VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » 11/29/19, Black Fr...

11/29/19, Black Friday

ocean4dlm
on 11/29/19 3:27 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15
  1. Within Range: yes
  2. General Wellbeing: 9
  3. 10,000+ Steps: 4268
  4. Fitness: walking to and from kitchen
  5. Self-Care: awareness of gratitude
  6. Fun: being present

I always scoffed at the people who had items to pick up at the grocery store on Thanksgiving, judging them to be disorganized. ( I know..never judge !) I now know differently. I had been saving toasted Ezekiel bread all week to make healthy stuffing. When I got started, my celery was limp and my onions were missing. Yes... I HAD to have fresh ! Off to Syracuse for two days with my family. Youngest DD will be there and in addition to Thanksgiving, I'm told there will also be a wedding celebration.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

DiamondD
on 11/29/19 9:34 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Of course you need fresh! Do tell more about wedding celebration, is it to celebrate your recent nuptials, or is another marriage in your family on the horizon.

Peps
on 11/29/19 10:23 am

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was uneventful, but I dealt with cranky and depressed people most of the day. That's not always easy. Ron very cranky, BFF cranky and depressed, SIL very depressed, brother dealing with SIL.... Pop was in good spirits, but the stenosis in spine (lumbar vertebrae) is really flaring up and causing him debilitating pain. He has an appointment with a surgeon in early December. Hoping he can have corrective surgery sooner rather than later. For 90 he's in extremely good shape, so I doubt they will cite his age as a deterrent to surgery.

As predicted I ate a wonderfully moderate Turkey Day dinner and my love of pie was in its full splendorific glory! Suffice it to say, all tolled I had two healthy slabs of pie - apple and pumpkin - spread out over many hours. I also had far less liquid in any form than I should have yesterday. Must correct that today.

Mama Ella has been battling a fever, which spiked to 104.3 yesterday, but it was back down in the 103s by bedtime. Haven't taken it yet today, but I will. If it's still higher than the 102s, I will call and get her seen by one of our vets. Pups have dew claw removal and tail docking today. My least favorite day of puppy rearing.

Thankful for all of you each and every day!

DiamondD
on 11/29/19 11:40 am
VSG on 06/13/12

We had a lovely Thanksgiving. With over 30 people, it's always easy to find an interesting conversation to drop in on. The house is quiet right now, as DH is at work, and each off spring is out with their respective friends. True to their personalities, dd is at a brunch with about 12 friends, ds is with one of his best friends since they were in 2nd grade. One of the things I love about them being home is I get to see their friends who I also miss! Absolutely think the future is in great hands, I am so impressed with the kind of adults they have become.

Besides making dinner, I don't have any must do chores. I think I'll take some time to read and relax, until all the wanderers come home for the evening.