VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday February 17,...

Monday February 17, 2020

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/17/20 4:37 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 129.2, WW blue points 10. Lest you think I'm not eating, I have just shifted a lot of things to zero point foods (though I try not to overdo on them). My goal of staying under 130 this week achieved so far.

I finished my new patio table yesterday and we walked on the bridge across the Peace River between Port Charlotte and ***** Gorda. Nice views and a good breeze but the road noise bothered me so we won't do that again. We did do about 1/3 of our walk off the bridge and next to the river which was much more pleasant.

Today we are kayaking with friends down the Myakka River, then going out to lunch. SIL is coming (because she says yes to others plans maybe because if she says no she will have to do something else?). She is nervous because she has never done it. I have kayaks on Cape Cod that we wheel down to the pond but she never wanted to try it there perhaps because staying home was an option. The first time I kayaked was probably 15-20 years ago here in Florida.

Oh and don't laugh but I'm now one of those dog "parents" who has a dog stroller. I bought a small one that folds up like an umbrella stroller. I don't plan to use it for walking outside and would never take my dog to outdoor fairs like others. I got it to use when we are out in the car for a walk further away and need to stop and pick up something at a store. It will allow me to take Justice inside and not have to leave him in the hot car. That has been an issue several times where I have to forego the stop because of Justice. But I used to say I would NEVER have a dog stroller. LOL!

Enjoy your Monday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 2/17/20 6:06 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Liz ... LOL! The things we said we'd never do, eh? For me, it's getting cosmetic surgery. Here's to changing our minds more often.

BTW, your activity levels seem to have shot up since you got to Florida--walks, kayaking trips, dancing!

And to your point about points ... this morning I took a closer look at my WW-related stats through the prism of what I weigh on my scale on WW weigh-in day (not on the WW scales). Turns out that in 6.5 weeks I've lost 6.4 pounds, which is what I was hoping for (a pound a week). But what's just as obvious is that the more weekly points I have left, the faster I lose weight. Of course, I assumed that, but looking at the graph is incredibly convincing.

And now my quiet winter post ... last night I took two Tylenol PMs and got a lot of sleep, but I am indeed a little groggy this morning.

Old People Problems: And in other news, this morning I woke up with a sore, slightly swollen middle left toe. Yesterday morning I noticed that the top of my left foot was itching (a bite of some kind?), so I put anti-itch ointment on it. All day yesterday I never thought about it again, but this morning when I got out of bed, the toe was sore and swollen. I can walk on it, but it's noticeably uncomfortable. I'm going to see the doc this afternoon because toes are important, and I want this one well ASAP!

It's very foggy this morning, and the forecast for the next few days is drippy and cloudy.

Nothing else going on here so far. I'll be reading fast and furious this week to finish The Weight of Ink by Rachel Kadish before a book club meeting on Thursday. I am loving the book, but boy, does it require looking up a lot of new words and researching historical events. How in the world did most people understand the books they were reading pre-internet?

Have a good Monday, y'all.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/17/20 10:56 am, edited 2/17/20 3:01 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Me too on cosmetic surgery. I always said never. Then I lost 104 pounds, had jowls like a bloodhound and hangover belly skin. Once that was gone, the eyes looked terribly droopy. And now I'm hating my back fat...

BTW, SIL didn't go kayaking. She was nervous and because she was a beginner they weren't thrilled to have her come. Probably for the best - it was 3 hours peddling upstream so I'm not sure she would have the stamina. I'm tired but stayed up in front so the organizer said she'd be happy for me to join any of their paddles.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

CC C.
on 2/17/20 10:16 am

189.2 Official WW weight today. Just 1.6 down this week, but better than a sharp stick in the eye

I went to an event at the library yesterday with my book club. 6 bestselling authors talking about their books. It was lots of fun and we got a few books to bring home. There were hors d'oeuvres and desserts and I abstained.

Off to the movies today with the-friend-I'm-tapering-off-being-friends-with. I also need to go to the grocery store at some point. Otherwise, status quo here.

Liz, the other day I was in the park and there was a woman with one of those dog strollers, except she had a huge bunny in hers. Stopped me in my tracks for sure! Can you imagine how big a stroller I'd need for 90 lb Ferg??

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/17/20 11:00 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

????

CC C.
on 2/17/20 11:15 am

Well now I've seen everything!

DiamondD
on 2/17/20 10:54 am
VSG on 06/13/12

I never had a stroller for my pets, but I did have a cat harness and leash for my first cat, Flavio. He was not a fan. My cousin has a stroller for her rabbit, Dexter.

It's still the weekend for me, yeah! But today I do need to be a little more focused and do some laundry, and grocery shopping. It's been very relaxing, and I've slept so so much. Feels great! And bonus, it will be a short week when I do go to work on Tuesday.

Peps
on 2/17/20 11:15 am

First world problems - doggy strollers - for sure! LOL! Actually, your logic is quite sound. I am not a fan of the strollers in general because they are used to the detriment of the dog, but in Justice's case, I have to applaud your resourcefulness! Is it legal to bring dogs in strollers in a grocery store in FL? It is not in CA. People do it, but the store can kick them out, if they want.

Ann, I can see why you would have been anti cosmetic surgery in your day - nothing to "fix". I, however, started early! LOL! I have had 3 and have no regrets. The first was medical and completely covered by insurance. The other two were by choice and absolutely done for vanity. As a matter of fact, I have been contemplating having a little touch up done on my hair. I have a few places where it has thinned that really bug me. A WLS friend once said to me when I was at goal weight, "OMG! You were FAT and BALD? That must have been really horrible!" Gee.... um.... Thanks???? And yes, she was dead serious. It wasn't a joke.

Question of the day: Should my focus be on weight loss or on sugar abstention or both? I have searched for science based answers for this question, but I can not find real data to support a definitive answer. I have found a lot of anecdotal answers from nutritional/health/fitness/weight loss gurus. For me the most difficult thing is navigating sugared foods in my daily life. Cutting out the sugar would cut out a boat load of calories, too. I'm guessing there is really no right answer, but it is worthy of discussion and seeking in put.

Being an addiction prone individual the idea of facing daily life without sugar is very similar to how it felt contemplating saying goodbye to cigarettes. I use sugared foods very much like I did cigarettes. I am terribly embarrassed to admit that I feel great sadness and mild panic at not having the freedom to grab at chocolate or a baked piece of deliciousness that presents itself. I'm also afraid about how my cross addiction will present itself. Post WLS I spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on clothes that I did not need, but sure wanted! The many suits still hang in the closet as a reminder of my once ideal size. The shirts and jeans have long been donated, but I can't seem to part with the dreadfully expensive suits. And believe me, some of them were not cheap. I am hoping to concentrate my cross over addiction to something like working out, but honestly my cross over addictions tend not to lean toward the positive. I've also thought about trying to be a nut burger on my macros, but that hasn't worked in the past, so I don't think it will work all that well now either.

A promise was made to myself about making more changes than just the food and eating. I know I must change some of my after school behaviors. Ron uses the TV to brain drain. The TV is usually on from the time he gets home until it's bed time. That is a crazy maker for me - especially since we have Tivo and he can PAUSE the TV while he's doing something on line with his iPad. I sit with my laptop and waste lots of time on Facebook. I find it difficult to read with the TV on. I also become passive aggressive in my thinking because of Ron's device habits. It goes like this, "Well, if he's sitting there entertaining himself why should I get up and do stuff and be productive? Where is the fairness in that?" That thinking is illogical, I know. That is why I know a behavior change is in order.

Believe it, or not, with all the seriousness this morning, I am in a very good and positive mood. I am scared about making changes that upset my addictive comfort level, but I am going to do my level best to focus on positive outcomes from the discomfort of the changes.

Now to research WW green!

Happy Presidents Day Peeps!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/17/20 11:21 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You would be AMAZED at where people bring dogs here, including restaurants with their heads on the table sometimes. Not right for the dog or humans IMO. But yes, they seem to be accepted in any store (including grocery) in a stroller. Some people put really tiny dogs in the grocery store basket in the front...

VSGAnn2014
on 2/17/20 12:46 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Devon, I don't have an opinion about what you should focus on, e.g., shunning sugar vs. weight loss. This sounds to me like a topic best addressed with your therapist. Yes? No?

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.