on 12/13/19 3:55 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15
  1. Within Range: 6 over
  2. General Wellbeing: 7
  3. 10,000+ Steps: 7211
  4. Fitness: walking
  5. Self-Care:
  6. Fun:

Our RV has been at the dealer's for the last two months. They winterized it and are trying to repair the levelers, which have been an issue from the start. We have an appointment with our attorney the first week in January, to find out if we can proceed with a Lemon Law case (all of the requirements were met within our first three months.... In shop 30+ consecutive days...and they are still trying to fix the problem).

My weight continues to creep up... not okay. I just joined WW online. I meet with my own therapist later this morning. DH had a good check up, although the outing was exhausting for both of us. This weekend will be spent taking down and laundering curtains and sheers, removing blinds, and moving furniture. Monday is supposed to be snowy. Today's Y visit has been pre-empted by the errands we didn't get accomplished on the way home yesterday.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Miss150
on 12/13/19 7:18 am

The scales here, too, continue to bounce upanddown-up-and- right now trending slowly up. I would like to hang right at 145 with a range between 140 and 147. This puts me at 6# over.

As I see it, my error is in thinking that "because I haven't eaten (which ever meal time I'm closest to)- then a bite of this and apiece of that...Result in both quality as well as quantity of food really sucks, is not satisfying and makes me feel not so good.

This fact is not going to change my holiday preparations- last year I was doing good if I could keep my head up and walk around the house. I'm having the most glorious time doing....but must not let the activities get in the way of mindful behaviors.

Diane- best of luck with the lemon- some vehicles just come off the line broken. I hope you get satisfaction--so much time and energy and aggravation connected with this.

Today will be an interesting one. DS#2 is (hopefully-) coming home for a bit. Once again, he has resolved to get well and truly out of a horribly dysfunctional relationship . This situation has been ongoing for several years- (they've been together for 8), and each time - promises are made- behaviors temporarily change- he caves and it continues. Maybe this time. We gladly are providing a safe place with time for recovery. It would be very easy to have Asher here for "as long as you need...", but this would not encourage forward movement. Careful thinking needed as to how to walk the path of support while encouraging self sufficiency.

Hoping to find time today to decorate Christmas cookies with DH and DS - fun time and distraction.

Decorate the day with joy and gratitude!

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/13/19 9:47 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

If I can ever get to a stable place with DH for a little while I'd like to do WW as well, but probably in person to have the stronger accountability.

I am somewhat torn about what to do with DH. Sometimes he is calm but sometimes he is out of his head with anxiety. He can't sit and doesn't sleep well enough so he is exhausted. He lost another 5 pounds in the last 11 days. I am getting conflicting messages on what to do. The doctor doesn't feel confident about playing with meds, the nurse here (well respected) thinks he needs an inpatient stay. But the independent nurse I consulted with isn't sure. But there really isn't an available outpatient option here so I feel like the best option is the inpatient one. New news: the closest, best place has Norovirus. The other two options are not accepting any new patients. Sigh...

Anyway, I'm hanging out here until mid-afternoon when I need to go to the store and walk the dog.

Have a filling Friday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

DiamondD
on 12/13/19 2:02 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Diane and Liz, I feel tired just reading about the tasks in front of you. Diane, I hope there is some legal remedy for you. You bought a brand-new RV and it should perform that way, not like something that has worn, non functioning components.

Bonnie I'm trying to pick my cookie baking day. I can usually crank out the standards my family has come to expect over a weekend. This weekend would be best, but then I have to deal with them for two weeks instead of just one.

My children are giving me an early Christmas present: They have hired a cleaning service to come next week!! Very thoughtful, and will hopefully avert the annual Christmas Eve meltdown. I try so hard not to be that Mom, but some things can only be done day of, and, in my defense, everybody sleeps in or disappears. I have been trying to pass off the big family Christmas Eve party for years, but there's always a reason, this isn't the year to shut it down. Since this is the first Christmas since my sil died, I didn't even suggest it. Meanwhile, I'm trying to keep some moments of joy in the season, apart from all the work of the pageant of Christmas that so many of us direct.

Tonight we are going to a musical called All is Calm, based on the Christmas Eve truce between the German and American troops during WWI. May we all sleep (and live) in heavenly peace.

CC C.
on 12/13/19 4:25 pm

My Get Things Done streak continues. Today I washed the outside of my downstairs windows. This would seem like a small accomplishment until I tell you I've never washed them in 14 years. So gross, I know. And there are 17 of them them and three glass doors. I just took what the rain could give and left it at that. Well, holy smokes, I can actually SEEEEE. They look amazing. I used a combination of the Windex Outdoor Sprayer bottle that you attach to the hose for a first pass at the glass, the screens and most definitely the filthy tracks. The mud that flowed out was very satisfying to watch. Then I followed up cleaning the top halves that have no screens with a scrubber, soap, and squeegee. There was just too many years of grime that needed elbow grease. My screens are too hard to remove, so I figured the sprayer had to be enough for the bottom part and it is. But the no screen part is crystal clean now. Yay!

Afterwards, Fergus got a bath. We tried out that soft plastic disk that you smear with peanut butter and then suction cup to the tub wall so they stay occupied while you scrub. The first time in 12 years it wasn't a fight to get him into the bathroom/tub!

I am having lunch with some really nice people tomorrow we met on our NZ trip and they wanted to meet Fergus as they are big dog people. I figured if Ferg was going to get loved on by new friends, he ought to smell good. They only live about 30 minutes away. Should be fun!

So I have pruny hands after all my scrubbing, but a satisfied soul.

A majestic, if dripping, Ferg enjoying a "turkey leg pose" in the park after his bath. He air dries, so a short walk after a bath helps get that started:

I'm thinking about all of you! DianeO, I've considered WW too. It seems to be about sensible eating more than a "diet". As for the RV, it seems like most of them have problems like yours, which is a shame. And there aren't enough skilled people/places to work on them all. Liz, I wish this were easier for you. Bonnie, enjoy your cooking decorating! DD, that's a fantastic present! Enjoy your play. You always seem to do such fun things... Peps, any updated puppy pics?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/14/19 5:07 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Ferg looks very handsome. We used to call our beagles back legs turkey legs too!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

diane S.
on 12/13/19 5:25 pm

Greetings All

All is well here Wed night we had the gallery christmas party / meeting and it was nice. I ate junk but not too much. And today the health food store deli had turkey pot pies. They are really good. I have been eating a lot of junky food lately but at least sleeve slows me down. Must work on this.

Liz I so agree that inpatient evaluation is needed. Its safer. So sorry your world is so full of so much uncertainty. Wishing you a little peace.

DianeO, sorry you have to get legal help on the lemon but glad you are pushing forward. You paid plenty for that unit and they need to get it right.

DD, no Christmas eve meltdowns please. Remember that plenty of stuff can be purchased pre made and no one will care.

My brother had some good news on his chemo therapy. The nasty protein numbers have dropped a great deal. He feels better too. My Christmas gift.

Did the pool today. Was going to just do the hot tub but the entire pool was empty (of people) so I got right in.

I went to physical therapy for my feet today. Nice therapist. Not sure it will do any good but worth a try.

Take care all. Hug a puppy (or 10)

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CC C.
on 12/14/19 4:56 pm

Diane, I really like The Skinnytaste.com recipes and her recipes are very WW friendly. She has weekly meal planners that might give you some good ideas.