VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Saturday, 10/11/202...

Saturday, 10/11/2020

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/11/20 4:22 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 134.2, which I haven't been since June 6 just before I left for Aruba. I'll weigh higher at WW this morning with clothes, but I'm pretty happy with my weight this morning.

Quick post, as I am leaving for the WW meeting shortly and after that for central Massachusetts to order the cake for the luncheon, order flowers, meet DD for lunch, drop the urns off at the funeral home, then shop with DD for funeral clothes. SIL is coming with me (after the WW meeting).

I did nothing yesterday afternoon other than prepare a few pictures. I needed to do nothing.

Have a good Saturday - it is 55 degrees here, getting up to 60 today!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/11/20 4:43 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I just weighed at WW - it showed minus .2 from last week but my unclothed weight was minus .6. I guess my jeans weigh .4 more than my leggings!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

ocean4dlm
on 1/11/20 4:47 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15
  1. Within Range: 8 over
  2. Blue SmartPoints: 23 plus 10 weekly points
  3. General Wellbeing: 7
  4. Fitness:
  5. Self-Care:
  6. Fun:

I am not happy with myself, and I am missing Shel terribly. My weight is fluctuating 5-6 pounds due to lymphedema and general water retention issues (and too many carbs). I am starting to want to ostrich about my weight and the accountability of weighing in at a studio is clearly needed. Liz, they told me they couldn't connect my membership from 10ish years ago to this one. I am below that goal weight and could benefit $$ from maintaining at goal. Going to my first studio Wednesday.

DC has decided to have his other hip done in March. His surgeon released him for the pool yesterday (hip incision totally healed), so that is a good thing. They will continue his PT right up until surgery, both recovering from first surgery and preparing for second. I talked to him about doing WW with me, but he wants to try Nutrisystem. It's like talking to a wall.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/11/20 5:01 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Maybe if you try another person or another studio? I hadn't been at WW for 15 years so I wasn't going to pu**** but they said once lifetime, always lifetime and connected it up! They are actually questioning my current goal weight because it is 15 pounds lower than it used to be (I'd be free now if I stuck with my old one). I decided to stick with the newer one for incentive.

CC C.
on 1/11/20 9:39 am

Oh Diane! I've been thinking about you! I worry that you're struggling when you go quiet because that's what I do too. You know you're amazing right? No ostriching! Facing things head on is always better than ignoring. And we always know the truth somewhere inside whether we have the data of the scale to back it u*****t. But a small change in behaviors we don't like can make all the difference in how we feel regardless of what the scale says. Maybe try contacting a WW person through the app for help connecting your new membership to the old?

VSGAnn2014
on 1/11/20 5:38 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Real fast post right now. Weight this morning was 141.2.

We had a big storm here last night and the Wi-Fi Isn't working. I'm posting on my phone using data.

Hip-hop class last night was great. I'm going back next week too. It's fabulous exercise!

Be back later.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

VSGAnn2014
on 1/11/20 7:20 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 141.2
Veggies/Fruits: 3
Macronutrients: Cals - 1,367, Carbs - 107, Fats - 25, Protein - 120, Fiber - 10
Green SmartPoints: 30

Water: 2 cups
Sleep: 6'30"
Exercise: 10,925 steps

Yea! Internet's back up. Big storms here late last night with tornado warnings issued and time spent down in the basement.

I had so few veggies and fruits yesterday because I had sashimi for lunch and for dinner. An odd eating day, but OK.

Liz, congrats on being in the 134 realm again. That's my goal. :)

DianeO, I'm really sorry your lymphedema is acting up. I have absolutely no help to offer, since I know nothing about how one manages that situation. I too wish Shel were here to help you out. I'm also sorry to hear that you have to go through another hip surgery with DH. That's a LOT of caregiving to deliver in a short period of time. I sure hope it gives him (and you!) a good result.

As my earlier post said, dance class last night was really worth the trouble of going into town. FTR, I suck so bad at hip hop! But I can't get any worse and am likely to get better ... if I practice, which I plan to do. The wild thing is that 45 minutes of dancing, which wasn't all that vigorous since it was my first night, burned almost 300 calories (per MFP), and I wound up with 3,500 steps more than I'd have clocked if I hadn't gone to class. And I got to dance! I'm starting to wonder how many DIFFERENT ways I could get exercise throughout the week.

Finally, today I'm going to ignore (as much as I can) the fact that it's the second anniversary of my husband's death. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Forward!

P.S. Oh, and I'm wearing fake nails for the first time in my life. Six bucks at Walmart. It's tough typing, but they do look good. ;)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Paula1965
on 1/11/20 9:29 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Good morning friends! Oh how I have missed you!

I have read bits and pieces from the last week or so of posts. Interesting that many of you have joined the WW movement. I have always thought it was a good program and know some patient's that have had great success with it but have never tried it myself! I certainly need to get back on track myself. I don't even weight daily (gasp!) but am around 154 clothed. 20-25 lbs more than I would like to be. Too much eating out, alcohol and not enough moving! Both Kevin and I are motivated to make some changes and get rid of our soft middles! He is a huge snacker which doesn't help me (monkey see, monkey do) and out main form of entertainment is going out to eat! Thankfully my sleeve still gives me restriction and I can't consume too much at a time, but that doesn't stop some poor food choices and too much snacking between meals. I need to get in the habit of tracking again, that is always an eye opener!

Liz, my heart goes out to you. This initial mourning period is tough. Heck, it is still tough. I cried as I changed my FB name from Arbaugh to Weber and just yesterday I missed my exit for work (by a long shot) because I was reliving the final hours of Ben's life in my mind.

Diane, like you, I am still grieving the loss of Shel too! She sure made an impact on our little world here and in the big world too!

Love to you all!

Paula

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/11/20 2:09 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Paula, So nice to hear from you. Seeing your live evolving and expanding gives me hope. And you looked absolutely gorgeous in your wedding dress.

Yeah, 20-25 used to be nothing but in our post-VSG days it feels wrong. I like the accountability of WW especially the weekly weigh-ins because I needed to feel in control of some aspect of my life while DH was going downhill (and I happened to need to lose weight). I'm actually not eating differently that I did in my pre-gain time for meals, but find that I am adjusting snacks to fit WW points and in some ways I think they are more satisfying. And I have cut back on wine which is a good thing in many ways. The last few weeks, I have been having coffee before my meal when I go out and that works pretty well while others are having ****tails.

CC C.
on 1/11/20 2:17 pm

Weight 199. The ramen didn't hurt me!

Knitting brunch is now behind me and I could have done worse. I had a lot of fruit, a small slice of veggie frittata, 2 slices of bacon, a bit of spinach salad and the splurge was a little homemade pastry. The hostess also has a card making business so she had us make cards to take home. Very cute. I imagine it's an offshoot of all the scrapbooking people used to do, but maybe more useful? Her craft room was amazing. Fun and very little knitting done as always!

So smooth food sailing in the week ahead unless impromptu plans crop up.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Hugs all around!