VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Thursday January 2,...

Thursday January 2, 2020

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/2/20 2:24 am, edited 1/2/20 2:31 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 135.4 (up .2, but since I ate clean yesterday and weighing was 3 hours earlier today I'm not worried..). You know, it feels good not being afraid to weigh again. And to have that one aspect of control right now.

It is 5:25 am, and I have been up since 3:30 am (in bed at 7 pm last night). I arrived at DH's facility to let DS go home just after 4. They finally got the meds right for DH (back the way they were at the hospital when we left). DH is so peaceful. The people here are sweet and helpful. Though we have to get in the car to get here, it is only 5 minutes away, the room is cozy and quiet, and having good, caring help right here is such a plus. I'm glad DH is here and not at home (and not the hospital). If he stays like this, I will discontinue the 1:1 after tonight. This is day 3 or 4 without any liquid or food intake. The hospice nurse said all of DH's fat stores are depleted (since he was slim to begin with). So he has a few days to maybe 2 weeks probably. I just want him peaceful for his remaining days so he can slip from sleep to death. I talked to the kids about the timing for their Dad, which they expected but still is tough to hear. DS is here of course, but I wanted the DDs to have the opportunity to see him one last time if they wanted to. I called the priest DH knew for 25 years yesterday and today I need to call the funeral home. I started to draft the obituary. So strange to be doing this now, though I am so glad that it didn't linger on as DH's life quality had gotten so poor. One last comment about this topic. I feel that it is important that no one feel pressured to "pay their last respects" either while DH is alive or afterwards. We all have our own way of grieving and remembering and that is okay. I know that DH and a couple of his family members had this thing about forcing people to be present when they were clearly uncomfortable but I don't think that is right.

I like the idea of words to set the tone for the New Year. At this moment, the word is Peace. But maybe in a few months it will be something like Restart/Renew/Revive...

Two days to Paula's wedding. As always, love you all!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

ocean4dlm
on 1/2/20 2:44 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15
  1. Within Range: 6 over
  2. General Wellbeing: 9
  3. 10,000+ Steps: YES
  4. Fitness: walking
  5. Self-Care: scheduled mani-pedi
  6. Fun: working on 2020 intentions and goals

Down another pound ! Go blue !! Sitting down in my office to work on 2020 intention and goals quickly led to a thorough reorganization of the top of my desk and bookshelves. A picture is worth 1000 words. Feels sooo much better !

I love DD's idea of creating a collage of our 2020 intention/resolution words. As Liz indicated, this is a living, breathing concept that can change to better serve us. Here's what I've captured so far:

Ceci: Equilibrium

Leap: Vertical

Ann: Forward

Liz: Peace

BB: Adapt

DD: Thrive

Ocean: Tenacious

Miss 150: Graphic F*$@! off. I've got magical stuff to do.

I went back and forth between resilient and tenacious. Resilience continues to be a guiding concept, but I lost some of my JFDI commitment multiple times in 2019. Upon introspection, I believe tenacity (to move beyond the obstacle/challenge) is the missing link for me.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/2/20 3:04 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I like resilience a lot too. It think it fits most of us in the tribe at many times!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Miss150
on 1/2/20 11:55 am

Seeing the intention/resolution words pulled together makes for a set of wonderfully (and I think, yes, doable-attainable) states of being. Thanks for pulling them together.

And...just so's you can feel really, Really good about your spiffy, clean, organized desktop---Behold mine (imagine trying to get something done on that surface)

CC C.
on 1/2/20 1:54 pm

Creativity is rarely tidy!

VSGAnn2014
on 1/2/20 3:19 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 141.8
Veggies/Fruits:
Macronutrients: Cals - 1,765, Carbs - 208, Fats - 51, Protein - 109, Fiber - 60
Green SmartPoints: 38 (boy, calories really do go up when weekly points get used!)

Water: 2
Sleep: 5 ¼ hours
Exercise: Sun salutations (10") and 5,487 steps

This morning after yoga class I'll join WW at a "studio" in town that meets twice weekly. And yes, that's indeed a high-falutin' name for a Weigh****chers meeting, eh?

Yesterday I decided to use some weekly points (for bread, cheese, wine), and boy, did it ratchet up the calories. But that's sort of the point of my doing WW--to practice moderating some of my trigger foods. I also don't mind weighing a little extra this morning at my first WW weigh-in.

I'm still futzing with my 2020 intentions, goals, and plans. It's getting clearer and, I hope, simpler.

DianeO ... your office looks great; I hope all your other cleanup went well. You are such an organized person when chao****s. After the apocalypse, I think YOU should be in charge. :)

Liz, I so admire how you're dealing with DH's passing. And I agree 100% about the need to allow each person to determine how they need to say goodbye. I've learned much about grief these last two years and continue to learn.

My wonderful Whirlpool washer/dryer duo is going strong after 16 years. I hope they never stop. And yes, I've also been told by plumbers that today's new W/Ds are designed and built for early obsolescence.

There's no musical theme this morning, because I can't find much popular music about January or about winter that isn't Christmas music. BTW, I love watching the seasons change out here in the country where the changes are noticeable. For instance, it's fun to see the winter sun rising just a few degrees farther east every week.

No matter what's on our plates, let's have a good day, my friends.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

CC C.
on 1/2/20 9:22 am

Nothing of value to add today. Just saying hello and wishing everyone a good day!

Love everyone's words!

DiamondD
on 1/2/20 3:52 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Saying hello is valuable all on its own, hello to you and Ferg also.

CC C.
on 1/2/20 4:03 pm

Thanks, DD!

Peps
on 1/2/20 10:44 am

Today is a busy day... Drop off furniture at school, vet appointments, new washer and dryer arrive.

I do not find anything to envy in my new washer and dryer. I hate, loathe, detest, and despise spending significant sums of money on such non sexy items. Decent machines have gone way up in price over the past decade, too!

I do not have a word for 2020. I have never thought about a word for the year, but I will mull it over and let you all know.

I looked at WW again last night, but was un motivated to enter my billing information. LOL! I really must get on with it. Boooooo!

Can't remember who is THRIVE this year, but let's all have a THRIVING THURSDAY!