on 12/6/19 5:24 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15
  1. Within Range: yes
  2. General Wellbeing: 7.5
  3. 10,000+ Steps: 9491
  4. Fitness: hauling stuff, waking
  5. Self-Care: nada
  6. Fun: there must have been something

DH came home a bit early... he probably should have stayed another night. Walking with the walker is getting easier every time he does it. The exertion is causing sweating, which means frequent clothing and linen changes. I'm going to pop to the store later for more bed propping pillows, as I don't want him on damp ones. He is unaware, but he is also experiencing some incontinence, which may be related to the recent UTI. I'm hoping not to have to discuss resumption of Depends with him while he is suffering so many other indignities. Caring for those you love is lightened by that love, but Liz, Ann, Shirl...you all have so much loving caregiving experience... I always respected that but even more now !!!

DD, so sorry about your mom's diagnosis. Positive thoughts to both of you ! PEPS, glad Ella likes the new food ! Ann and BB, great FB pictures. Happy birthdays belated and early to Ann and Shirl. Diane, get some extra pool time in for me ! Can't leave DH alone for that long yet. Liz, soak up that sun and hope this week is calm and relaxing. Ceci, eager to hear about some hikes ! David, hope the knee is progressing and that DD's lungs clear and Adalyn is protected. Miss Bonnie, I always love it when you chime in. Love to all and especially anyone I neglected to mention.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

brownblonde
on 12/6/19 6:04 am

Weight: I think 162.4

Yesterday was a hard day. I got way over emotional about things. Dumb things. Like there only being one checker at Sam's club. I don't know why these things have bothered me so much recently. I need to chill. For my health!

I'm feeling very rushed this year. Thanksgiving being so late is making me feel like I've already "missed" Christmas!! Two little babies make it very hard to accomplish things. I know ultimately none of these things mean much (the clean house, the decorations, etc.) but that's just my personality and I'm currently finding it hard to deal. I'm in a "survival" phase again where I don't feel like I'm truly enjoying anything or accomplishing anything, just checking off my to-do list and hoping to make it to bedtime! That is so very un-me and I need to restructure.

I might need to go back to work. Everything here just feels tedious and unending.

Wow that went kinda dark, sorry!

Everything is actually pretty good! My weight is holding steady. I want to lose more and work out but there will be time for that. I did put up our smaller Christmas tree. My goal is to get the remainder of decorations out by the end of the weekend so I can spend the next week focused on shopping!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/6/19 8:01 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am sorry you are feeling overwhelmed. Two under two is a LOT! I had a hard time with two who were three years apart! I know it is difficult to not do everything you feel you should. If you at least prioritize the "list" perhap****ting the most important ones will make you feel like some of the ones further down the list aren't so crucial after all. As a lifelong project planner, I have found that doing that helps me cope better.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

DiamondD
on 12/6/19 2:02 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I agree with Liz, it's a lot to have two little ones under 2. Is there someone you could hire to be a helper for a few hours a day, or week? Someone who can watch them and keep them safe while you go about getting a few of those things done that would make you feel more like you? It may sound indulgent to hire a sitter to come over to your house and occupy the girls while you finish your to do list, but it's not. Stay at home Mom stuff is never ending, and you are worthy of having a break now and then.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/6/19 8:03 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am in sunny Florida again - the trip yesterday was uneventful. I have already walked and had coffee with my friends.

I think I'm going to the pool for a while, then will work at making myself presentable for a Christmas party tonight at our lodge.

Have a fruitful Friday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

DiamondD
on 12/6/19 2:10 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I'm taking a weekend off from worrying. Tonight we're going to hear the Messiah by the Minnesota Orchestra. It will be lovely. Our Orchestra is sensational. Tomorrow we're going to dinner with friends and then a jazz Christmas concert. It was incredible last year, very much looking forward to it again. Sunday a baby shower for my niece, followed by a Christmas gathering at a friend's house in the evening. Saturday in the morning, I hope to make up some freezer meals for my parents, and I will go to their house on Monday. Until then, I will let the music and good times with friends be a balm on my soul. I suspect there will be some wine to sooth my heart also. :)

Peps
on 12/6/19 5:30 pm

I don't think it's widely known what a rich center for the arts Minneapolis is. Frankly, I was amazed when I discovered how much Minnie has to offer in the way of theater, dance, symphony/orchestra, ballet, museums, etc... You Minnesotans keep it a well guarded secret! (Actually, I think most people don't pay attention to much of what is going on and available west of the Appalachians and east of the Sierra Nevadas! LOL)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/7/19 3:30 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope the music and friend time this weekend will help.

CC C.
on 12/6/19 6:34 pm

Hair cut and colored today and a fresh Christmas tree procured. It smells so heavenly! The past decade, we usually got hot, dry, windy weather just as the Christmas tree lots go up, so you basically get a dried out tree (added to the fact that they are cut weeks before they get to the lot). But this year has been rainy (more rain today), so the trees looked really good. The only bummer was I ripped a tiny hole in the fabric on the ceiling of my car getting the tree/stand out. Dammit. No tasks in my life seems to be easy/accident free from start to finish!

I am getting some energy built up to get organized. My house has gotten really cluttered with delayed projects and piles and I hate it. It brings a feeling of chaos, which bleeds into other parts of my life.

Do you all remember Peter Walsh? Australian professional organizer who used to be on Oprah a lot. He used to say that the state of your home is a reflection of your state of well-being and many people who are overweight also have cluttered homes. He cited a study that said people with cluttered homes were 77% more likely to be overweight or obese. His reasoning was that you can't make healthy decisions when you're living in disorderly chaos. I think it's probably that both home chaos and eating chaos are symptoms of a life spinning out of control. I feel that lack of control in all parts of my life right now! But I know I have the power to change it with some perseverance.

I had my knitting Christmas party last night and it was really fun, but the food choices were not healthy! Potatoes, mac and cheese, breaded chicken cordon bleu, bread, cake... One person exclaimed, "I love white food..." and that sums it up. LOTS of white food. And the person who was bringing a big spinach salad got the flu and didn't come. As much as I enjoy white food too, it doesn't feel good after to have eaten it.

Anyway, I am going to go clear a pile or two. Hope you all have a good weekend! I'm loving all the Christmas decoration pics. You're all an inspiration to me who tends toward grinchiness!