VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Sunday, January 19 ...

Sunday, January 19 2020

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/19/20 5:15 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 132.4, WW points 36. There was wine involved in those points so I expect an uptick in weight tomorrow (I'm probably a little dehydrated). Last night was the last big family dinner for a bit I think as the Oregon contingent is leaving today.

It is warmer today (40's) so I want to get Justice out for a walk before we go to the Memorial Celebration for our friend who died. Nice pictures at the wake yesterday including several with my DH. I'll get another wearing out of the dress I bought for DH's wake today.

Enjoy Sunday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 1/19/20 6:36 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 141.4
Veggies/Fruits: 7
Macronutrients: Cals - 2,053, Carbs - 193, Fats - 93, Protein - 105, Fiber - 38
Green SmartPoints: 54 (yup, you read that right!)

Water: ZERO!
Sleep: 6.5 hours
Exercise: Yoga@home (30") and 9,813 steps

Despite the 2K+ calories eaten yesterday, I'm pleased with what I invited, encountered, and did. I certainly didn't lose any weight, but on various self-care fronts I did so much better than I might otherwise have done and HAVE done in the past. To wit, I:

• Took myself alone to the theater and saw a GREAT movie!
  • Smuggled Skinny Pop Popcorn into the theater instead of eating movie popcorn)
  • Then went to an art gallery to see some paintings by an excellent local artist
  • Then went to the college basketball game with friends to see a yoga buddy inducted into the local college athletic hall of fame
  • Then went to my favorite brew pub and had a single drink with friends
  • Came home and ate a late albeit healthy dinner
  • Still got 6.5 hours of good sleep

This 2020 goal I have of learning how to eat trigger foods without being triggered to binge eat, is very, very important to me. It may seem silly to say that 2K+ calories on a long, social Saturday is a "win," but it really feels like it to me. Not to mention that such a long, social Saturday is also a win for me--in that I'm learning to find more sociability and entertainment closer to home, as well as on another continent or the high seas.

BTW, a big bag of Skinny Pop Popcorn is worth 660 calories, 66 carbs, 44 fats and 23 WW points. You're welcome. ;) And nobody died.

And yesterday's movie ... OH EM GEE! 1917 is one helluva film! I had no idea at all that it was filmed the way it was. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then just go see the movie and please see it in the theater, not on a small screen so you can have your own OH EM GEE! reaction. Aside from that bit, it's an incredibly powerful movie in so very many different ways. Surely, it will win the 2020 Academy Award.

I have so many other things I could talk about today, but they can wait. I want to hear what's going on with y'all.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

DiamondD
on 1/19/20 10:21 am, edited 1/19/20 2:22 am
VSG on 06/13/12

I am drinking chai latte and reading the Sunday paper, one of my very favorite activities.

We've lived in our house for almost 33 years. The flooring in the kitchen, dining room and living room have been updated once from our builder grade carpet and vinyl. DH is now beginning the prep to lay hardwood in the foyer, kitchen, dining room. Living room will have to wait a bit more. Last spring, we started buying a box of the hardwood with each paychec****il we had enough. We have x amount of discretionary money and tend to spend it traveling, and I am 100% okay with that, but I'm looking forward to the update here. There is shabby chic and there is just shabby. We are falling into the latter category :)

Spent some time on more NYC travel plans. So far 12 people are meeting us there, a few more are considering. DH found a great deal on Trivago for the Warwick Hotel, everyone is staying there. My bff is a single, but she very graciously booked a double room and offered to host our young adult children. As our itinerary firms up, I'm getting more and more excited!

Tonight I'm meeting some friends for dinner, it's my only social outing for the weekend, besides hanging out with DH when he gets home from work.

Tomorrow is teacher workshop day. We do have one activity, a student panel is going to present to the staff about what it is really like to be a student at our high school. Wow, courageous kids. We might hear some things we don't know, maybe didn't really want to know, but need to know. They belong to an organization called Student Voices, which was formed to give diverse groups of students a forum.

Peps
on 1/19/20 3:36 pm

I do hope you will report back on what the students present to the faculty/staff at your building/school site. I'm keenly interested to read what they present.

VSGAnn2014
on 1/20/20 3:11 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Me, too ... I'd like to hear their feedback.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

ShirlAus
on 1/19/20 12:10 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All - Back at our city house and starting the working week. Got up early to get some chores done before starting. Second load of washing is on

Weight 171.16 - up a bit but not unexpected as I had my aunts 80th yesterday and ate a late snack for dinner - And there was a slice of cake too

Have some appointments after work today. Planning on making a steak pie for dinner with mash n veg. Nothing really that exciting. Been feeling a little flat of late ..... cant pinpoint it but will shake it off soon I guess

Love to you all x

S

Peps
on 1/19/20 12:26 pm

Well, here it is Sunday. I slept in quite late (after getting up to feed puppies and let dogs out, of course). I did not get up for the day until after 9:00 am!

David, please explain the sale of the Airstream! That is a ridiculously low price for an Airstream (at least in CA). Where will you and DW reside once the trailer is sold? I do not ever see myself doing the "Little House" living full time. Did it finally become too confining for you? I find sometimes that my 1450 sq. foot house can be a little tight at times and we don't have children (dogs do not count here, in this situation....).

Hosted the puppy party here yesterday. It was my first winter puppy party. It was LOUD with everyone inside. We did take the top 4 pups outside for a bit to see them run around, but it was a *****illy to stay out for too long. Upper 40s in shirtsleeves .... Brrrrr..... Hey for CA that's brisk! Anyhow, its was nice to have my picks confirmed by other breeders. I have 4 nice show pups in this litter and 2 more that could be shown, but it's not necessary. They will be super wonderful house dogs and loved pets.

Food, eating, emotional state.... all seem to be clicking over the positive side once again. I really do wish I could get a handle on this "I'm not good enough to deserve...." thought process. It is downright debilitating when it takes hold. It's no wonder when I start rolling those tapes that I find comfort in food. Even though the thinking is warped, it is a way to feel good in the moment. I need to come to some type of truce with myself so I can reckon my thinking around what a CAN be, rather than what I SHOULD be or am SUPPOSED to be to be worthy of the love and affection of others and myself. I wish, too, that I could understand why my own self worth is wrapped up in what I think others' perception of me is. It makes so little sense on an intellectual, logical level, but has to be based in very strong, grounded emotional beliefs.

What little weight I did lose the first week of WW came back pretty quickly this week, but no more than those 3 pounds. I can live with that.

Well, I guess that's it for now. Perhaps I will check in on and off throughout the day... I have an easy day ahead with lots of leisure time.

LeapSecond
on 1/19/20 8:03 pm - AR

The qualifier is CA. You can pick these up needing remodel from $3-5K around here. Banks loan values don't increase much. So if someone buys one they usually have cash. We had planned to live in it a year to a year and a half. I think this is almost 3 years. We had 2200 sq ft in Alaska the went to 1200 sq ft in our now rental house and are looking to build 5-600 sq ft here by the shop. Maybe this summer if I can get my body to cooperate.
the Airstream let us know we needed a full regular bath. Beds in the bedroom and recliner in the living room. That will keep me out of the shop when I wake up in pain in the wee hours of the morning. A kitchen with a regular stove and dishwasher. We found you can go too little. This is what we are looking to build except 14x40 saltbox. I need projects for my mental health. This is a good project. It will belong to my DS#1. His land, trees, windows and who knows what else.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

LeapSecond
on 1/19/20 8:09 pm - AR

When I had knee replacement I knew I needed to be close to a regular bathroom. I got our beds out of storage and put them in the back of the shop. We are living in the shop now. Every cabinetmakers dream. Every cabinetmaker's spouses nightmare. I have rearranged the dust collector to just shoot the dust outside. So cleaner inside. Works for now.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/20/20 4:21 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I love this design (I do like small spaces too).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!