VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Friday, December 20...

Friday, December 20, 2019

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/20/19 6:56 am, edited 12/20/19 7:08 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

5 days to Christmas and I couldn't be any less in the spirit of things. I guess it was a good thing that I decorated already and finished shopping yesterday morning. The lights on the trees do help a little.

So....I had to cancel last night because DH became aggressive yesterday and his facility had to call 911. We are now in the second day of "boarding" at the ER while they try to find him a geriatric psych inpatient bed. Even in Massachusetts where there are tons of hospitals it is incredibly difficult to get a bed. What a crappy system! We would have ended up having to do this anyway because the outpatient psychiatrist recommended an inpatient stay after reviewing the records but agreed to do the follow-up afterwards. Luckily DH's facility will take him back after he is stabilized so that will help in getting a placement. DH has been introduced to several new drugs already to keep him calm here: Seroquel, some other sedative, and Haldol this morning because he was combative before I got here. I was able to go home for a few hours of sleep because he had one-on-one care last night.

Oh...and the furnace is dying and the alarm system is not communicating for some reason! Luckily DS knows the company I had talked to previously about the furnace (when I had deferred doing it) because he uses them at work. They are going to replace it on Monday. Money is just flying out the door this month!

So hopefully the rest of you will have a much finer Friday than I will.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

CC C.
on 12/20/19 8:25 am

Oh my goodness, Liz, you are having a time of it. Life could not be less fair if it tried. I wish Shel was here to educate about the meds. And a furnace on top of it all while it's freezing... ugh. I'm so glad your DS is helping you!

My gift giving anxiety is kicking in as I'm exchanging gifts with two of my good friends today. I have long been in the mode of no one needs more "stuff" so I try to give things that get used up like gift cards. It will be fine, but I worry I picked wrong as usual. And I worry I didn't get enough for my dad and his wife. I can't wait until the season is over, which is the wrong attitude!

I have another friend who I would like to taper things off with as she's a lot to deal with, exhausting, and makes questionable child-rearing decisions that make my eyes bug out. But she keeps hounding me to get together. Argh. 3 phone calls, 2 voicemails, and 2 texts yesterday, some just minutes apart. She's another one I haven't gotten a gift for, but she'll give one to me so I don't want it to be awkward and not give one too.

Eating continues to be okay (a whole two days in a row!). The scale is reflecting more water loss (1.4). Goodness I was puffy.

Anyway, off to worry and have a breakfast protein shake...

Miss150
on 12/20/19 10:22 am

Cecily, I gave up (for the most part) "gifting" that is tied to holidays. Not sorry- The stress, frustration and anxiety over getting....well, it just sucked the joy out of the holidays. When I see something during the course of the year that makes me think of a person, I get it and gift it then. I figure it's a win-win - my opting out has given others that freedom, too.

DiamondD
on 12/20/19 1:40 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I don't even like participating in Secret Santa exchanges. The best gift you can give me? Don't send me on another errand while I have to come up with a personal, clever gift and not spend more than $10.00. Years ago my husband I suggested to his siblings that the adults no longer exchange presents, and all heck broke loose. 20 years later we are still giving each other boxes of candy no one needs, or tchokes no one has room for. Grinchy, maybe. What I'd really like with friends, family, let's take the money we're going to spend on presents, and spend it on doing something together, a concert, dinner, bowling, wine tasting, movie ...

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/20/19 4:10 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We too do limited gifting. My kids and I exchange gifts and I got DH 2 clothing items and 2 for myself from him. I exchange gifts with my 2 SILs because the 3 of us are also friends. AND I hate the secret Santa thing with a passion. On the other hand I miss not buying gifts for children in need. This year it just wasn't in the cards. I barely was able to handle this bare minimum.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Miss150
on 12/20/19 10:49 am

Oh, Liz! I can't imagine things becoming any more difficult for you...and then, now this. This suffering (on everyone's part) just shouldn't continue. We- all of us, abide with you - all love and hugs to you today. Praying for a bed to open up.

I am taking the day off. Yesterday was spent at the endodonist- which I don't remember anything of. Kurt told me this morning that when we returned home I spent some time in the kitchen making a baked Mac and cheese soufflé. The evidence is in the fridge-- The stovetop and oven were involved, so supervision was involved. I hope I enjoyed it.

So, it's just going to be movies and slipper socks and naps.

Oh,yah---Dave, See If Adalyn will let you wear one of her cookies. When you next get a notion to heft and move things you shouldn't- just take that rubber cookie and---Bite! Take care of those bones, and heal soon.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

DiamondD
on 12/20/19 1:32 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Ohh, maybe you've created a new sensation Bonnie. Thinking about doing something not in your best interest? Bite down on the rubber cookie!

DiamondD
on 12/20/19 1:29 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

My goodness Liz, how could you be in a holiday mood, this new phase of the software's progression is so cruel. I pray for empathetic and wise medical staff to bring you both some peace.

diane S.
on 12/20/19 4:32 pm

Yikes Liz, could it get any more rough? (don't answer that). So sorry your DH is having a hard time. Hopefully they get him calmed and a bed opens up. Glad you got a bit of rest. More needed.

And a new furnace! Not fun to spend money on such things. Thinking of you. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Peps
on 12/20/19 9:02 pm

Liz- HUGS!