VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » 12/24/19, Christma...

12/24/19, Christmas Eve Tuesday

ocean4dlm
on 12/24/19 3:29 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15
  1. Within Range: 7 over
  2. General Wellbeing: 8
  3. 10,000+ Steps: 8849
  4. Fitness: walking dogs
  5. Self-Care: walking dogs
  6. Fun: walking dogs

Driving two hours each way to Syracuse for brunch with my daughters and then we're all going to visit my 91 year old mom who is declining fast. She has a hole above the repaired valve in her heart and they don't think she could survive another surgery, so she is constantly flirting with congestive heart failure. Her energy level is very low and she talks more and more about joining my Dad who passed 13 years ago. It will be great to see my girls, as they divide their short time between friends, divorced parents, in-laws and other family. I so clearly recall them being the ages of BB's beauties, and often wish for those days. Waking up under one roof on Christmas is such a blessing and the best gift of all.

Peace and joy to our Tremendous Tribe !! May each member of my chosen virtual family find comfort and lots to be grateful for in the next few days and into 2020 ! You all bring so much richness and balance to my life !!!

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/24/19 4:29 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

'Twas the Day Before Christmas.

DH won't be transferred today so probably not tomorrow either. Which at this point is just as well so I can partake in events with family this afternoon and tomorrow. DH continues to fight against the drugs - if nothing else he is a fall risk so still requires 1:1 watching. He can't go back to his facility until he is at least 24 hours without requiring constan****ching. He did open his eyes yesterday and drink some water. But very little eating of high protein pudding and ice cream. They started two new drugs yesterday when I was leaving so no way to know what he will be like today. In all likelihood DH will be fairly catatonic by the time he leaves the hospital and will probably have to stay that way. But he did offer up two kisses to me yesterday.

I hope you all have a peaceful and joyous day before Christmas. I will need to see pictures of all gorgeous children and people as that will warm my heart.

Have a child-like Christmas Eve!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

ShirlAus
on 12/24/19 4:23 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Sending you all my love and strength xxx

Miss150
on 12/24/19 7:09 am

155.6. Geese, Louise!!!!

Quick, quick pop in. I am in store for a rather harried day. Must remember to temper the doings and business and savor and enjoy every minute. Bread, yogurt going now. I made my noodles last night and they were a welcome sight resting in flour dust this morning. Will minimally clean (enlisting DH and DS#2) and prep for potato soup. Then it's off to low cost housing where we do our after school program. Church received donations enough to purchase a really good pair of shoes for the kids. We wrapped and labeled over 60 pairs. Small party and gifting. Then home to make soup, and set up house for Christmas Eve dinner with the local family-B&SIL and their children. Then to bed for a long winter's nap.

Wishing all here all joy and happiness tonight and wide-eyed wonderment tomorrow morning. It is my privilege and pleasure to count you all as my friends. Merry Christmas.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

CC C.
on 12/24/19 10:07 am

Happy Christmas Eve to all my friends! Peps, has Christmas thrown up all over your house yet?

I'm thinking I'll go to the movies today. I don't have any other plans (I'll see my dad and his wife tomorrow), so it seems like a good way to spend part of the day. But first a quick walk of Ferg (well not quick because he walks slow!)

Down a total of 7 as of today. 26.4 from the top of my range.

I'm off to it. To all of you who celebrate today, I hope you have a wonderful time!

Peps
on 12/24/19 12:11 pm

Merry, merry to all!

As always, whether I am well or ill prepared, Christmas has arrived! This year I am rather ill prepared and while I feel a slight twinge of embarrassment about not getting my brother and SIL their gifts in a timely manner, I don't care one lick about not having the things the way we usually do.

Our new living room rug arrived yesterday. It is a 9x13 "working" rug. I grew up with handmade and antique Persian rugs. My first rug purchase as adult was a beautiful handmade Persian rug. However, since going deep and heavy into the whole dog thing, "nice" things have gone by the wayside for obvious reasons (think puppy havoc). Rugs now need to be well made, sturdy and easily washable and should they, Heaven forbid, be victim to puppy teething be inexpensive enough so that Ron does not lose his sanity. Anyhow, with the new rug and the new to us furniture, our living room reminds me of a New York apartment on the upper west side now - richly eclectic! It's so warm and cozy filled with leather and wood and jewel tones. Sigh....

I must be off to make the traditional onion soup for Christmas Eve.

Liz, you and DH are in my thoughts and prayers especially today.

I love you all and thank you for being a daily part of my journey. You all do mean so very, very much to me.

Merry Christmas, Shel! I hope you are able to envelope Reed with your love and spirit a little more strongly than usual these next few days.

BB, give my best to your Grandmommy, cuz I know she's going to be with you this Christmas.

DiamondD
on 12/24/19 12:33 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Happy Christmas Eve! I think the house is ready to party tonight, and I did not have a meltdown. There are things I just have to let go, and remind myself that my guests expect some food, my rum cake, and some wine. Back in the day, I sewed matching Christmas curtains, tablecloths and tea towels for my kitchen. I recovered old lampshades in Christmas fabric for the living room. I made ice luminaries with cranberries in them for the walkway. That was a different time, and I'm mostly okay with having to let those things go.

I'm going to get ready for Mass here in a few minutes. What I'm really looking forward to: after the guests who are not spending the night leave, I will be relaxing in the outdoor hot tub with some processo. Merry Christmas indeed!

We are all in so many different places tonight, both physically, and emotionally. Peace to those who are struggling with loss, and may we all find joy in even in small and unexpected ways.

VSGAnn2014
on 12/24/19 1:30 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

I send my love and gratitude to each of you this Christmas Eve for your unflagging support and friendship. I treasure you.

Soon I'll drive for an hour to my sister's family's Christmas Eve dinner and gift-opening. The little kids' presents and stuffed penguins have all been wrapped. I'm taking envelopes of cash for the older kids and adults for whom I didn't have time to shop. Thank goodness, I've never seen anyone sad to receive cash at Christmas.

No food prep here ... I'm taking wine instead.

My weight this morning was 143.6. Tomorrow I will dial up My Fitness Pal and get back to work. So happy to be home for the next few months. It's time after two wonderful vacations to get back to a healthy lifestyle. I'm looking forward to it. :)

Santa is already on his long trip around the world. If anyone deserves full stockings and their wishes to come true, it's y'all ... you are some of the kindest, dearest people I know.

Love,

Ann

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Peps
on 12/24/19 4:04 pm

Christmas has thrown up at Kairk House in the last 8 hours. Pictures are the proof. Never let it be said that Ron and I don't work well under pressure!

Oh, and I cooked and got dinner ready for tonight, too! Not bad for having only a barely decorated tree when we went to bed. Ta da!!!!!

Now to wrap and bag!

ShirlAus
on 12/24/19 4:22 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Your place looks gorgeous Peps x