VSG Maintenance Group

12/02/19,. Monday

ocean4dlm
on 12/2/19 2:54 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

4:30 AM, part way into our Winter Storm Warning. We left Syracuse at 4:30 AM yesterday, to beat the prelude of freezing rain, which we only encountered for the last ten miles. Snowblowing on top of ice later will be exciting ! It is expected to continue snowing until this afternoon, so I'll wait ! The pellet stove and electric fireplace are keeping the chill away, so if we lose power we'll be fine until the blower stops but we can hook up the generator if that happens. All of the schools are closed, so cyber Monday will be even more productive!

Weight is stable after the weekend away. Schlepping all of the dog stuff and keeping them well walked helped. I have been very fortunate maintaining and I know it and know that could all change at any time. This time of year always seems to strain my relationship with DDs. Even though they intellectually know why I had to leave their father 12 years ago, this time of year makes all of us long for an intact family that couldn't be.

PEPs, I hope Ella is lots better, and able to care for those babies. I'm sure you've been picking up the slack AND taking care of her. Leap, hope DD is better and that Adalyn's Pop Pop time rocking healed her. Liz, I'm not seeing any way that you are getting into the northeast today. Stay safe. Shirl... I just don't know how you do it all ! You have more energy than I can begin to imagine ! Take some time to take care of you ! DD, glad your kids are home safely! I'll think of you as I remove snow! Soul sisters, snow sisters ! Diane, I thought of you last night when I threw together a lentil soup to finish off the turkey! Love all of you !!

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/2/19 4:20 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You must have beat my post by minutes! I renamed it and kept the pictures there.

I am on the plane scheduled for takeoff in 30 minutes. Though most of New England is snowing, it looks like just rain today where I am going. Cross your fingers!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

ShirlAus
on 12/2/19 12:34 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All :) Waking up after a good sleep - only woke a few times. Darn old bladder !

Feeling a lot more human indeed after some sleep - who knew. Busy afternoon yesterday once I finished work, went to collect a portable cot that I bought to leave at the farm - easier than lugging our one from city house up and down. Then an Appointment. I then called into a furniture store to look at a lounge my mum was thinking of buying but they didnt have the right colour. I found her a lovely suite - 2 reclining chairs and matching 3 seater couch - in her coloured leather. Its all electric so will be easier for her to operate. Sent her pictures and she trusts me a lot - so just said go ahead. Saves me dragging her out in the cold on Friday. So with free leather cleaner, $1000 AUD off and Free Premium Delivery (They bring it in, unpack and take away all the rubbish) its being delivered on Saturday morning. Organised my darling sons to go Friday night and remove the old lounge suite onto her deck. Will deal with it all the following weekend. So in short, shes a happy Mum and has her new lounge suite for my party at her house :) Shes such a darling - wanting to make sure everything is perfect for my party - even though I have told her I dont want her fussing nor stressing. We will take it in chunks. DH and I are meeting my sons over there next Sunday to do a big yard cleanup and tidy so everything should be pretty ready to just setup on the 12/21 :)

Weight is 170.72 so thats pretty good. Im loosing weight. Think its all the running around as it certainly is not my eating! I enjoyed Fudge last night after a nice chicken and wombok salad.

Today DH is working from home as he has a dental appointment. We will then head over to DSS house. I have offered to go over once a week after work and spend time with them n also help with the boys. Loving spending time with them.

Diane O - Wow snow - brrrrrrrr Stay warm x We are now in summer and its crazy weather. I had the heating on yesterday amongst all the rain and brought the puppies inside so they could snooze in their beds. Today should bring the last of the rain before we climb back to more normal temps and I cant wait. Weird to be wearing thick jackets in summer !!

Liz - The sand scultures look amazing. How talented some people are :) Hope you have a good flight are able to put DH anxiety at rest when he sees you. Be kind to yourself. You are in my thoughts always

Leap - Sorry I forgot to say yesterday that I hope your DD and Adalyn get better soon. Nothing better than lots of cuddles from a grandparent when you are feeling ill

Peps - Restful Hugs to you all - Hope Ella is doing a little better and her spark is coming back.

Diane S - Nawww I dont make cooking look easy. Its just something I enjoy and it makes me feel useful to feed my extended family. I always try and do a meal or two for my BIL and his family when Im up there since my SIL died. Makes me feel like Im honouring her in a way - she would have known we as a family would rally around her loved ones. Still miss her so very much.

Hello to all who follow x I had best go and make a second cup of tea then start dealing with the work emails

Love to you all :)

Shirley

DiamondD
on 12/2/19 2:31 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Another work day come and gone. Home now, going to start cooking dinner in a bit. Right before I left work I ordered grocery delivery again. I'm loving this option to get staples into the house, especially things that I only buy once in awhile. No wandering up and down aisles trying to find the elusive maraschino cherries.

Not much else going on, I've had a good day with eating, so I'm happy that holiday eating hasn't sent me careening off course. It still remains a mystery to me why eating well is relatively easy, until it's not. I guess if I ever untangle that one, I will be master of the universe, or at least my own weight.

diane S.
on 12/2/19 4:36 pm

Greetings Sleeve Buddies

Look at your snow DianeO!!! I so don't miss those days. Glad you have power back and hope you put off the snow removal until then.

Liz hope you are home safe by now and addressing issues with your DH. Can't be easy. I made the California to Nebraska treck something like 18 times during my mother's illness. Hope you can have some fun with friends and family and reassure DH.

Just got back from the pool. I need to get new goggles so I can actually swim instead of jus****er walking. The pool is still pretty empty (of swimmers) so its nice for me. I have already had to learn where the lost and found is.

Peps thinking of you and the pups and Ella. Ella deserves to be Queen For A Day. anyone remember that old tv show?

Haircut tomorrow. My hair looks like some really scuzzy rockstar. New look needed.

Dinner tonight will be some Hillshire farms sausage and mashed sweet potatoes. DH will likely hate it so I won't ask ahead of time.

Multiple errands run today. After being a world class slug yesterday it felt good to get things done.

Later all. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Miss150
on 12/2/19 4:46 pm

Wow! Where has Monday gone? (For that matter, the last several days...

I attempted a bit of "Shirl" behavior, but, unlike the magic energy she seems to possess, I am totally washed up. How do you do it, supergirl?

Today I made a large pot of gumbo soup. There is enough to put some up in the freezer for later. Did some laundry, then DH and I went tramping along the creek bed and discovered a pecan tree. We gathered approximately 8#s- more than enough to take me through holiday baking. I chose my Christmas stick tree (took a bit of a bunny trail and did some pruning while I was out there). I chose a small sand plum tree- lots of branches to hang ornaments. Well, that sent me up to the store room to pull everything out. It is my intention to cull the collection down to a reasonable stash-o-cheer. We'll see how that goes. I have a hard time parting with things that have seriously sentimental memories attached.

My eating has been shear crap since before Thanksgiving. Today has been ok- so far-

Peps, we have been watching after DS's pup while he is away on business. Clowney (I mean, Swann) is about 6 months and what I'd like to know is at what age will he stop being a Welch Terrier and turn into a REAL dog? He is a total Tigger- my dog speed is more of an Eeyore personality.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Peps
on 12/2/19 9:38 pm

If he's a true Welshie, he'll calm down when he's around 3 yrs. old, maybe 4.

Miss150
on 12/3/19 11:19 am

I was hoping more, like, next week-Thursday at 3:15 on the dot. So much energy, but such a sweetie. It will be worth it, I think, to wait it out.