VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » 12/04/19, Wednesda...

12/04/19, Wednesday

CC C.
on 12/4/19 11:03 am

Look for the Egg Bites in the egg white, spinach, red pepper variety. Tasty!

ShirlAus
on 12/4/19 7:07 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

They are nice

I also found the meatballs nice for a super quick dinner - crumble over a salad or top with some hummus and raw veggies

ShirlAus
on 12/4/19 10:53 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All - Up early to drop DH at the station so enjoying a cup of tea and listening to the birds wake up n chirp. Bit of a rough night - I was coughing till after midnight. Think I have picked up what our Grandsons have - hardly surprising as I have been in almost constant contact with them. Hoping it goes fast as I sure dont have time to be sick..... But every minute with my darlings is precious.

Went with DS to choose new glasses after work - he got 2 new pairs so should be set for another year. Then we ran some errands. We got Hello Fresh this week (free box from DSS) so I have asked DS to start making dinner with my supervision. It will be good for him to learn to follow recipes and step outside the square on the things he cooks. Hes my eldest and has Asphergers so can be rigid in his routines. He did super well - Im very proud. It was a delicious Pulled Pork Canitas Bowl with Chargrilled Corn Salsa and Garlic Rice. He has picked Honey Soy Ginger Beef Bowl for tonight as he will largely prepare n cook it on his own - we are heading to look at and buy a commercial freezer for the farm after work tonight. I spent close to 4 hours last night sorting the Christmas Present boxes and wrapping. Nearly finished and only have a few more gifts to buy - yay for shopping all year - it sure helps lessen the craziness of Silly Season :)

Weight same as yesterday 169.18

Diane O - Do glad DH Surgery went well. Super long day for both of you. I hope you were both able to get some fitful rest last night. Glad you are getting home this afternoon before the next snow storm. Love to you both x PS Your tree looks lovely

Liz - So hard to read about DH. I feel for you all. Hoping the doctors visit goes well and you can leave to return to Florida with your mind at ease a little.

Cec - Enjoy your coffee date :) And Christmas Tree Shopping. I am yet to put ours up but will this year as a lot of the kids are coming for dinner on Christmas Day so I best make an effort.

Ann - Happy Birthday - on the proper day this time he he he - Silly Aussies huh. Hope your trip home was smooth

Hello to all that follow. Im off to prepare my 2020 diary - Im a dinosaur and still use a paper diary - I KNOW ... but with all the things I juggle I just need to be able to flick the pages a week at a time and see it clearly when trying to fit everything in.

Have a wonderful Day/Evening

S

X

Peps
on 12/4/19 12:48 pm

I only recently (about 3 years ago) went to a fully digital calendar. Sometimes I still don't like it, but it is more convenient for me than carrying around a date book. There is something missing with the digital calendar, IMO. I used a month at a glance type of calendar. It helps me plot out the whole month. Since my memory is highly visually reliant, that method worked so well for years and years. The digital calendar on my phone simply doesn't allow that same visual discrimination and evaluation. I miss that and find I have to check more frequently what's' on the docket. In the "olden days" I could simply bring up the picture of the calendar in my head and know what was coming for the day. Odd to me how the two different calendars work so differently in my brain.

ShirlAus
on 12/4/19 1:19 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

I can totally relate Peps ! Im staying an ol Dinosaur - Week to a page - everything in Lead pencil as it changes all the time. Happy being old school in this instance

Cant scroll on your phone and view as easily in my opinion

DiamondD
on 12/4/19 2:48 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

There is some evidence that the same thing happens with hard copy textbooks and electronic textbooks. For visual learners (I'm one too), the kinetic action with the book also helps retain information, turning the pages, resting your pen or finger by a graphic, pulling the highlighter across the words... And what is written by hand vs. typing is often stored better (unless you have disgraphia).

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/5/19 3:32 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I believe that completely! Also, when I first started taking notes on an iPad I had to write them, but of course they couldn't be searched. Ultimately I changed over to typing notes but it took a long time for them to work as a memory assist the way the handwritten ones did. Somehow the action of writing seared them in my brain so I rarely had to review them. With typed ones I had to reread them.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/5/19 3:34 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good plan with DS! I had all my kids cook at least one meal a week when they were teens and my youngest is now a chef. It gives you a break, teaches DS an important skill and provides him with a sense of accomplishment.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

DiamondD
on 12/4/19 3:08 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Today was Career Exploration Day, and my assignment was taking a group of juniors to the Police Department. They do a nice job putting together presentations, and the students have sessions led by patrol, seat, drug task force, investigation and K-9. One year I had a shy group, and nobody wanted to hold the bite pillow for the dogs, so I did it. Kind of an intense experience! This year, I had a more outgoing group.

Home now, thinking about what to make for dinner. Might be bacon and eggs, my go to when I'm tired. Diane S. if you find inspiration at Costco, do share. It's always a commitment when you only have 2 people in the house. Reminds me of an Abraham Lincoln quote: Eternity is two people and a ham.

Cecily, I hope if you pursue physical therapy you get some relief. Physical Therapists are some of my favorite medical types, in general they are a pretty upbeat, can do kind of group. My aunt started as a PT, and later got a PHD in Divinity (from Harvard, I might add). She is one of the country's leading Medical Ethicists. She still does some work in PT, and she said conferences are so different, if it's medical ethics, people are up late, sitting in dark bars, drinking cognac over philosophical discussions, if it's PT, everyone needs to get to bed early because they signed up for a just for fun 5k in the morning. After having a lot of PT throughout the years, I can see it.

LeapSecond
on 12/4/19 6:59 pm - AR

Sounds like everyone has been busy. Even the coyotes are busy singing tonight.

Ann- Happy Birthday! And I hope your travels are going well.

BB- Hang in there. Kids are work

Cecily- I have to say I have had good luck over the years with PT. Hope you get some good results if you choose that line of treatment.

DD- I do not think kids Ever outgrow crawling in bed with you when they are sick. It is their happy place. Hoping everyone is better.

Devon- I hope mom and pups are growing and resting well. Seems like she did this on the previous liter if I remember right.

Dianne4dlm- Hope you both are getting enough rest. Hope the healing is fast. Glad all is going so well.

DianeS- I hope you can get some relief from PT. Even a just little would help. I do not understand radiation as a therapy. I will read up.

Liz- Hope your return home soothed all. So sad to hear DH is not eating well. I hope you enjoy your return to FL.

Miss150- I know what you mean by where has the time gone. Especially lately. I have tried to be extra productive and it has kicked me back in the hot tub and then to the recliner.

ShirlAus- Super Shirl. I need some of that energy. It does not mater how healthy you are, no one can withstand the germs from a toddler.

I too have been busy. DS needed me for fencing. Then needed me to help move personal belongings from the pharmacy they are selling. Also had a trailer load of scrap metal accumulation over the years from soft drink cans to medical equipment and old fixtures. Plan to move more on the weekend.

Good thing lately is that my mood has not dipped since I have been taking higher doses of Omega3 oil. I am really after EPA but fish oil seems too be the best way to get it. I wish I could locate the research that my wife read about it that started me taking it at this dose. I have been taking over a gram of EPA 2 times a day. Anxiety is down. Mood up. Can not beat that.

The knee is improving. I have been on it too much lately but it is better.

DD had pneumonia in both sides of her lungs. 3 injections of Antibiotic over 3 days and taking a different type by mouth and steroids and updrafts have kept her out of the hospital. She started feeling better yesterday.

Adalyn has had cough and cold too. And she has moved up in her class at school. New teacher. She has been having some pretty tough days. She turned the corner today and is feeling much more like a human instead of a screaming fit. She is really getting the hang of this potty training. She came over this afternoon and marched her self straight back to the bathroom put the little potty seat on the commode and went. She is growing up so very fast. She absolutely melts my heart when she got out of the car and called me dada pop. Also her vocabulary is blooming.

More Later, David

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)