of think I have an issue since I hurt so much for no apparent reason. Can't hurt to eat better.

Diamond D, you spend all day in a school going from one crisis to another and wonder why you are drained? The real question is how to replenish energy without eating badly. Maybe get some of that protein hot coco which I recall was pretty good.

My brother got more test results on his chem and they are not good. He will have to switch to another drug. I can tell he is pretty bummed. Me too.

Well off to the bank and studio. Cheers all. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

DiamondD
on 11/14/19 2:50 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

So sorry to hear about your brother's treatment outcomes.