VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Wednesday, December...

Wednesday, December 11

Miss150
on 12/11/19 7:13 am

Good Morning all and asundry bipedal folk and their 4 legged friends,

It's off to the dentist soon- my expectation is that I will be there only a moment- no surprises, tooth wise, monetary, or other unexpected unpleasantness. We shall see.

Tomorrow is my 7 year WLS anniversary. So here it is- the proverbial before and after pictures.

So, I had to scroll all through the pictures- a lot of memories- one picture especially gruesome- unhappy days. Mostly what I'm most grateful for is that in freeing up my body- I was more enabled to work on the real me- the inside. Love you guys more than you will ever know!

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/11/19 8:46 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You are such a beautiful person inside and out!

This is my last day here. My bathroom and most kitchen cleaning are done and one of three loads of laundry is in the wash. I'm going for burgers by the pool day shortly, possibly followed by a bit of lounging by the pool, and finally dinner out with friends.

I will be up and out early tomorrow for my flight home, then dealing with DH's situation in the afternoon so this is my last "me" day for a while. Luckily BIL came through and is staying with DH keeping him calm until I get back.

Have a winning Wednesday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

DiamondD
on 12/11/19 2:23 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I hope these days have rejuvenated you, as you return to winter and care giving problem solving.

DiamondD
on 12/11/19 2:21 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Bonnie, love the pictures. I understand the gratitude. I feel like I escaped from fat prison. I was losing my mobility, and so many things I wanted to do were just harder, if not impossible. For example, my husband bought me an inexpensive kayak on black Friday. I didn't think for a second about the maximum weight capacity, just about what color I wanted (it's a cross between red and orange, I love it). When I did get around to looking at the sticker, the max was 275. I could not have used my pretty kayak at my highest weight. Freedom. That's what my surgery gave me.

DiamondD
on 12/11/19 2:33 pm, edited 12/11/19 6:34 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Today it was -5 on my way to work, and 4 on my return. As we like to say, but what are ya gonna do? I guess just keep on going. Warm up to the 30s predicted for the weekend. As one weather guy said, you're going to think you flew to Arizona. Probably not, but I still welcome it.

Tonight is dinner with the college roommies, spouses included. Always a bit of a raucous time.

I am resisting making any plans for Saturday. DH has to work afternoon/evening. I think an evening of reading and maybe catching up on some shows would be just the thing. We have tickets to a musical Friday night, and might do educator rush for a different one on Sunday afternoon. That should be quite enough entertainment.

I am feeling good about my eating, yet the scale doesn't move. I guess getting through this month without a gain is a positive. Hoping I can still say that the beginning of January.