VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Wednesday, March 4,...

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/4/20 4:31 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 126.6, WW blue points 34. WW weigh-in is tomorrow. I need to stay where I am with my weight to not have any gain this week (which is what my goal was this week).

No Diane S yesterday. I hope all is well.

So Biden is the front-runner. I'm not super surprised, but a little bit.

Yesterday was 2 months since DH died. I was a little off yesterday so that may be why. The visit with my friend is going okay, though I wish he had only been here for a day or two. 3.5 days is too long at least right now. But today we are going to the beach and then dinner. He leaves first thing tomorrow morning. SIL has her first oncologist appointment back in Boston today since 3 months ago. Fingers and toes crossed. My other SIL is going with her.

Happy hump day!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

ocean4dlm
on 3/4/20 5:16 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15
  1. Within Range: 2 over
  2. Blue SmartPoints: 30 (more wine)
  3. General Wellbeing: 9
  4. FSF: Walks with S & A before the rain.
  5. Yesterday's Insights: Both politics and Coronavirus can prompt off the charts responses !

I subscribed to the Misfit fruit/vegetable boxes, receiving my first one yesterday (kale, red onions, carrots, celery, purple fingerling potatoes, tomatoes, lemons, apples, mangos...). Each box is a bit different, and includes recipe ideas. I was invited to join FB site, and write a review. I said something about such fabulous access to fresh fruits and vegetables without having to go to the store. People flipped out with warnings to wash everything with vinegar and consider the potential for contamination. People said they'd cancelled their subscriptions because bacteria and viruses can live on items for a week, and we don't know who is packing it. Wow ! I'm taking increased precautions, but REALLY ?!

Liz, sorry your visit is seeming too long. I totally get it ! You don't know until you know.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/4/20 6:34 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Only 2 over! Excellent!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 3/4/20 11:47 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 139.2
Veggies/Fruits: 8
Macronutrients: Cals - 1,406, Carbs - 166, Fats - 41, Proteins - 85, Fiber - 24
WW SmartPoints: 38
Water: 2
Fitbit Recorded Sleep: 5'34"
Exercise: 80" yoga class and 8,731 steps

And the scales are back up! That's what a fun weekend in The City, a slice of pound cake at a club meeting the next day, and weighing at 12:58 a.m. this morning will do to the scales.

Sign of the times: As I packed up my bag in the hotel room on Monday morning, I did not throw into my suitcase the little single-use shampoo and other toiletry bottles. However, I DID take the extra roll of toilet paper because imminent plague and quarantine, and empty big-box store shelves require desperate measures. LOL!

This morning I did something I feel I deserve a prize for: I took a s**tload of boxes and bags I've been stuffing with clothes, books, shoes, knickknacks and utterly worthless stuff the last few years to our local hospital thrift store. Surprisingly, they continue to say that they manage to sell almost everything people bring to them. Best of all, my foyer closet now has so much empty floor space I could (sedately) hip-hop dance in there.

I think I need a nap. :) Y'all keep having a good hump day. It's kind of gray and snuggly down here where we'll vote next Tuesday.

P.S. My return-home de-germification process is improving, but it's still pretty weak. Some things I figured out today:

1. When you bring your groceries in the house, don't put the bags on your kitchen counters, but on the floor. (Duh! I should have figured that out LONG ago.)
  2. Keep an old coat or windbreaker in the car to protect your nicer clothes from germs while you're out running errands, shopping, pumping gas, etc.
  3. Keep a pair of work gloves in the trunk to wear while pumping gas. Gas pump handles are nasty places!

BTW, even here in the Lower Midwest where folks are very huggy and touchy-feely, they're starting to elbow bump each other (the "Ebola handshake" I've heard it called) instead of shake hands. Also, the place where I pick up my mail is now regularly wiping down their counters with disinfectant. Good on them. :)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

ShirlAus
on 3/4/20 12:21 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning :)

Still no weight - Im avoiding it which is never good....

Woken with the headache I had yesterday still there which is a pain in the butt. Will work through it. Raining heavily outside so Im thankful that I can be inside most of today/tonight. Just one trip to the Produce Store to stock up on the chook food. Oh and pop out in my break to get some more packing paper.

Did big grocery shops last night. Costco had staff standing by the toilet paper telling every customer that they are only allowed one packet. They had just gotten another shipment in and it was chaos. I went to 3 other supermarkets and none of them had Long Life Milk, Rice, Toilet Paper, Napkins or Tissues. Its just crazy. I was stocking up in preparation for my surgery as I wont be able to drive but did wonder how people who dont have the extra funds will be able to buy the basics when its their pay day?

I didnt do anymore packing last night - it was late by the time I did all the food shopping and I just wanted to sit by the time I could have my late dinner.

Liz - Huge hug for you x And hope your SIL gets good news

Diane O - Good on you re the Misfits box :) And you are doing so well getting your weight down - well done

Ann - Doesnt it feel great to purge :) I have a chair in the spare room that a bag sits on constantly and as Im unpacking or sorting if I dont need it - it goes in there. We have been doing runs to the thrift store constantly and I am welcoming the start of a de-clutter

Hello to all that follow.

S

Peps
on 3/4/20 1:21 pm

I continue to be fascinated by reaction nationwide to the Corona Virus spread. I saw the governor in Ann's state issued a statement they are ready and are preparing the citizens of the state for the virus because it is only a matter of time before it comes to that state. To date there are no known cases in Ann's state. I emailed my doc last night asking for a new RX for my ventolin inhaler to help with this creeping crude. I gave him all my symptoms (which are all Corona Virus symptoms, specifically the onset of the illness) but noted I have no fever. I will be interested to see if he recommends I get tested for the virus, just in case. We don't seem to have a run on supplies in this area from what I've heard, but in some areas up and down the west coast there is no toilet paper to be had, no hand sanitizer, latex gloves. Have people forgotten that good old fashioned soap and water works better than hand sanitizer? Anyhow, I find it interesting how we can all react differently to the same triggers. A study in anthropology and sociology, to be sure!

Well, Mr. Bloomberg has bowed out of the race now, too. It feels now like it's a race between Sanders and Biden. In California, President Trump was the only republican candidate to get any of the vote. The other 3 came in at 0%. Will be entertaining to see how this all falls out this summer. I don't think politics is supposed to be entertaining, though.

Weight was up 1.3 this morning. I'm good with that. I guess there was a little dehydration going on after all. So glad the panic and fear eating seems to have subsided and my eating has taken on some logic again.

Ron insisted I stay home another day from school. I didn't fight him. It was the right decision. I still feel icky and run down. My sinuses are heavy with congestion now, too.

Pups are doing well, as is Mama Dottie. So weird to be calling her Mama. But she is a good mama. Ron and I think she might even be a just a tad better in the maternal department than Ella, and that is hard to beat.

I feel like I should be doing something productive, but at the same time, I'm not really feeling up to it. I am up, cleaned up and dressed (as I was yesterday), but beyond sitting on the couch internetting, tending to mama and pups, feeding dogs, getting my own lunch, etc... I'm not feeling super motivated.

Happy Humpty Dumpty Day!

ShirlAus
on 3/4/20 3:25 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Hope you shake the bug soon Peps. Rest up lots :)

CC C.
on 3/4/20 5:03 pm

As a registered Republican, there were only Republican candidates on my ballot. I voted for one of the other guys who is pro-choice and pro-gay marriage. It doesn't matter, but at least I can live with myself.

VSGAnn2014
on 3/4/20 5:20 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

"You say hoarding, I say prepping ... let's call the whole thing off."

:)

Devon, in my neck of the woods everyone has strong prepper genes. We have lots of experience prepping because we have so many "seasons": tornado season, ice storm season, flood season, snow season (even a foot of snow can maroon city and country folk at home without electricity or plowed roads), tick season, chigger season, and Bentonville-forgot-to-send-our-Walmart-any-beer-this-weekend season. Yup, that's happened, too.

With regard to our obsession with toilet paper, most of us down here know what life without it is like. For two years of my childhood TP at our home was pages torn from the Sears and Roebuck catalogs in an outdoor toilet.

See why country folk love Amazon so much?

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

DiamondD
on 3/4/20 6:42 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Still have not added to my stash, but reassure myself I have enough toilet paper. I always buy the pack at Costco because I enjoy the security of knowing I don't have to remember to buy toilet paper again for a couple of months. With just the 2 of us, and both of us out of the house for our fulltime jobs, Costco packs are bountiful.

Tonight was conferences. People were cool about not shaking hands. They are probably more afraid of my hand then I am of theirs, I share a building with 1,800 teenagers, some with questionable hygiene habits. Even before coronavirus, I avoid touching handrails, or pull my sleeve down over my hand if I must.

The parents put out a marvelous conference dinner. Definitely not a 1,200 calorie day, but all in all, I can live with the choices I made.My pre measured meal plan is all packed for tomorrow.

My dresses came from eShakti today, and I'm keeping them both. I sized up one size on the knit (stretchy dress) and 2 sizes up on the duponi silk dress. Maybe 2 sizes wasn't necessary, but I'm satisfied with the fit. I don't know if everyone would need to do that, but these darn boobs... I bought their standard size, but you can send them your measurements and pay a little more and they will custom sew it for you. The duponi silk dress was completely lined, and has lots of tailoring. I'll post pictures when I wear them, probably will wear one this weekend when we go to the Guthrie theater.

Still no Diane S.?