on 11/28/19 3:22 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15
  1. Within Range: yes
  2. General Wellbeing: 8.5
  3. 10,000+ Steps: 7124
  4. Fitness: walking
  5. Self-Care: choosing NO dessert pre-Thanksgiving
  6. Fun: picking up final items for family Thanksgiving in SYR this weekend

Liz, I hope your conversation with the doctor enabled them to regulate Paul more effectively. I am so sorry that you are faced with such difficult decisions as this disease makes DH and less like the person you once knew. With the increased agitation and physical outbursts, this is the safest place for him to be, for everyone concerned. So many more tragic things could happen if he wasn't contained and supervised 24/7.

May each of you enjoy your Thanksgiving with family, loved ones, and friends. I smile as I picture all of us at one table together. I know we all hold Shel, Reed, and their family in our hearts....especially today and throughout this season.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/28/19 4:29 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

The doctor is going to work with the nurse on adjusting meds and is going to check DH's blood to make sure nothing else is awry such as a UTI.

I know we are all thankful for knowing Shel and hope for her families peace during the holidays.

I made the apple pie using apples I am unfamiliar with as the apples we use in the Northeast are unavailable here. We are meeting our friend for dinner at a restaurant in Fort Myers, then will go to Fort Myers beach to hang out for a while and have dessert a bit later with our friends sand sculptor husband (he has to carve during the day).

I am thankful for all of you!!!!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

brownblonde
on 11/28/19 4:30 am

Liz-I am so so sorry you are going through all this. I wish I could tell you it gets easier. You are strong and brave

peps-sorry to hear Ron threw his back out. Oww!

Weight: 161.4. I'm flabbergasted. I feel like I'm tempting this and it's not good. I keep eating away at leftover christening cookies. And now Thanksgiving

Oh and Peps thank you for thinking of me and missing my grandmommy on Thanksgiving.

the girls keep me very busy and I am grateful (in this regard) for that. But it's still as though she is here...which is reassuring and difficult at the same time.

My great aunt (grandmommy's sister) came for Thanksgiving. She always used to come for Christmas but gave that up over 10 years ago. She couldn't be more opposite of my grandmother--my grandmother was scared of life, really, but especially new technology (cough, cough that's me) whereas my great aunt is almost 82 and just really TACKLES life. May we all age in this way.

Between Mother-in-law here, sister and alll my nieces, my own kids, my great aunt, I feel spread too thin and time too short to enjoy them all.

We did take a nice little break from it and treat my mom to birthday facials and massages. It was ridiculously overpriced but something she'd never do for herself and so she really enjoyed!! Score!

Yesterday I went to my mom's to help pre-cook some of Thanksgiving dinner. With my sister's 4 kids and my 2 kids, it was so chaotic I wanted to run away! But after some backup (Rich) arrived to help entertain, and my 2 kids went down for nap, we were able to settle in and get some cooking and cleaning done. Yay!

In church on Sunday we, of course, talked about gratitude. I want to leave you with a couple quotes:

"Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone." -Gertrude Stein

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."

It is nice to feel grateful. But I challenge all of us to express it today.

I am very thankful for this group. You have seen me through weightloss after regain, working out, and two babies, and soooo many more of life's non weightloss moments. Thank you!

DiamondD
on 11/28/19 7:05 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Good morning! Both my kids arrived safely, as we were drifting off to sleep, my husband said with contentment, it's good to have them both sleeping under our roof again.

Today we go to my Uncle's house, like we have done for the past 30 years. I have a group of "baby" cousins who were born when I was in my late 20s. Now they are bringing their kids to a celebration that started before they were born. I love my extended family. There will be over 30 of us ranging from 4 months old to 79 years old.

Bonnie, thank you for those quotes about gratitude, see how effective they are, they're causing me to express gratitude :)

Thank you everyone in our tribe for your good counsel, support, and many laughs. Happy Thanksgiving!

CC C.
on 11/28/19 12:42 pm, edited 11/28/19 8:39 am

I'm thankful for all of you too! I'm also thankful to not have had to fly to MI for the holiday and to have my Dad and his wife here in CA. I'm thankful to still have Fergus will me and that he seems happy and well. I'm thankful for all the rain we're getting (though the roof at my Dad's is leaking in two places. Argh). And I'm thankful for all of my mom's Thanksgiving recipes that make me feel like she's still with me.

Happy Thanksgiving, my sweet friends!

diane S.
on 11/28/19 1:40 pm

Greetings Thankful Ones

I am sitting here gleefully thawing a pork tenderloin in the microwave for dinner later. I am grateful to not have to wrestle with a partially frozen turkey. I for one have grown to regard all the holiday cooking fuss as a form of tyranny over women. So while I love the gathering of friends and family I am content with pizza or simple food served casually. I am the thanksgiving grinch I guess.

But I am also grateful to have power on and a warm roof over my head. Friends near here, who live on a cliff overlooking the ocean, had half their roof blow off. Its sitting in their yard. They had the roof blow off a few years ago and that roofer must have done a crappy job. We have mutual friends who just left for a cruise in Europe so I had the idea that the roofless friends could go stay in the home of the traveling friends. Emails sent and arrangements made. I am not the grinch after all.

Liz it just breaks my heart that things have been difficult for your DH. Glad he is calmed down some. I suggest you think carefully about rushing back but glad you can call and that DS is available. Also glad medication can be adjusted. My mom's friend crazy Pat always said she didn't want my mom doped and denied her medicine that might have made her more comfortable. I used to get my mom to do yoga breathing to calm her. Your DS might try that. Meanwhile enjoy Florida. You know your DH would want that.

Cripes I am sort of out of the info loop. You guys all are so busy and engaged I can't keep up! Shirley you are the energizer bunny! BB enjoy the holiday chaos with kids. It really is fun.

Well its sunny and clear here today but some people still don't have power. Pathetic.

Peps, thanks for the FB warning on the national dog show. Tee Hee, I bet you have already started stacking up those little pups!!Right now all they can compete for is Best Eater in Litter! Sorry Ron hurt his back. Furniture moving is only for the buff!

Speaking of buff, I may go to the gym today. Gotta check on woodsy friends who may still not have power. Have a great day all. Mine will be pie-free. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

LeapSecond
on 11/28/19 3:30 pm - AR

For years we had taco salad for holidays. But some of the younger ones wanted to do the traditional thing. It is a lot of work.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

LeapSecond
on 11/28/19 3:31 pm - AR

Busy day planned with lots of people and travel. The pills and potions are working because I am not dreading it as much as normal.

I too am thankful for our group. Truly an encouraging group.

I usually cook the mashed potatoes. This year DD pealed them and I cooked them last night. Mixed it up and heated it all up.

I just got home. Thanksgiving went well. DW is staying another day. Adalyn must be cutting some back teeth. She was good for a while but would occasionally come over and give me a hug. She always gets sick after being very affectionate.

more later, david

LeapSecond
on 11/28/19 3:36 pm - AR

Adalyn just before nap time.

CC C.
on 11/28/19 4:42 pm

Aw, she sure loves her grandpa ! That dress is adorable!