VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Friday, March 6, 20...

Friday, March 6, 2020

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/6/20 4:17 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 125, WW Bluepoints 5, but I ate mostly zero point foods. One favorite snack I had yesterday was Cecily/Ann's "blueberry cobbler" (WW 1 point muffin recipe from Cecily, microwaved with extra blueberries). Yummm... I also hydrated all day and slept well last night. So I am calling this 125 a true weight: I am back to my WLS goal!

I hung out at the pool yesterday and went to yoga. The substitute yoga teacher was really good and quite different from our usual one who giggles an awful lot (can be a bit distracting). Today we have a Fashion Show at our lodge which several of my friends are participating in. It should be fun. I apparently also have an early birthday present arriving from my daughter which she said was breakable so I should be careful opening it. I haven't a clue as to what it could be.

Have an enjoyable Friday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 3/6/20 5:45 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 137.4
Veggies/Fruits: 11
Macronutrients: Cals - 1,359, Carbs - 135, Fats - 33, Proteins - 114, Fiber - 38
WW SmartPoints: 27
Water: 1
Fitbit Recorded Sleep: 6'17"
Exercise: 75" yoga class and 7,620 steps

The older I get, the better I seem to be about paying attention to what's actually going on with me and with my body. For several days this week I just haven't felt up to pushing hard enough to get 10K steps. That's a little surprising and not like me this winter. But I'm proud of myself for listening to my body, taking a little nap yesterday, and not exhausting myself in the name of "exercise goals." Yesterday I felt a bit like my body was fighting off a bug, which it may well have been, since a variety of "cruds" are floating around down here. Happy to have avoided thus far this winter any colds, flu, etc. this winter. Fingers still crossed.

Scales are down, eating's good, exercise overall is still quite good. Assuming my teacher is feeling better this week I'll get down tonight at hip-hop class. :) Although I'll probably never be a skilled hip-hop dancer I'm finding I do have some new moves lately that are starting to feel like my own. I'm moving my shoulders, arms, booty, and feet more than I used to. And I dance multiple times during the week here at home, just because there's a great song on or I want to speed up my walking and have fun doing it. Not a bad benefit from a couple months of dance class, eh?

I don't have another darned thing worth saying. Except this ...

T.G.I.F. Old School!

And if I'm ever told I have only 30 days to live I'm going to take up cocaine and dance 24/7!

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Miss150
on 3/6/20 6:22 am

Good morning all..

(The ostrich sticks her head up out of the hole for a look-see...)

Three lines into every post (and I've tried, folks, really), I read what I've written and just sigh - delete- and vow to try again the next day. I am just over it, myself, that is, for the moment; tired of self and the rebuke (self directed)that happens when I "see" the reality manifest in print. It will pass- just taking its ******g time doing so.

Action-movement is the prescription, so today I post, clean house, engage.

As always, ever grateful for you all, who continue to shine the light and carry those of us (that is to say- ME-) along the road- directing, encouraging, accepting.

It's good. It's always good. Especially the knowing that it can and will be be better.

DiamondD
on 3/6/20 1:35 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

We miss you when you're away. Hugs.

Miss150
on 3/6/20 7:35 pm

VSGAnn2014
on 3/6/20 4:27 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Hey, Miss Ostrich. Good to hear your voice. I hope that sunshine is reaching your neighborhood. :)

How's the doggie doing?

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,

Miss150
on 3/6/20 7:45 pm

Peps
on 3/6/20 10:16 am, edited 3/6/20 2:17 am

Last night I felt better than I had been feeling all week. Got puppy tails and dew claws done in record time (9 pups in about 90 minutes.) Of course, it helped I did all the prep work before we started. I did not put in for a sub. I was clearly on the mend.

Woke up this morning feeling pretty crappy, but no sub... so I am at school - SWEATING, SNOTTY, and eyes as red as a sunset! Not sure if the goopy eyes are part of this virus or if I have pink eye. I have left over meds for Pink Eye and Blepharitis, so I'm using it, just to cover my ass. So not lovely how this virus fakes me out! Of course, several children have asked if I had/have the Corona Virus. Part of me wants to be a dick and say Yes!, but of course that would cause rumors to fly!

Weight was down another 1.1 this morning. I am not dieting, but am very well aware of my eating, if that makes sense. I am trying to be very aware of my eating habits that need to be re-habituated. I use food to transition form one thing to another - as I did with cigarettes. I also tend to rush to food when I feel frustrated or annoyed - especially if I'm irked with Ron. I think my eating disorder rearing its ugly head last week was probably a good thing. it really helped me identify some triggers. I need to develop strategies to manage the emotional eating that is engrained in my life. Won't be easy. However, I'm choosing to work on the eating disorder aspect of my weight first rather than just losing weight. It will be slower going, but I think it's the right road for me. I know I can lose weight, but I'm after sustainability. Sustaining a weight loss is what I need to learn to do.

About 2 hours has passed since I started writing this post and I am happy to report that the sweating has stopped! I feel much more like I can function through this cold for the rest of the day.

I do have an appointment with the RD. I called to confirm yesterday and let her know about my cold. She wants me to come in, if I'm game, so I am going. Should be an interesting session. Will report on it tomorrow.

A very short work week for me, but still TGIF!

DiamondD
on 3/6/20 1:39 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Good heavens, whatever it is, it's not good! Glad it's getting better. Does not sound like a man cold at all. But it does give me a chance to trot out my The Devil Wears Prada quote: When I feel faint, I eat a cube of cheese. I'm just one stomach flu from my perfect weight.

VSGAnn2014
on 3/6/20 4:15 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Jeez, man ... that's one helluva cold you've got there. But if you've got a runny nose, it ain't COVID-19. They don't have that. Sorry. ;)

Sustainability ... yeah.