VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » 03/03/2020, Tuesda...

03/03/2020, Tuesday

ocean4dlm
on 3/3/20 3:03 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15
  1. Within Range: 3.5 over
  2. Blue SmartPoints: 29 (wine)
  3. General Wellbeing: 8.5
  4. FSF: Long walk in the sunshine.
  5. Yesterday's Insights: Shel's balanced wisdom and practical approach combined with her aversion to ostriching are greatly missed. I'd love to benefit from her perspective.

DC's preadmission testing went smoothly. Two weeks from today is his 2nd hip replacement. Shirl, how long will you be in the hospital ? Will PT be part of your recovery ? Peps, hope Dottie and the pups continue to thrive ! Hope you stay home today and take care of yourself....more emergency sub plans to write ! Liz, hoping your week is exceptional ! Paula, hope you made it home AOK ! Feel better ! Ceci, I thought of you when walking in the sun ! I rotate which dog I take first, as the second walk is typically shorter. Atlas sounds like Barkley... full of curiosity and energy. Sadie tends to plod, unless a squirrel or rabbit appear, then all bets are off!

My ripe bananas don't always coincide with muffin making, and Google says you can peel and freeze them whole. Trying it! I was also surprised to learn that very little nutritional value in Greek Yogurt is lost when frozen.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/3/20 4:40 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 124.2, WW blue points 34 (also wine). Don't know where my weight really is now, but I still must be somewhat dehydrated. My schedule is totally out of whack in eating and drinking with company here.

We went to visit my friend's brother who lives on a very old boat. We took a ride on a small skiff that almost stopped running partway but we did make it back thank goodness. The two brothers hadn't seen each other since 6 years ago at their Dad's funeral, so they had nice visit and I enjoyed it as well. We did talk about the town we grew up in, so I was able to be part of the conversations.

Today we are going to Sanibel/Captiva islands. I only went to Sanibel once about 15 years ago, so I'm looking forward to it.

Have a fantastic day!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 3/3/20 9:54 am, edited 3/3/20 1:54 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight this morning: 138.8

I'm still running fast ... got home late yesterday and slept in this morning, barely making it to yoga in time. Did some pre-quarantine shopping today, and it appears store shelves have recovered from the weekend hoarding rushes.

This morning after going to yoga and visiting a grocery store, my post office, and the bank, I came home, unpacked the car from all that shopping AND my trip to The Big City, where I bought some supplies I want to lay in for the next several months, including (cough!) two cases of chardonnay. Hey! No judgment. I could survive a quarantine on beans, chardonnay and toilet paper if I had to.

Anyway, during and after all my unpacking I attempted a semi-serious "decontamination drill." And boy oh boy, is that a challenge! I'm sure David would laugh at my pathetic attempts to scrub myself and everything in the house that I infected simply because I brought stuff in from the outside. It's pretty clear to me after this morning that the way to guarantee a 100% germ-free zone is never to leave the house, never to admit visitors, and to have pre-hoarded absolutely one needs during a self-inflicted or other-required quarantine.Will do a quick lunch here shortly, then dress and run to a club meeting. Our hostess today (in her late 60s) has just been diagnosed with breast cancer and is looking at undergoing chemo during a time of possible COVID-19 exposure. Not a happy combination of events.

BTW, I'm not talking about COVID-19 to be alarmist. I hope the US and Australia have a LOT easier time of it than China had, and our pre-notice of the existence of this bug does mean that we have an advantage they didn't have. I'm just talking about it because it's on my mind these days, thus .... yadda, yadda, yadda. :)

I'll check back in later.

xoxoxo

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Peps
on 3/3/20 10:21 am

Being sick and having a litter of pups seems to be doing wonders for my weight. LOL! I am literally down 6 pounds since Saturday morning. I must have been retaining a lot of water. I am certain that sugar causes inflammation in me. My sugar consumption has been noticeably less the past several days. That coupled with the cold and not a huge appetite may have contributed to the release of water.

The events of the weekend have also seemed to quell the uprising of my disordered eating. I will take that anyway it comes. It is really a discombobulated feeling when my eating disorder kicks in to high gear. I'm kind of glad I know that is what is happening now. It helps me not be so f'ing judgmental and unforgiving of myself. I still freak out - don't think I don't! It's helpful to know what is happening. That knowledge eases the fear and burden to a degree.

COVID-19... Interesting how people are dealing with it. I am, maybe unfortunately, an optimist about such matters. I don't really have a strong concern about the virus. If I get it, I get it. I am pretty healthy in general and statistically healthy people have very mild symptoms. I'm not buying the Spanish Flu pandemic at the moment. I think we'd see far more deaths in all areas that have an outbreak of the virus than we are seeing. In Washington State near Kirkland there have been 6 deaths. Some of my Washington friends are undone by this. But the 21 flu related deaths as of January 7, 2020 seemed not to stir an commotion of any kind in the state. What's up with that? I also work in a petri dish of flu, cold, foot and mouth, slap cheek, etc... viruses. Not to mention lice, strep, and the like. I think common sense prevails right now. However, Pence at the helm does not give me a great sense of security. I wish that President Trump had appointed a medical professional instead as the Corona Virus Czar.

Liz, sounds like you are enjoying your visit with your friend. Ann, always busy, busy, busy aren't you? Glad you're keeping up on Yoga. Still on my bucket list.... Diane O. glad chuck's pre op stuff is going well. Shirl, damn, it's getting real for sure. What is the actual surgery date? Want to be thinking good thoughts for you and your surgeon. Ceci, hope Ferg is enjoying his company. We have had so much sun haven't we? I turned on the sprinklers back on today. Not good. Fearless leader Diane S, why not plastic surgery? I'm all for it, if that's what you want! No harm in feeling better about your appearance!

And for those of us who need reminders..... Start all over again - Nat King Cole The message is good.

CC C.
on 3/3/20 3:14 pm

So much sun! It's felt like summer. Go lay outside in it for a while if you can. My mom always said the sun bakes a cold out of you. If nothing else, warming up in it makes you feel better!

ShirlAus
on 3/3/20 12:40 pm, edited 3/3/20 4:50 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning - I have decided I seriously am bat**** crazy !!!!!! Why you ask, well I go in for knee replacement on 17th March, so have a lot of things to organise and sort out prior to that. We have no floor coverings in the new kitchen so I had a guy come in to quote laying the bamboo last week. Well he came back to me yesterday and I have agreed he can start next Tuesday. Not so bad you say - well it would be if it was only the kitchen but its the whole house with the exception of the laundry and bathroom. Sigh - DH is away in Queensland till late Friday night then we are driving up to the farm to urgently sort out the fencing and said steer. So will come back on Monday and need to clear everything out of the living areas - and I mean everything. They will be done Tuesday and Wednesday. Then Wednesday night we will have to clear out all 3 bedrooms as they will be done Thursday and Friday. Madness. The plus side is it will be all done. The down side is I hope my knee holds up to all this extra activity and moving out n in. It will be a huge job to get done. I started boxing up last night and will continue tonight. Heck I still havent managed to get all the kitchen stuff back out of the caravan yet and put away.... I am sure there will be many "why did I agree to this moments" over the coming week or so but trying to focus on the bigger picture. A freshly laid new floor throughout the whole house. Just breathe Shirley - breathe

Dropping DH Ute to dealer to have the AC fixed under warranty - cracked evap system. Then work which is hectic. Then I need to put on my big girl pants and go do a Costco trip. Im dreading it - apparently the queues yesterday over 25 deep. Mass panic over here. Produce store will have to wait till tomm when I have DH ute back - as I cant fit the bulk bag of hay in my mini - let alone all the bags of chook food.

So thats my vent. Im still looking around and wondering how I am going to achieve all of this but it will all come together. It has too.

Diane O - Glad DC's pre-admission went well. We will be in surgery a few days apart. His first I think. Will be thinking of you. I will be in hospital 3-5 days depending on how I go. Then a decision will be made as to whether I come home (my choice) or go to a rehabilition hospital. There will be a lot of physiotherapy. Surgeon said if Im on the morning list - he wants me up and on my leg that evening so there will be no resting on my laurels indeed. Re the Bananas - I freeze them in their skins - natures freezer bag. Just pull them out, peel and throw into cooking. Works a treat

Liz - Lovely to hear that your visit is going so well.

Peps - Hope the cold is starting to ease and you are able to get some rest. How is Dottie and her gorgeous litter going?

Ann - You sound like you are getting super organised :) 2 cases of chardonnay should see you thru for a while he he he. I asked my mum to make an apt with the Dr yesterday so as to get her flu shot early. My reasoning is that it gets her through the system before most people will be thinking of it and hopefully lessens her exposure. She has a very weak chest and it would be her I worried about the most. I know its not for this virus but ..

Hello to all that follow

I best go and get some work done and its started raining - just in time for me to drop DH car and wait for a ride back home.

S

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/4/20 4:20 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Shirl, I do have to say that I don't think you know how to slow down. I have full confidence that you'll get everything done, but I hope you won't be too frustrated with the enforced quiet after the surgery.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

ShirlAus
on 3/4/20 11:37 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Thanks Liz x In truth Im looking forward to the enforced rest part that will come with my surgery. I really need a break and hope my family will step up to fill in the gaps

CC C.
on 3/3/20 1:18 pm

Funny tweet I read today: "A lot of cheap flights right now and part of me thinks, if I'm going to get the coronavirus, I might as well get it in a deeply discounted 5 star hotel in Venice..."

Not much happening around here. It's warm and windy and the air has so much pine tree pollen blowing in it, it looks like mustard gas was released. So much for not touching my face - my eyes are itchy!

Doggies got walks. Barkley got petted twice and Ferg got a cookie from the nice lady with the greyhound. And he found a tennis ball in the bushes with his keen lost ball radar. Poops and fun were had by all doggies!

DiamondD
on 3/3/20 2:49 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I have those thoughts also :) NYC plane tickets already purchased, but I should keep an eye on the hotel rates. After all, if all the museums are closed, we'll be hanging out a lot in the hotel, maybe an upgrade is needed :) We also bought tickets to Boston for Memorial Day Weekend. Hoping to go on a laying on lounge chairs in front of the ocean vacation mid June when school gets out, maybe there will be bargains to be found!