VSG Maintenance Group

Tuesday 2/11/20

brownblonde
on 2/11/20 3:46 am, edited 2/11/20 4:05 am

I've missed you guys!

Weight: around 161.4! Feeling pretty good about that but wanting to kick it into high gear. The difference between low 160s and mid-high 160s makes or breaks it for me. And I'm really happy about 150s. I attribute my easier maintenance right now to the extra steps I do being home with babies instead of sedentary at a desk.

I joined the pricey gym only to promptly quit it within the 7 day cancellation trial window. I went to use it--got both girls ready (which is A LOT of work) only to find out there's almost never walk-in space for babies under one. It's all call-ahead (they had told me this but made it sound more like an option than an absolute necessity). Once she's older than 1 it's normal dropoff. For those prices it needs to be convenient above all else! So maybe when Charlotte is one. But I've now rejoined the gym that stole my money. I know, I know. Well...they did give it back! But it's like 5 minutes from my house. And 1/3 the price. And I know it. So hoping those factors will help me get my butt there.

On the baby front can you guys believe that I have a 23 month old today? That is the last time, probably ever, i can describe her in terms of months!! And Charlotte is growing faster than Becca! She's cruising and crawling at the speed of light. I think she'll walk before 1, but I've thought this before. Y

Yesterday I hosted a Valentine's day playdate. Wow my day. Told in a part venting, part comedic tone. Be forewarned that there is a lot of bodily fluids in this so skip if you have weak stomach!!: I spent Oscars night and yesterday morning getting ready for this playdate. I decorated for Valentine's, picked up, made goodies. Charlotte woke up twice during the night (which she never does anymore). So not a lot of sleep and up early. When I walked into bedroom to take a shower, I step in clearly dog pee in the carpet. Clean up. 20 minutes before our guests arrive, Becca walks into the kitchen and threw up. What to do?!!! I could cancel but honestly it would probably result in turning people away at doorstep since it's a facebook thing and I don't have all their numbers and they might already be on the way. So I decided maybe it was a one-off thing, she wasn't running a fever. (ultimately this looks to have been the wrong decision). Playdate went well especially, surprisingly, the valentine-making (they loved the stickers!). Put girls down for nap. Discover pee in back hall despite having put dog outside!! When did this happen? Did others see it?!! Grr. Becca gets up from nap and has puked again. Put bedding in for wash and on way to washer discover more pee. Was that there before? Grrr. Baby wakes up. Try to keep both of them calm while handling dinner prep. Decide to do bath night solo so that it's nicer when Rich gets in. Ha. Right after I get Charlotte out of tub, Becca poops in it. Haaalp!! I have one baby half-dressed, one toddler wet and cold who need to bathe in a new bath downstairs. But somehow I manage that. Put Charlotte into swing while Becca bathes in our bath. Snuggle up and sing songs while waiting for dad to get home. Awwww. Until Becca vomits all over me, herself, the carpet, the couch, the pillows. At this point I finally freak. Obviously I have to shower. I try to grab charlotte without dirtying her. Put her back in bouncer and shower with Becca. Finally Rich gets home to help put bedding back on crib, clean up throwup, clean up poop bath. It was a long yucky process. we sit down to enjoy dinner. He discovers poop on dog's butt. What a day.

I have never quite had anything like that! It's like a rite of passage I guess.

This dog. I can't handle. It's too much. Especially with a baby crawling on the floor. And I let her out numerous times yesterday.

Thank God I'd made dinner ahead. Instant pot beef burgundy.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/11/20 4:28 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

So good to see you here BB and congrats on the weight drop! You are in the thick of it with the girls (and dog). It is truly a stressful time but goes fast (think how fast almost 2 years has gone). I remember how almost every Mom with young kids thinks that it is so overwhelming at times. The constant work obviously drops off as they get older, but bigger kids bigger problems (think about the nonsense that some teenagers get into sometimes). But you've got this! You are doing a phenomenal job as a Mom!

Weight 129.8, WW bluepoints 10. A lot of those points were zero foods including a very large dessert last night of cooked apples and 0% Fage Greek yogurt. So I think the weight is fairly true as I am not dehydrated (drank a lot of water yesterday) and I didn't go to the bathroom this morning before weighing as I often do.

Yesterday we didn't do much but did go to the pool for a bit and walked with Justice next to the river nearby. It was very hot in the sun when the breeze wasn't blowing. But I slept nice and heavy last night after very little sleep the night before.

Today I want to go to the beach mid-day bringing a packed lunch. Then back in time for yoga at 4.

Enjoy your day!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

LeapSecond
on 2/11/20 8:58 am - AR

I have to say you made me laugh with all the body fluids. I might also suggest that with 2 babies it might not be dog pee in the carpet. 2 yr olds are all about body function discovery. I think 2 years old are my favorite age before they are able to clean up after themself. I have been blessed as a nurse as body fluids do not bother me much. The goo in the sink trap drain will make me gag every time. We all have our own kryptonite.

I made a little helper stool yesterday. Cut it down and finished it today. Adalyn loves to watch me in the kitchen. She is difficult to hold because she is always leaning to grab something else. The stool lets her see and keeps her away from so many objects she can not have.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

brownblonde
on 2/11/20 9:00 am

We use Becca's stool in her bathroom every day and actually just yesterday I decided to move Charlotte's stool (which she cannot quite yet use) to the downstairs bathroom so Becca can stand to wash her hands there too! We love them thank you again!

CC C.
on 2/11/20 1:27 pm

Weight 190.2 Ooh, so close to leaving the 190s, though I likely just jinxed myself. 184 would be the top end of a normal BMI for my height.

After a bad night sleep due to wind and panting dog, I had an early morning hair appt. I do hate the way she styles my hair, so after a quick lunch, I am going to fix it (and take another shower as she cut it short and I have little needle hairs itching me everywhere). Then a dog walk. Such an exciting live I do lead!

BB, your day sounds hilarious and awful all at once!

VSGAnn2014
on 2/11/20 2:48 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

My Wi-Fi is down today, so this will be a quickie. This morning my scale said 137.6 pounds, which is only 2 pounds from my goal weight, by which I mean the high end of my range.

All is good here on the range. I will be chattier tomorrow. :-)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

DiamondD
on 2/11/20 4:35 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Oh Bonnie, what a day! One of our better throw up stories: We were having a party when son, about 6 I think, tells me he's sick, and wants to go in my room for a minute. So we're in my room discussing what's wrong, when I realize he's about to throw up. Of course on my bed are about 25 coats, because, winter in Minnesota. He is seconds from nailing all the coats, when I grab him and toss him to the floor. He is offended, but almost 20 years later, I'm not sorry. I'm cleaning up, and word reaches the guests son has thrown up, and everyone is gathering up their kids and bidding us a hasty goodbye. Cleared the house out in about 15 minutes. No long goodbyes by the door.

Another work day in the bag, more of the same tomorrow When I got home I tackled one of the more loathsome tasks, taking the 7 pound package of ground beef and breaking it down into separate freezer ready 1pound packages. But having replenished my sta****'s easier to get dinner going. Tonight, tacos.

Peps
on 2/11/20 8:44 pm

Either OH ate my post from this morning or I failed to hit submit. Either way... OOPS!

Well, not going to rewrite it all at this point.

BB - my money is on Becca not the dog.... Just sayin'.... I have my own peeing on the rug story from my toddler-hood! LOL! Thus my predisposition to believe it's Becca...