VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Thursday December 1...

Thursday December 12, 2019

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/12/19 2:15 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I have been awake since 3 and up since 4:15 (it is 5:15 now). I'm leaving the house at 6 and should be home by 12 or so.

i am NOT looking forward to the next few days. If there is a bed I will be taking DH to a geriatric psychiatric unit about 1/2 hour away from our home. If there aren't beds, I will have to do 1:1 coverage with DH until there is. Neither is a good prospect. The nurse I spoke to on Monday night is meeting me at DH's facility at 2 pm today.

Is this Diane's window replacement day? Not fun especially if it is cold...

Have a thoughtful Thursday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

ocean4dlm
on 12/12/19 4:50 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Window replacement is Monday. Had my Mani and pedi yesterday.... sparkling red! DH sees the surgeon today and we'll go out to lunch. Tomorrow is Y and therapist. Liz, I hope there IS a bed and that Paul can be better medically supported.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Miss150
on 12/12/19 7:05 am

I, too, am hoping for beds, two of them; one for DH and a comfy one at home for you.

How do windows get installed in winter? Brrrrrrr.....We are in the 50's for the next several days. Maybe by Monday that warm will be your way.

Today is candied orange peel day. Out and about after dentist ( quick X-ray cleanup and then reseated- no problems save $), I saw some lovely thick skinned oranges at the market- bought them only to find DH had brought a bag home also. I'm interested in seeing just what the yield of 12#s of oranges yield in peel!

Tonight is a fancy Christmas party. O-Goody! I will spend happy moments in that dressy part of my closet looking through pretties that only very rarely see the light of the day.

Let the day be jolly!

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/12/19 2:45 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I love getting dressed up periodically. Not too many opportunities these days.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

CC C.
on 12/12/19 9:20 am

I'll be thinking about you Liz.

Last night was my book club Christmas party. It's always a nice affair. I tried to make good selections. I got on the scale after a long hiatus and it's not pretty. I need to do better. Today is my therapy appointment and a trip to Costco. Onward!

Peps
on 12/12/19 10:53 am

Yesterday's treat - Went to see Meet Me in St. Louis on the big screen. Made me think of BB. We would have enjoyed going together, I think.

Liz, best wishes. You are facing real hard changes. Hugs.

Guessing Ann is closing in on Antarctica. I believe she made it to southern Argentina yesterday.

Nothing really new here... Puppies okay, Ron sick again, not enough sleep, great workouts this week, still fat....

ShirlAus
on 12/12/19 1:01 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All

Quick Pop in - have been laying pretty low with this infection. Working but did take a 2 hour nap yesterday once I finished. Back to Dr's on Monday ... Starting second lot of antibotics this morning

I practiced some self care and cancelled going up to the farm on Wed as I was feeling yuck and didnt want to drive 3.5 hours. I wanted to support my BIL and his kids thru my SIL birthday but I needed to just stop and be still for a bit. Its done me good and I have to train myself not to feel guilty for doing that. I find that super hard

Farm tonight - as we are bagging meat all day Saturday before driving home. Sunday is Car service and huge clean up at my mums in preparation for my party. Both my sons are coming to help too. Then DSD and her partner are coming for Pizza for tea. Will be nice to see them

No weight - I have been doing the snacking comfort thing - sort that out when I feel better

Sending love and strength to you all

S

LeapSecond
on 12/12/19 6:21 pm - AR

6 hour round trip to pick up Meds that were shipped to my psychiatrist office. I was told that the 13 gallons of diesel was cheaper than the copay.

Liz, so sorry that you are going through another placement right now. My prayers are for peace for everyone. DW says her hardest days as a nurse was working 1 to 1 with Alzheimer's patient. She said she couldn't even go to the bathroom without her patient getting into something. I will catch up on what has been going on in previous posts.

Adalyn is 2 today. She has been pretty sick over the past 2 weeks. I have done some babysitting but albuterol make her breathing and cough better but she goes from a baby that will play or be held and watch some screen time. To a hyped up crazy baby. She did return to school today. And seems more pleasant. We have put the party Off until Saturday. Maybe she will a regular 2 yr old by then.

More later, david

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)